Perfect Dark (Reboot)

Kiltman

There have been some rumors that this could have a seasonal or episodic quality to it. The trailer seems to jive with it. If You are exploring and going through Cairo to infiltrate the company working out of there...it stands to reason that you could do the same in other cities around the globe. Like a narrative version of that newest Hitman game.

No confirmation it won’t just be one giant game, but that was some chatter this week.

Really excited for this. It's really the game, for better or for worse, that is going to define Microsoft for this next generation, IMO. They need this to be the narrative masterpiece that many Sony games are. They have the budget, team (a lot of people from great studios including Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch are working here) and time to create an amazing game. Hope they could pull it off.

Edited by elevators_rule

1 minute ago, Danger said:

From the hype this studio has had, I really hope this isn't some brief, short, or shallow game. Not sure how much they will really be able to do with the perfect dark franchise.

They seem to want to go for that movie level storytelling here. Honestly if they can pump out 30 hour campaigns with branching open world paths fairly quickly, I’m kinda intrigued by it.

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

So Microsoft is going with another in-house studio and not Rare for this one? 

The Initiative has a whole slew of well known talent to make the studio. I don't care if it's the original studio, just make good games with good studios.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

The Initiative has a whole slew of well known talent to make the studio. I don't care if it's the original studio, just make good games with good studios.

I mean, I know that Rare isn't the original guys.  Part of them split off to form a company that turned into Crytek.  It just seems odd that they wouldn't give them a chance to be a part of their original IP, especially since I don't think Rare has anything major on their plate. 

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, I know that Rare isn't the original guys.  Part of them split off to form a company that turned into Crytek.  It just seems odd that they wouldn't give them a chance to be a part of their original IP, especially since I don't think Rare has anything major on their plate. 

Don’t think Rare had any interest honestly. 
They have Sea of Thieves updates, Everwild and the other game on their plate. A photoreal, rough spy game doesn’t seem like their bag at this point.

I think you are gonna see more of this cross pollination within Xbox game studios. Too long has IP just sat there collecting dust.

Moves like Double Fine making a Banjo game or Obsidian getting to do another Fallout game while Bethesda won’t get to one until the later part of the decade make too much sense.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Moves like Double Fine making a Banjo game or Obsidian getting to do another Fallout game while Bethesda won’t get to one until the later part of the decade make too much sense.

It's even possible a completely different Studio does a Fallout game. Obsidian's got Avowed to focus on now, and then... maybe an Outer Worlds sequel? Not sure. If that series is 1 and done then maybe they make a return to Fallout, but I liked the Outer Worlds pretty well so I'm gonna hope they continue on with that.

6 hours ago, Danger said:

It's even possible a completely different Studio does a Fallout game. Obsidian's got Avowed to focus on now, and then... maybe an Outer Worlds sequel? Not sure. If that series is 1 and done then maybe they make a return to Fallout, but I liked the Outer Worlds pretty well so I'm gonna hope they continue on with that.

They have like 2.5 half teams so they can work on stuff congruently. But yeah you’d think the biggest team that’s making avowed would need to be tapped. But the Outer Worlds team would make the most sense.
Another solution is teams working together. Like between Obsidian, InXile and Bethesda they have enough people on secondary teams or could offer help. Especially because amongst all that the original creators would get to work on it again. So maybe Outer Worlds team runs point. They use the new engine Bethesda made for Starfield and inXile helps a little too. And they get it out by 2026.

All of these solutions would be quicker than just waiting on Bethesda to make Fallout 5, which at this point wouldn’t be out til like 2028-2029 if they do it after TES6.