Week 6 GDT: Tennessee Titans (2-3) vs Indianapolis Colts (2-3)

titansNvolsR#1

Who Gone Win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gone Win?

• Titans by 2 TDs
    • Colts by 2 TDs
    • Titans by 1 score
    • Colts by 1 score

11 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Technically... they traded for their backup once they had a better idea of how long their starter was going to be down.  Prior to acquiring Brissett in September, they had Tolzien, Morris, and Walker as their QB depth chart

But I agree that our FO royally f'ed up not getting a better backup QB.  It's unacceptable.  

Yes. Considering it's been a given the last 2 years that Marcus was going to get dinged up.  Until Marcus can prove he is going to be like Manning and never miss a game, then you must invest in a better back up.  

The rest of the team isn't at a level where it can overcome below average to slightly average QB play.  

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yea King you're right, I don't love this team. I spend my free time on a forum writing about them along with virtual strangers because I don't love the team 

Nashville sounds like it's going through what atlanta has gone through. Growing rapidly with a lot of new residents from other cities. Doesn't change the fact that, even in Week 1 of this year when we've had more hype than ever, you could hear Raider fans going nuts for Raider first downs and big plays. Crazy thing is, when I watch a Steelers-Raiders game in Pit, I don't hear it. Don't hear opposing fans when i watch the Bears, either, and they suck as much as we do the past decade (other than the annual home game against GB who is down the street)

the hard part of the forum is this -- those who critique the team over the last ten years have been told to be quiet and be patient and give it time. But those posters have been the ones who are actually right. But maybe I'll leave the forum because I don't love this team.

The board's been tumultuous these past few years... but it seems even more so this year.  I know we've both been gone for stretches... sometimes I think I just don't need the aggravation... but it's really just a handful of posters I can't stand.  With most everyone else... even when we disagree... it's typically good conversation back and forth. 

I've been, and probably still continue to be one of the posters that says... let's wait guys... let's see what we have.   Even I have my limits... but my stance so far this year is that the problems so far go deeper than just the coaching staff.  If we're going to give the GM credit for making a couple good signings and blame only the coaching staff for failing to get us there, we're going to disagree.  Just like everyone deserves credit for the jump from 2 and 3 wins to 9 wins... everyone deserves blame for the current stagnant feel of the team (coaches for failing to get players ready, players for not executing, and GM/FO for failing to address some very serious issues, instead focusing attention in other/questionable areas).

As far as the fan base, I am with you that the Titans fanbase is probably one of the smallest in the NFL... but I understand why fans rooted in Nashville would be rubbed the wrong way at the words used.  

But the fact remains that the Titans fan base is not among the best.  All NFL teams have loyal fans, but the Titans have been through so much, and there are a few reasons why they've never reached higher status:

• The Titans remain one of the "newest" franchises
  • Bud's ugly breakup with Houston lost a lot of entrenched fans (of all the Oilers fans I knew growing up [I'm from TX), I'm the only one who follows the Titans... most others just stayed neutral until the Texans came about)
  • Nashville has been one of the smallest metros in the NFL.  As of the 2016 metro, they were 5th smallest above only Jacksonville, NOLA (established), Buffalo (established), and Green Bay (established).  
  • Even with Nashville growing, it seems to be getting a lot of implants... and implants hardly ever pick up the home team as their own.  
  • Late/post Fisher blues hangover

That's not to say there's not some hardcore fans in Nashville... this board is a testament to that.  We just don't have the size base that most other established teams do... and it results in more rival fans in our stands than most other teams (even if we still keep a majority in the stands).

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yes. Considering it's been a given the last 2 years that Marcus was going to get dinged up.  Until Marcus can prove he is going to be like Manning and never miss a game, then you must invest in a better back up.  

The rest of the team isn't at a level where it can overcome below average to slightly average QB play.  

I know TL has been banging this drum since the Dolphins gameday thread... but the comments from both of you (and others) are the same:  what can we really expect with a Cassel-led team.  What could anyone have done differently? (Especially when you negate his one good throw due to a horrible call).

7 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

We have one of the worst home fan bases in the NFL. There will be plenty of colts fans.

this forum is turning into Denial-Central

Nah it's turning into cry about stuff- central.  

Like Im starting to not see a point of getting on here tbh Like we need to make a thread where all the doom and gloom stuff goes or make a thread where the people who don't think the sky is falling can go and talk. Like pretty sure there is a vent thread. Go in there. CRY ABOUT EVERYTHING, 

Forgot to hit submit on that post earlier lmao. BUT ANYWAYS 

Hoping Marcus can go. 

If he plays then the streak ends IMO. We are the better team and have been for the last couple of years but our trash CBs  and Luck being Luck has kept it going. Can't keep letting them off the hook and I don't think we will. Adoree should be able to AT THE VERY LEAST contain TY. 

MNF at home. 

This isnt a must win for the playoffs BUT DAMN IT ITS A MUST WIN LOL

Second, I like Nashville. It's a great city, but it's not a Titans city. Now, my view may also be slightly skewed by being from the most pure NFL city in the country.

That isn't to say there aren't plenty of diehard and passionate fans in Nashville, but the city itself doesn't really rally around the team. Week 1 was pretty eye opening. Raiders fans were louder than Titans fans and tv ratings were down. For years, there was the built in excuse that expectations were low and the team was bad. But when you're coming off a 9-7 year, are the favorites in the division and still not drawing, that's concerning.

I was at the Dolphins game Sunday. That's not a fan base that's known for its passion. But even coming off essentially getting shutout by the Jets and Saints, they still had a legitimate homefield advantage. Crowd was legit loud at the right times.

I truly hope that if we ever start winning, the city rallies. But it's concerning.

58 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I know TL has been banging this drum since the Dolphins gameday thread... but the comments from both of you (and others) are the same:  what can we really expect with a Cassel-led team.  What could anyone have done differently? (Especially when you negate his one good throw due to a horrible call).

I think another problem that everyone seemed to ignore during the Dolphins game is just how truly awful our offensive line played. Like Cassel sucks and we all get it, but he had pressure in his face before he even had a chance to get off his first read half the time. And when Lewan went down that problem got even worse. While Mariota playing vs the Dolphins notches us the win even despite the refs, I feel like our offensive performance still would have been pretty bad if that's how the offensive line was gonna play, especially with a less mobile Marcus.

I'll give the o-line the benefit of the doubt because for the most part against some of the best fronts in football in the Jags, Seahawks and Texans they did pretty well, but I can go the rest of my life without ever watching our o-line suck as bad as they did on Sunday again. I don't know if Marcus makes calls for the o-line that Cassel didn't or if they just didn't wanna show up.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The board's been tumultuous these past few years... but it seems even more so this year.  I know we've both been gone for stretches... sometimes I think I just don't need the aggravation... but it's really just a handful of posters I can't stand.  With most everyone else... even when we disagree... it's typically good conversation back and forth. 

Another way to look at it is even like this...

for literally the past 10+ years, guys like you, me, @KingTitan, @titans0021, @-Hope-, @titansNvolsR#1 Etc have talked about this team at length among each other and there's been way way more bad than good. It's like how everyone hates going to work, but still get along with most in the office, but after a while (10 years) even the smallest things start to piss you off more than ever before because you aren't getting the promotion you want (a freaking super bowl). 

Bad example. But a large handful of us have been doing this on here for way, way too long. And the majority of our convos have been around how to not lose as much as we do!

It's frustrating being a fan of this team. I think we all know that.  We flirt with success only to turn our back on it and run back to the abusive hole of despair.  
I'm a born and raised Nashvillian.  It does rub me terrible wrong when I see the fans in the stadium, cheering and having a good time. Mainly because I was there for majority of those first few games when it was the best stadium crowd in the league.  
Winning in this city cures a lot of things.  We don't have the rooted history of the Browns and Bears. I have sons who have never seen this team in the playoffs (take that back, win in the playoffs). They don't know any level of sustained success by this team. 
With so many people moving to this city who are fans of other teams, this team hasn't won enough to capture their hearts.  Eddie and Steve, those guys captured the hearts of a city.  

Why am I so quick to defend this team, moves and especially this city, because it is my city. I've watch it go from this small little place that had country music in it, to this budding metropolis. 
I spent this weekend in Minnesota with the fam. It's a noticeable difference in how they treat the Vikings. A lot more random people wearing jerseys and overall team pride. (along with a butt load of Packers).

Sorry for lashing out at anyone and at @deeluxx3 in particular.  Its just that I think even the most optimistic of us know this team is floundering and routinely fails to meet expectations. But also it's hard to be down all the time, when I know it could be worst and also trying to cling onto any reason to optimistically tune in the next week. Everyone is different. Some are more critical and that's cool.  But for those of us who want to try to find the slightest glimmer of hope, we aren't in denial. We aren't blind. Like many of us said after the "Hire." It's not much us few guys on a forum are going to do, that will impact any decision made with the team.  All our disagreements/passionate debates/arguments/name calling means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

We all just along for the ride. 

Our differences create a balance, behind a common goal/passion. The Titans. 

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Another way to look at it is even like this...

for literally the past 10+ years, guys like you, me, @KingTitan, @titans0021, @-Hope-, @titansNvolsR#1 Etc have talked about this team at length among each other and there's been way way more bad than good. It's like how everyone hates going to work, but still get along with most in the office, but after a while (10 years) even the smallest things start to piss you off more than ever before because you aren't getting the promotion you want (a freaking super bowl). 

Bad example. But a large handful of us have been doing this on here for way, way too long. And the majority of our convos have been around how to not lose as much as we do!

So your solution is to give up and piss and moan in every thread you post in? The Titans have been a franchise for what? Not even 20 years, and you're crying about not winning a superbowl? Boohoo, there are plenty of teams who have waited way longer than that. Half the teams in the league have never won a super bowl.

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

So your solution is to give up and piss and moan in every thread you post in? The Titans have been a franchise for what? Not even 20 years, and you're crying about not winning a superbowl? Boohoo, there are plenty of teams who have waited way longer than that. Half the teams in the league have never won a super bowl.

The worst part about this forum is that, when I'm logged out and browsing, your posts still show up in the thread. Still wishing death or injury on any of our players? I haven't been reading.

@KingTitan all good in the hood my friend. I didn't mean any offense toward Nashvillians, was just trying to make an objective point that certainly came off more as an opinion.

we will get through this. This team is floundering big time this year, I can feel it in my bones. This indy game is a must win. But hopefully, one day before this window that's named Marcus Mariota closes, we can surround him with the right coaches and players so he can take us all the way. First round of celebratory appletinis are on me! (They're Rage's favorite)

Archived