Duane Brown?

ThirtyOne-EightyNine

Its been reported that Seattle is interested in Duane Brown. They have worked out Brandon Albert to possibly sign and trade him to Houston to lessen the asking price of Brown. He is in a contract situation with Houston so who knows how it will work out, if it even does.

I am all for it. Huge upgrade from Odhiambo. Crossing my fingers on this.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Seattle-Seahawks-have-inquired-about-LT-Duane-Brown-108686147

I am all in for Duane Brown. He's not only a top 5 talent at the LT position, he also has a lot of experience in Kubiak's ZBS variant, which is very similar to Cable's. The biggest question is how much the Seahawks should give up for him.

At this point I am so desperate for an OL change and so disappointed at Carroll and Bevell's management of the passing game that I would be willing to straight up trade Jimmy Graham for Duane Brown. We should at least be able to open running lanes in the left side of the OL and Wilson eon't face death from the blind side anytime soon. Watson gains a best friend.

This whay the Seahawks also make better balance between the money spent on OL vs Skill Position on offense. 

This all will never happen, though.

Not sure about Albert but he's worth a flyer. Seahawks passed on Evans last season and it was a mistake, the Seahawks should not pass on vet talent.

I'll echo the same sentiments you guys have.  I would love for the Seahawks to be able to land Brown or Albert.  Anything would be a major help and is much needed.  The Seahawks have spent so many resources drafting offensive linemen and it has not worked out particularly great.  I think signing or trading for some vets along the offensive line is the way to go about it right now.

Been hearing a bunch of chatter - Brown for a first, Brown for Jermey Lane + conditional pick, Brown for Jimmy Graham + conditional pick, Brown for Michael Bennett + conditional pick (bit hard to sell in Houston, given his outspoken stances, and our owners' "conservative" views).

I'm all for any scenario. The bridge is burnt for a return, and while an OT remains a need, there's no returning given the current situation. Logic says that the 1st would be best case scenario, Lane would be smartest move, Graham would be "sexy" move (Watson with Hopkins, Fuller AND Graham!?)

Let's do this. Let's DO this.:D

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Been hearing a bunch of chatter - Brown for a first, Brown for Jermey Lane + conditional pick, Brown for Jimmy Graham + conditional pick, Brown for Michael Bennett + conditional pick (bit hard to sell in Houston, given his outspoken stances, and our owners' "conservative" views).

I'm all for any scenario. The bridge is burnt for a return, and while an OT remains a need, there's no returning given the current situation. Logic says that the 1st would be best case scenario, Lane would be smartest move, Bennett would be equally smart move and Graham would be "sexy" move (Watson with Hopkins, Fuller AND Graham!?)

Let's do this. Let's DO this.:D

I think it doesn't work out cap-wise trading Jeremy Lane for Duane Brown unless they do that contract maneuver they made with Baldwin earlier in the season (convert salary into prorated bonuses). Well, Wilson and Earl Thomas might be solid candidates for that move. Also, Lane is a prime candidate for a cut next season, this is the ideal scenario for Seahawks.

Michael Bennett for Duane Brown would be a very ****ty faith move. They just extended Bennett (a leader, a top player, one of the poster boys for the "UDFA to riches" they like to sell to agents on "round 8") on a bargain and now they want to trade him? Schneider and Carroll would lose all the credibility they earned in the locker room by the way they handled Lynch, Kam and Bennett himself.

I think Bennett to Houston has zero chance to happen.

Graham makes a lot of sense for both teams imo, Texans need to handle weapons to Watson and Seahawks needs to improve OL play, but I think Carroll and Schneider are not done with Graham yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless the Seahawks blows a huge turnover in this trade, this is a great aggressive move worth the - by far - best FO in the league.

John Schneider is the greatest single individual in this 7 year run.

Now the Seahawks should capitalize on this trade even further to secure club control over George Fant. Brown gives enough time to Fant recover and develop.

Archived