NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If he retires then he will be off the books anyways. 

Sure, but how long can this go on before before it’s just him not showing up to his job. How can you do that when you signed a contract?

Genuinely wondering because i don’t know if there is an actual time limit to going awol.

37 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Are we still pretending Kyrie is a positive asset? @Kip Smithers @J-ALL-DAYAre the Nets still better than the Celtics or????

SRY YALL but I can't believe this man got ANY supporters left. He's all an time cancer 

What are the odds on him just retiring in the next year or so? 

This is the worst type of fan. It’s clear and has been stated he’s out for personal reasons. That should be the end of it. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

love to hear this reasoning! you offer nothing but "you guys care about kyrie too much" 

He’s out for personal reasons. What that reason is? I don’t know and it’s not yours or anybody’s business. If he feels like he is not able to play for whatever reason then that his decision. Think for yourself and stop letting yours and others peoples narratives think for you.

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

He’s out for personal reasons. What that reason is? I don’t know and it’s not yours or anybody’s business. If he feels like he is not able to play for whatever reason then that his decision. Think for yourself and stop letting yours and others peoples narratives think for you.

other peoples narratives? 

i have been posting on this board for over a decade. this i am not proud of but if there is any dent in this board i have made, it's that of disliking kyrie. if there has ever been a narrative that was my own, it's that kyrie is not a positive asset to a winning basketball franchise. 

wait i just reread your post. stop letting my narrative think for me? sounds like some type of kyrie line. this a kyrie burner?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

other peoples narratives? 

i have been posting on this board for over a decade. this i am not proud of but if there is any dent in this board i have made, it's that of disliking kyrie. if there has ever been a narrative that was my own, it's that kyrie is not a positive asset to a winning basketball franchise. 

wait i just reread your post. stop letting my narrative think for me? sounds like some type of kyrie line. this a kyrie burner?

Dislike his basketball skills and style all you want that’s up to you. That’s not my point here. This has nothing to do with basketball and about him as a person. He’s going through something personal and is having time away from the team. Then you wanna tag me and say “I told you so”. Like wtf? I want Kyrie to be playing with his mind fully on basketball. Not with mind elsewhere. 

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Dislike his basketball skills and style all you want that’s up to you. That’s not my point here. This has nothing to do with basketball and about him as a person. He’s going through something personal and is having time away from the team. Then you wanna tag me and say “I told you so”. Like wtf? I want Kyrie to be playing with his mind fully on basketball. Not with mind elsewhere. 

I think we both know that's not the root of this conversation. Yeah man, sucks, we're all human and deal with things. We don't all get paid millions of dollars to pay basketball and complain about how we're treated unfairly. Dude lied to a fanbase to their faces and cost the Celtics assets. He's arrogant and selfish and as an NBA fan, I'm allowed to dislike the villains. Sorry he's on your team. I was just told Kyrie is a great player and the Nets are going to be this great team. I said naw. 

Edited by Troy Brown
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

That’s kind of the whole point, though. His mind is never on basketball and it invariably hurts the team.

If he’s like Zack Grienke and has to walk away for awhile due to severe anxiety I’d understand, but Kyrie is a **** who leaves without telling anyone to give everyone Covid and it’s the media’s fault.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I think we both know that's not the root of this conversation. Yeah man, sucks, we're all human and deal with things. We don't all get paid millions of dollars to pay basketball and complain about how we're treated unfairly. Dude lied to a fanbase to their faces and cost the Celtics assets. He's arrogant and selfish and as an NBA fan, I'm allowed to dislike the villains. Sorry he's on your team. 

Come on now, REALLY?? You have 1,000 reasons you can dislike him, but you are still butthurt about THIS? What was he supposed to say? This will be my last year in Boston? The FO knew he was an upcoming free agent so if they had any doubts of him re-signing, they should have traded him. 

All good though, Nets in 5! 

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I think we both know that's not the root of this conversation. Yeah man, sucks, we're all human and deal with things. We don't all get paid millions of dollars to pay basketball and complain about how we're treated unfairly. Dude lied to a fanbase to their faces and cost the Celtics assets. He's arrogant and selfish and as an NBA fan, I'm allowed to dislike the villains. Sorry he's on your team. 

The way you deal with something didn’t make it right or wrong. That’s up to you. I care more about what his teammates think and how they receive him then any fan. That’s what matters tbh. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Come on now, REALLY?? You have 1,000 reasons you can dislike him, but you are still butthurt about THIS? What was he supposed to say? This will be my last year in Boston? The FO knew he was an upcoming free agent so if they had any doubts of him re-signing, they should have traded him. 

I never wanted him in Boston. I didn't want him to stay in Boston. But he sure didn't have to stand in the Garden and say I want to be here if you'll have me lol 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He said like October of that off season that he would like to stay in Boston. Then my goodness, how dare he 9 months later change his mind. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I never wanted him in Boston. I didn't want him to stay in Boston. But he sure didn't have to stand in the Garden and say I want to be here if you'll have me lol 

AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU DIDN'T WANT HIM! Key words in his statement were "if you'll have me" and it was clear your fanbase did not want him.Thank you for admitting people like you were the reason Kyrie left for Boston. 

Glad we can move on from this...........