NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Nobody "scoffed" tho, homie. Show me where either I or @NYRaider scoffed at Wood over Allen. Wood is fine. Allen is a winning player. I'd rather win than watch a player put up fantasy stats.

probably too soon to make that distinction is all i'm saying. he's incredibly talented and made a real leap. you're talking about him like he's been in the league and fooling people. i think he just arrived. of course houston is not set up for success and he is overextended as a first option. 

Just now, champ11 said:

probably too soon to make that distinction is all i'm saying. he's incredibly talented and made a real leap. you're talking about him like he's been in the league and fooling people. i think he just arrived. of course houston is not set up for success and he is overextended as a first option. 

Eh, I've seen enough in the past to fall for that. He didn't just magically change his stripes. Every time he's filled in as a starter, he's put up these type of lines. Yet, here we are, he's on his 5th team at age 25. He is what he is.

I think they are letting the Wiz play tomorrow tho? Even tho they canceled the Suns gm tomorrow just because they played the Wiz lol

I cant believe they contract traced a team with no +s but didn't contact trace a team with multiple +s lol. 

Lol so many ppl on the wiz tested + that they dont have enough players, otherwise they were gonna let them play

Edited by 11sanchez11

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, I've seen enough in the past to fall for that. He didn't just magically change his stripes. Every time he's filled in as a starter, he's put up these type of lines. Yet, here we are, he's on his 5th team at age 25. He is what he is.

yeah i strongly disagree with that. guys can make leaps. he started 4 games in his career previous to last season. i see that milwaukee had him in house. i see what's going on here haha 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

yeah i strongly disagree with that. guys can make leaps. he started 4 games in his career previous to last season. i see that milwaukee had him in house. i see what's going on here haha 

Nothing to do with Milwaukee. I actually had a 1st round, end of lottery grade on Wood coming out of UNLV. I don't hate the guy whatsoever. I just don't think he is more than what he is at this point. He's still the same player he's always been.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Nothing to do with Milwaukee. I actually had a 1st round, end of lottery grade on Wood coming out of UNLV. I don't hate the guy whatsoever. I just don't think he is more than what he is at this point. He's still the same player he's always been.

"is what he is" argument is bold to me when he played about 500 NBA minutes before last season but I'm not that passionate on Christian Wood to be fair. he's good. we'll see 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, looking at their roster as it stands they have very little depth. 

PG - Kyrie Irving | Tyler Johnson 

SG - James Harden | Landry Shamet | Bruce Brown

SF - Joe Harris | Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot 

PF - Kevin Durant | Jeff Green 

C - DeAndre Jordan | Nick Claxton | Reggie Perry

Who ?

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, looking at their roster as it stands they have very little depth. 

PG - Kyrie Irving | Tyler Johnson 

SG - James Harden | Landry Shamet | Bruce Brown

SF - Joe Harris | Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot 

PF - Kevin Durant | Jeff Green 

C - DeAndre Jordan | Nick Claxton | Reggie Perry

I think the depth issue is little bit overblown. Particularly when it comes to the post season. Rotations should offset a lot of that. And in post season benches aren’t necessarily all that important.  

Also I'm sure it was related to cap space and picks but why didn't Houston just take Allen, LeVert, and Prince? 

Wall - LeVert - Prince - Wood - Allen

That ain't too shabby. Plus LeVert is two years younger than Oladipo and under contract for two more years (following this season) while Oladipo is a FA this summer.