Week 14 GDT - Broncos at Panthers

Just now, rcpbawler said:

For Lock's sake, sure, just want to see more plays called for the young guns preferably. Lock looks a lot like the game manager he was in his rookie year which is light years better than the 2020 version.

Can't disagree with that.

17 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

Really need to get kj and Jeudy involved in the second half. It's about player development at this point, no reason Nick Vannet should have the majority of the targets at this point.

I;m guessing this is kind of what you had in mind.

I read through @lomaxgrUK notes on the Chiefs game and he was largely complimentary of both Lock and Shurmur. I felt the same way just watching it on TV and I’m seeing more to like in this game. Something clicked between those too. It might be too late to save Drew’s job, or at least not enough to keep us from bringing in some form of competition, but the growth is a good sign and it makes sense to see it after they didn’t have any sort of a real off-season together. 

Beautiful play by Hamler there the score! 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

Lock has looked much better today.  This is not a good Panthers defense, but Lock is showing maturity.  Taking what the defense is giving, which opens things up to take shots when you’re consistently completing passes (even if only for 5-6 yards).  That’s what opens up big plays.  When everything is about the big plays it makes it easy for a defense to pin their ears back and wait for mistakes.

Hope this continues.  Having Lock be the answer is so important.  This game won’t change my mind, but it’s a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

That 3rd down play where Lock threw it I will take all day.  That’s a play he usually tries to force.  Sometimes it’s just not there and you have to give your guy a chance to make a play.  That’s what Lock did.  That’s smart football.