Week 15 Prospect Talk

rackcs

2 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Thoughts on DL Chauncey Gholston and Dayvion Nixon?

Gholston had an awesome game and made a ton of plays, made Van Lanen look awful on that one sack.  Kid is a legit mid round draft pick and will be an NFL player.  Has progressed nicely this year for an impressive Iowa team, solid 4/3 DE prospect.  Nick Niemann I was impressed with as well at LB, smart player and good tackler.  Jack Campbell could be a future star for them, he made some massive plays in that game with the INT and the sack, has big time range and athletic ability.

Nixon I like but need to see more of him, is an athletic penetrating DT no doubt.  

Ihmir Smith-Marsette made that awful play in the end zone to celebrate, but kid is a legit weapon and big time athlete and could be an interesting player come draft time.  Love his return skills and deep threat ability.  I guess that boot later in the game was just a precaution, hopefully because the boot makes it look like he shattered his ankle or broke something.  Still as a senior wanting to go out with a bang, just should have stuck the landing.

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Gholston had an awesome game and made a ton of plays, made Van Lanen look awful on that one sack.  Kid is a legit mid round draft pick and will be an NFL player.  Has progressed nicely this year for an impressive Iowa team, solid 4/3 DE prospect.  Nick Niemann I was impressed with as well at LB, smart player and good tackler.  Jack Campbell could be a future star for them, he made some massive plays in that game with the INT and the sack, has big time range and athletic ability.

Nixon I like but need to see more of him, is an athletic penetrating DT no doubt.  

Ihmir Smith-Marsette made that awful play in the end zone to celebrate, but kid is a legit weapon and big time athlete and could be an interesting player come draft time.  Love his return skills and deep threat ability.  I guess that boot later in the game was just a precaution, hopefully because the boot makes it look like he shattered his ankle or broke something.  Still as a senior wanting to go out with a bang, just should have stuck the landing.

Thank you for this. Haven't been paying attention to college ball at all. Seen they played well against the Badgers. 

On 12/13/2020 at 1:04 PM, ReadyToThump said:

Thank you for this. Haven't been paying attention to college ball at all. Seen they played well against the Badgers. 

Zach VanValkenburg has been probably the biggest surprise for them this season, legit pass rusher on the edge who might have a NFL future, former D2 player.  Sargent and Goodson are two tanks at running back and Goodson has great feet and both run with power and straight line speed.  Alaric Jackson has good ability as well, great size and good athlete just wish he was a little more physical, I was impressed with the other OT Kallenberger and how aggressive he played against Wisconsin but need to see more of him.

A defensive line not getting enough talk is Alabama.  They have legit players and some of the best young DTs in college football.

DJ Dale is easily one of the best SOPH DTs in the nation and right with him is Christian Barmore, a RS SOPH but could arguably be one of the best defensive tackles in this years draft if he comes out.  He can really crush the pocket and get good push, Dale is more consistent but Barmore has more upside because of his pass rush ability and ability to play DE in a 3/4.  Justin Eboigbe has flashed as well for Bama and Byron Young had a dominating game against Arkansas no question.  All of them are SOPH players and no team in the nation has that many quality young big defensive linemen.  Tim Smith has show a little bit also as a FR but I need to see more out of him.  Phidarian Mathis is a RS JR, not as talented as the rest but has had moments this season.  That group of SOPH players is as good as any in the nation though, so big boys who can move people and are a big part in that Bama defensive improvement.  

On 12/13/2020 at 7:45 AM, ReadyToThump said:

Thoughts on DL Chauncey Gholston and Dayvion Nixon?

I get tickled whenever I see one of my former players on forums. As far as my critique on him, he doesn't use his technique anywhere close to where he should. But he has such a moldable frame. At worst, he can be a starting base end, at best, he can develop into a really good starting DE with inside out versatility.