CW21's 2021 NFL Draft Thread (Initial QB Rankings)

CWood21

On 12/17/2020 at 1:24 PM, .Buzz said:

We just forgetting about Justin Fields here? All he's doing is riding on that supporting casts coattails. 

0*IPuQGCP98xTurmz8

I don't think the intention of this post was to be prescient, but yup 😂😂😂 (I don't actually believe that, this post is just hilarious given today's game)

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think the intention of this post was to be prescient, but yup 😂😂😂 (I don't actually believe that, this post is just hilarious given today's game)

You're not drafting Justin Fields for what he is today.  You're drafting for what he could be tomorrow.  I think Zach Wilson is probably more prepared to come in and play Day 1 as a rookie, but I don't think he's got quite the upside that Fields does.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pre-Draft Thoughts (4/22/21)

~ Jacksonville and NY Jets are taking Lawrence and Wilson respectively.  I think there's less than a 1% chance that anything happens other then that, which means the draft unofficially begins with San Francisco at 3.  They've consistently been linked to 3: Mac Jones, Justin Fields, and Trey Lance.  Personally, I'm of the belief that Mac Jones will likely be the pick, although I think Trey Lance has a LOT of supporters in that War Room.  I've never been a big believer that SF is going to want Justin Fields, and I think the NFL isn't as high on Field as draftniks are.

~ Atlanta is where the draft really begins.  They could take a QB, they could take a non-QB, or they could trade down.  I think they're interested in trading down, but they're going to want a pretty big package to do so.  The problem is outside of the teams drafting 15 or later, I don't see any team other than Denver with the motivation to move up.  I think they're looking for a haul from Denver specifically to move down.

~ My heart says Chase to the Bengals, but my brain says Sewell/Slater to the Bengals.  I think my heart is going to win out, and Joe Burrow will get his WR back.  I don't think Miami is really going to move back.  You don't pay a premium on a pre-draft deal to get back up because you don't know who will be available.  I think they'll be interested in a small trade-back (i.e. 2-3 spots), but they're not falling down the draft board.

~ I have literally no idea what Detroit is doing.  I think they're open for business, and a fair deal gets them down the board.  Carolina is going to take the best OL available IMO, and Dallas probably goes CB unless they move up for Pitts.

~ A few guys I think will surprise and go top 20 are: Christian Barmore, Greg Newsome, and Trevon Moehring. 

Someone who agrees with me on Trask/Mac. Both will be very low-level starters around the 24-32 range, and preferably quality backups. And I also have Trask slightly ahead of Mac Jones as well. Mac has got to be the most overrated overvalued product since... well... Daniel Jones lol. Had a 4th Round Grade on DJ and I wouldn’t be shocked if this is his last year starting on the Giants. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Someone who agrees with me on Trask/Mac. Both will be very low-level starters around the 24-32 range, and preferably quality backups. And I also have Trask slightly ahead of Mac Jones as well. Mac has got to be the most overrated overvalued product since... well... Daniel Jones lol. Had a 4th Round Grade on DJ and I wouldn’t be shocked if this is his last year starting on the Giants. 

They're interchangeable.  If you ask me tomorrow, I'd probably prefer Mac Jones.  I get the appeal of both players.  I think Trask is Mike Glennon all over again.  Maybe not quite the pure arm strength that Glennon has, but there's a lot of similarities there.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're interchangeable.  If you ask me tomorrow, I'd probably prefer Mac Jones.  I get the appeal of both players.  I think Trask is Mike Glennon all over again.  Maybe not quite the pure arm strength that Glennon has, but there's a lot of similarities there.

Yeah there neck and neck to me. Had someone ask me why on earth would I have Trask ahead of Mac, but it’s almost a tie for me. I just think Trask will be slightly better in the NFL. 

On 4/22/2021 at 9:56 AM, BayRaider said:

I am actually a Daniel Jones believer. The Giants have done a decent job of surrounding him with some talent assuming Barkley is healthy with the additions of Golloway and Rudolph. If they can bolster their OL in the draft they should be a pretty good offensive team.