Week 14 - GDT - Saints (10-2) @ Eagles (3-8-1)

Mid Iowa

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

2 missed is a loss. 1 lost is likely a tie. I feel for the guy, but this is unacceptable.

Lutz has a bad game next week, you gotta get a new kicker.  Can't go into the playoffs like this.  And that's crazy to say, because he was money for so long.

-Taysom and the offensive line played poorly.

-Lutz played bad.

-Defense started off slow and had poor discipline all game. 

-Terrible clock management.

We showed fight in the 2nd half after being down 17-0 at the half, so that was good to see. We just can't start that slow and expect to win.

Edited by JMG5

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Lutz has a bad game next week, you gotta get a new kicker.  Can't go into the playoffs like this.  And that's crazy to say, because he was money for so long.

He was so clutch for us previously. No idea what happened.

4 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I hope it’s the injury, but doesn’t sound too bad if he has no trouble getting distance.

I mean I've had injuries where I could still throw a baseball the same distance, I just would not be able to throw accurately as I would be having pain at certain points of the throw causing me to jerk a little.  Could be something similar who knows.

16 minutes ago, Raves said:

I mean I've had injuries where I could still throw a baseball the same distance, I just would not be able to throw accurately as I would be having pain at certain points of the throw causing me to jerk a little.  Could be something similar who knows.

I don't know, sounds more mental than anything he's suffering from physically. If his foot is hurt, he shouldn't be kicking off, especially deep.  That's a lot of impact to an injured foot.

Is it even his foot?  Thought I saw him holding his hamstring last week.  Whatever it is, if it's an injury causing his inconsistent kicking, which has been going on for a few games now, he needs to go to the 3 game IR and lets get someone else before Lutz hurts himself to the point he's gonna miss the playoffs.  

Confession time: I turned it off after the missed field goal so I didn't see the fumble and subsequent touchdown... This probably ends any chance we had at the first round bye, so at least I can stop worrying about that. Eagles came in with a great gameplan for their rookie so give them credit for that and I loved their 4th down decision making. We finally got to see what Hill looks like without much running game support... could have used more designed runs though.

Funny how everyone gets on Brees for checking down to Kamara non-stop and then Hill comes in and he doesn't check down nearly enough it seems

5 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Confession time: I turned it off after the missed field goal so I didn't see the fumble and subsequent touchdown... This probably ends any chance we had at the first round bye, so at least I can stop worrying about that. Eagles came in with a great gameplan for their rookie so give them credit for that and I loved their 4th down decision making. We finally got to see what Hill looks like without much running game support... could have used more designed runs though.

Funny how everyone gets on Brees for checking down to Kamara non-stop and then Hill comes in and he doesn't check down nearly enough it seems

It's about processing speed and what they think/know they can make happen.  Hill with his confidence in his legs is more willing to hold onto the ball and look to make a play happen than to take the quick checkdown while Brees know he's old as Noah's Ark will take the quick checkdown for a few yards rather than hope for the big play that might never show up.

• Like 1

This loss falls squarely on Sean Payton, and his forced passing game.

15 rushing attempts (between Kamara & Murray) and 38 passing attempts. That's a poor game plan. Kamara averaged 4.5yards per rush. That's great production.

So the pass wasn't working due to the Eagles pass rush. Payton forced it. The run was working, Payton abandoned it. Groundhog day.

3 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

This loss falls squarely on Sean Payton, and his forced passing game.

15 rushing attempts (between Kamara & Murray) and 38 passing attempts. That's a poor game plan. Kamara averaged 4.5yards per rush. That's great production.

So the pass wasn't working due to the Eagles pass rush. Payton forced it. The run was working, Payton abandoned it. Groundhog day.

It would be different if 10-13 of those pass attempts were our extended screens/LOS passes that we use as an extension of the run game but they weren't.

• Like 1