BDL 2020 Divisional Round - #8 New Orleans Jazz @ #1 Berlin Blitzkrieg

rackcs

#8 New Orleans Jazz @ #1 Berlin Blitzkrieg  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• New Orleans Jazz
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2020 at 05:01 AM

Both teams come Outfinned with solid plans but I really don't see either defense providing much resistance as they both have major flaws. New Orleans doesn't have much pass rush and the Berlin corner group outside fuller is just not good.  Both teams have some deficiencies on the offensive line with the Hopkins Kindley pairing being awful while Jawaan Taylor sux too.  

So it comes down to which team I think can get more consistent stops and I think that's new Orleans in an upset. 31-28

This was the toughest decision of the week for me.

First off, the continuity argument is bogus.

I see this being a pretty high scoring affair. New Orleans has the talent in their passing game to overcome the Berlin secondary and have a big day in the air. Berlin will get some pressure, but I do believe that sacks are influenced a lot by a QB, and Josh Allen is great at avoiding pressure. On the other side, I really like that Berlin took advantage of New Orleans' predictability with man-beating routes as a focus. I think both teams correctly identified a no huddle offense as a key.

I think I'm going to go New Orleans. In what looks to be a shootout game, I think the greater talent of New Orleans' WR/CB corps will make the big plays needed to break the stalemate.

Edited by Whicker

This was a tough matchup. I've gone back and forth multiple times now. I think New Orleans is the slightly more talented team overall but I don't think their gameplan was quite as good. It's close but I actually think the big edge to me is that New Orleans I think will have success against the Berlin secondary. I think this game ends up a bit of a shootout and I think New Orleans secondary is better equipped for that.

This is another awesome match up.  Allen has impressed me this year, he is real deal and has a bright future.  I think Berlin strategized well with their safeties, but I think they give up a long one to Hopkins.  Berlin will also have success stopping Gordon and Allen on the ground as I think that front is pretty disgusting.  Looking at the other side, Rodgers is going to have to carry the load as his supporting cast lacks an elite weapon and depleted interior O line.  I think Rodgers gets his, but Jones struggles to keep the chains moving.  To me, NO is the more balanced overall roster and some weakness on the O Line and in the secondary is the difference maker for me.  New Orleans.

The biggest difference here is Josh Allen has two highly reliable receivers that compensate for any mistakes he makes as a passer. Berlin has a good offense and an elite running game but when New Orleans has a healthy secondary, they can limit a lot of damage. While Berlin has steady young receivers, I do think the lack of a dominant presence makes it a little harder against a group that can play man coverage across the board on a continuous basis. This is a one score game and definitely something that could change on a weekly basis but I feel more comfortable with New Orleans offense making enough plays to earn the victory.

Just now, WFLukic said:

You too. Props to you on building a very strong team. Never easy to lose but isn't too bad when you know the opposition is top quality. Good luck next week bud.

I got real lucky in that DJ Moore went down this one week.  You have him or one of your young edge rushers and this probably turns out differently.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I got real lucky in that DJ Moore went down this one week.  You have him or one of your young edge rushers and this probably turns out differently.

Could say the same thing about you and OBJ earlier this season or even Linsley a few weeks back. Is what it is and that's why we build rosters not lineups. Plus given some of the misfortune you've had since the beginning of this league you're due a good break or two lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

Could say the same thing about you and OBJ earlier this season or even Linsley a few weeks back. Is what it is and that's why we build rosters not lineups. Plus given some of the misfortune you've had since the beginning of this league you're due a good break or two lol.

Very true.

Now go vote in the Cuba-Gotham matchup and let me know if I'm playing Cuba or IC next week.