Week 14 Post-game: NFC-N champs best NFC-N chumps

mikebpackfan

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I love that Gary and Savage got sacks in this game. 

Those two plus Alexander are the future of this defense.  With Z as their Gandalf. 

If Pettine is doing anything well, he's dialing up some great blitzes with Savage, using his speed to our advantage. Almost got there more than once

Edited by Gopackgonerd

13 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Agree it's mental, but if Rodgers and MLF aren't ready to give up on him,  he should move past the rough stretches with flying colors....

To further add, I don't remember another receiver on this team receiving the amount of scrutiny MVS has....I've been one of the few to stand back and not be quick to pass judgement....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I decided to skip football today after almost breaking my hand over the Gators choke against LSU. 

Was it as close as it looked?

Sorta, If they recovered a onside kick it would of been shakey, but Stafford got hurt and Chase Daniel came in only got em a field goal after a 75 yard kick return on the previous possession.

• Like 1

Just now, 40Year Pack Fan said:

To further add, I don't remember another receiver on this team receiving the amount of scrutiny MVS has....I've been one of the few to stand back and not be quick to pass judgement....

Yeah, I just don't get it. 

And the dude is a 5th round draft pick. 

In no world isn't he a massive hit. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Sorta, If they recovered a onside kick it would of been shakey, but Stafford got hurt and Chase Daniel came in only got em a field goal after a 75 yard kick return on the previous possession.

That isn't what happened.  Stafford quit like Jay Cutler and pouted on the sidelines, and the heroic Chase Daniel brought the score to one possession but, luckily for us, he never got the ball back.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Based on what I can tell, if we go 12-4 and the loss is to Tennessee, we would still land the #1 seed assuming NO loses to KC. Every scenario that I've come across on the ESPN playoff machine has the Packers winning the 3 way tie with 12-4 New Orleans and a 12-4 NFC West champ, regardless of whether it's LA or Seattle. Even if NO goes 11-5, we still win the tiebreaker over the 12-4 NFC West champ. Basically, we're in the driver seat, flat out, for the bye.

I have been trying to figure this out and it's definitely true if we end up in 12-4 3-way tie with the Saints and Seattle. 

When you have 3 teams in a tie, the tiebreakers are (1) head-to-head if total sweep by one team (which would not apply), (2) NFC record, (3) common games record, (4) SOV

If we lose to TN, our NFC record would be 10-2. Same as NO, but Seattle would be 9-3. As such, Seattle gets eliminated and then the head-to-head tiebreaker comes in and we beat NO. Game over. 

It's a different story with the Rams. If the Rams are the 12-4 team, all three teams finish 10-2 in the conference. As such, we get into a common games scenario and that's messy when you're talking about 3 teams. For instance, I'm assuming the games have to be common for all 3 teams right? I do know that if went to SOV, we'd get beat out by the Rams. 

Common games: (I think this is complete):

Bears: Packers 2-0 (bc we beat them Wk 17), Saints 1-0, Rams 1-0

Niners: Packers 1-0; Saints 1-0, Rams 0-2

Bucs: Packers 0-1; Saints 2-0; Rams 1-0

Eagles: Packers 1-0; Saints 0-1; Rams 1-0

Total: Packers 4-1, Saints 4-1, Rams 3-2

So perhaps (does this sound right?) -- This would eliminate the Rams and then revert back to the head-to-head tie-breaker and then we beat the Saints. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I have been trying to figure this out and it's definitely true if we end up in 12-4 3-way tie with the Saints and Seattle. 

When you have 3 teams in a tie, the tiebreakers are (1) head-to-head if total sweep by one team (which would not apply), (2) NFC record, (3) common games record, (4) SOV

If we lose to TN, our NFC record would be 10-2. Same as NO, but Seattle would be 9-3. As such, Seattle gets eliminated and then the head-to-head tiebreaker comes in and we beat NO. Game over. 

It's a different story with the Rams. If the Rams are the 12-4 team, all three teams finish 10-2 in the conference. As such, we get into a common games scenario and that's messy when you're talking about 3 teams. For instance, I'm assuming the games have to be common for all 3 teams right? I do know that if went to SOV, we'd get beat out by the Rams. 

Common games: (I think this is complete):

Bears: Packers 2-0 (bc we beat them Wk 17), Saints 1-0, Rams 1-0

Niners: Packers 1-0; Saints 1-0, Rams 0-2

Bucs: Packers 0-1; Saints 2-0; Rams 1-0

Eagles: Packers 1-0; Saints 0-1; Rams 1-0

Total: Packers 4-1, Saints 4-1, Rams 3-2

So perhaps (does this sound right?) -- This would eliminate the Rams and then revert back to the head-to-head tie-breaker and then we beat the Saints. 

Don't know. They don't break down the tiebreakers in the Playoff Machine. I just know that I kept messing with it trying to see a scenario where we go 12-4, with the loss being Tennessee, that we don't get the #1 seed with NO dropping their game to KC. Every time I switched something up, we stayed as the #1 seed. 

40 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

MVS's problems are 100% mental.  You saw it on that TD grab where he bobbled it.  He's afraid of the drops.  It's very similar to Davante's early seasons.  I promise you it is going to click for MVS and then it'll be like 1950's HUAC hearings around here.

Are you now or were you ever an MVS doubter? 

He's going to break out in a big way. 

I mean... The dude's got 600 yards and 5 touchdowns on 31 receptions, 59 targets.  That's 10 yards per target.  How me and like five other people here have faith in him is beyond me.

People still believed Jeff Janis was going to break out in his fourth year when he had 15 career regular season receptions and a single touchdown, so why the majority seem to have given up on MVS is beyond me. 

If he gets the confidence and starts coming down with catchable balls, Aaron's 2011 season will look like his 2014 season in comparison. 

I still believe in Jeff Janis to be honest

6 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

Who does the #1 seed play after wild card weekend? Lowest remaining seed?

yes lowest remaining seed.  Which means we would avoid the Saints and either Rams/Seahawks in our first game.  

Edited by KFP7