Week 14 Post-game: NFC-N champs best NFC-N chumps

mikebpackfan

This is pretty good production..............

Andy Herman -   MVS today:

1st & 10: 10-yard catch (1st down)
2nd & 9: 14-yard catch (Touchdown)
2nd & 8: 11-yard catch (1st down)
3rd & 7: Drew holding penalty (1st down)
2nd & 6: 14-yard catch (1st down)
3rd & 14: 21-yard catch (1st down)
1st & 10: 15-yard catch (1st down)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leader said:

please keep this up, MVS. 

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Really nice to see. Ain't going to lie, after being one of those guys ready to give up on MVS, he shut me up. I was really impressed with him, catches and blocking.

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Do you guys really think Stafford won't be in Detroit next season? They save some money, but still eat a 25 million dollar cap hit.  It might be cool to see him take over for Brees or Brady, or even go to the Pats, but that is a pretty hefty price for the Lions, who are probably too good to get into the QB sweepstakes and don't have a replacement already in house.  

That guy deserves a run. Maybe Pitt? I think Stafford is one of the more wasted talents of this generation. He may had CJ and Galladay is good, but that dude never had a running game, an offensive line or a D. I think he's one of the better QBs out there.

I am really shocked and disgusted on how nonchalant Pettine is on D. With the offense we have, we should not be okay with this bend but don't break mentality. Challenge the f****** offense to earn every yard, and if you get beat, you get beat. At least the offense comes out on the field. 

I DO NOT want to lose in the play-offs because our offense couldn't get on the field.  I would much rather lose in a shootout, with our best unit on the field than our defense letting up quarter consuming drives giving our offense next to nothing to work with. 

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

Him closing on his prey on that sack was a thing of beauty. Fought off the chip and the block, got around the corner and just went for it. I don’t know if he got dinged laying out for the sack but we was dominating that play. Get well soon, Rashan.

Yah.  He ran his same rush as usual.  Only the QB scrambled to buy time.  The absolute most impressive thing to me about that sack was how insanely fast Gary was once the QB scrambled to his left.  I'm not sure that even young Clay closed ground like that.  (He probably did.)  It really is starting to come together for Gary.

Peter Bukowski -    On the Lions scoring drive in the second quarter the Packers defense:

- Gave up 17 yards on 1st-and-15 (screen)
- Gave up 23 yards on 2nd-and-10 (screen)
- Gave up 10 yards on 1st-and-10 (screen on the very next play)

To 3 different RBs. Brutal.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

IDK how they can look at what Kirksey is doing on tape and just be like: "Yeah, let's stick with that". Then again, it is Pettine

I saw multiple comments online about Kirksey having to defend Amendola. Didnt see the plays, but can imagine the routes - and they might as well stuck Preston Smith on him. Amendola ain't what he used to be - but he can still make a guy like Kirksey eat his dust.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

I saw multiple comments online about Kirksey having to defend Amendola. Didnt see the plays, but can imagine the routes - and they might as well stuck Preston Smith on him. Amendola ain't what he used to be - but he can still make a guy like Kirksey eat his dust.

Kirksey gave up one big completion to Amendola where any decent ILB would have at least made the tackle upon the catch, which would have set up a 3rd down for Detroit. Instead, Kirksey was slow to react, missed the tackle and Amendola got YAC and the first down. 

That's been a common theme for our ILBs in coverage all year long. Teams torch us over the short/intermediate middle and have been for 10 years. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Kirksey gave up one big completion to Amendola where any decent ILB would have at least made the tackle upon the catch, which would have set up a 3rd down for Detroit. Instead, Kirksey was slow to react, missed the tackle and Amendola got YAC and the first down. 

That's been a common theme for our ILBs in coverage all year long. Teams torch us over the short/intermediate middle and have been for 10 years. 

It’s not good enough but I was happy to see us make some adjustments on the screen plays at the half. They had two in the second half that we shut down. Also, Amos bringing the wood and Jaire closing down a few routes over the middle was heartening. 

I watched the Buffalo D smother Pit yesterday. This year’s Steelers have been a maddening number of high completion short passes with a run or long ball sprinkled in. It was good to se a D who had the personnel and the game plan to shut down another team’s bread and butter. 

This week, if Chandon can’t go, we might see more Jaire in the slot and JJ outside. It will be interesting to see what our secondary looks like, esp if McCaffery is active.