Week 14 Post-game: NFC-N champs best NFC-N chumps

mikebpackfan

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

It’s not good enough but I was happy to see us make some adjustments on the screen plays at the half. They had two in the second half that we shut down. Also, Amos bringing the wood and Jaire closing down a few routes over the middle was heartening. 

I watched the Buffalo D smother Pit yesterday. This year’s Steelers have been a maddening number of high completion short passes with a run or long ball sprinkled in. It was good to se a D who had the personnel and the game plan to shut down another team’s bread and butter. 

This week, if Chandon can’t go, we might see more Jaire in the slot and JJ outside. It will be interesting to see what our secondary looks like, esp if McCaffery is active. 

Amos has been playing well. I'm all for giving Scott more reps now in place of Greene. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Yah.  He ran his same rush as usual.  Only the QB scrambled to buy time.  The absolute most impressive thing to me about that sack was how insanely fast Gary was once the QB scrambled to his left.  I'm not sure that even young Clay closed ground like that.  (He probably did.)  It really is starting to come together for Gary.

His “usual rush” is improving. I think he’s much more active with his hands this year and uses a little hesitation to set up his one on one’s. He’s not yet polished, and for a guy who turned 23 last week at a new position in the pros, that’s ok. A more diverse arsenal can be taught and developed, that closing speed at that size cannot. I’m excited for what we already have and what might happen over the next few years.  Stay healthy, young man.

19 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

To further add, I don't remember another receiver on this team receiving the amount of scrutiny MVS has....I've been one of the few to stand back and not be quick to pass judgement....

Adams caught a lot of hate his second season. Might not have been quite on par with MVS, but it was fairly ruthless in some spaces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Remember when James Jones had the yips that one year (2nd or 3rd)? He must've left 250 yds on the field. 

Jones couldn't catch the ball over his shoulder for some damn reason but he'd steal souls if you put the ball on his numbers or in front of him. Was quite the mystery.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Adams caught a lot of hate his second season. Might not have been quite on par with MVS, but it was fairly ruthless in some spaces.

At the end of the day, it won't make much difference...IF Rodgers and the Packers don't make a serious run at a SB this postseason, many will allude to the idea they didn't draft a number two receiver behind Devante Adams....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

At the end of the day, it won't make much difference...IF Rodgers and the Packers don't make a serious run at a SB this postseason, many will allude to the idea they didn't draft a number two receiver behind Devante Adams....

If you intentionally misspelled Davante, this is an incredible post. 

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

i didn't even know we had a daffney

Dominique Dion Dafney. D’Triple D (alliteration is advantageous). I saw 49 out there with a few lead blocks and mixing it up a bit in the wash.  We could use a guy with that skill set who can also catch. Remains to be seen if that’s him but he’s officially got his shot on the 53.