St. Louis Stallions - Expansion Mock (Starting in 2021)

jrry32

7 hours ago, sparky151 said:

For free agents, do you have to make a decision on them within a certain period of time? I'd think you should have to match a contract or not within 24 hours so you won't know if someone else will later sign cheap elsewhere. 

Also that trade for the first pick looks wildly unbalanced against Jacksonville. 

It's an honor system. I don't put a hard deadline on it because I have to wait until the terms of the contract are available. But I try to make a match decision ASAP. I believe all have been made within 24 hours or close to it.

Well, somebody said the opposite with regard to the Jacksonville trade lol. I don't see it as wildly unbalanced at all. Consider what Andrew Luck would have cost back in the day.

Edited by jrry32

Looking at your free agency list, there’s a handful of guys I’m surprised you turned down the opportunity to match on. Jarrad Davis, Solomon Thomas, and Desmond King all signed 1 year deals that were pretty cheap IRL. I figured that would be exactly what you were targeting, former 1st rounders with potential that you could take a shot on as you build up the rest of the roster. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, winitall said:

Looking at your free agency list, there’s a handful of guys I’m surprised you turned down the opportunity to match on. Jarrad Davis, Solomon Thomas, and Desmond King all signed 1 year deals that were pretty cheap IRL. I figured that would be exactly what you were targeting, former 1st rounders with potential that you could take a shot on as you build up the rest of the roster. 

It came down to money and other players I liked more. When I passed on King, I had some other guys higher on my list that were still unsigned. Same with Davis. With regard to Thomas, I considered signing both him and Jefferson, but I decided that I'd rather draft somebody to fill my final DL slot. So when I had to make a call on those two, I chose Jefferson because I was looking for a starter and felt Thomas, while having more upside, was a much bigger risk.

• 3 weeks later...

BREAKING: The Stallions and Ravens have agreed to a trade for LT Orlando Brown. Here are the details:

Ravens receive: Round 1 Pick #25, Round 4 Pick #2, Round 5 Pick #1, and the Stallions' 2022 5th (later of the two)

Stallions receive: LT Orlando Brown, Round 2 Pick #26, and the Ravens' 2022 6th

This deal is superior to the Chiefs' offer by about 70 points on the NFL Draft Trade Value Chart.

With the First Pick in the Second Round of the 2021 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Stallions select . . .

jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-nfl-draft-player

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame

With the Second Pick in the Second Round of the 2021 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Stallions select . . .

1173042322.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss*

* - I reserve the right to trade down from this pick if I like a trade an IRL team makes in the first few picks of the second round.