Guenther fired

beardown3231

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

13 games too late. 

We're pretty much out of the playoffs. Why wait for that to be the case?

How many more years Gruden got left?

with a competent defense I'd still take gruden on offense. like it or not, this is the most consistent our team has been on offense in a long time. 

firing for some unknown isn't going to help. we just need a solid defense/scheme. we have some talent there. littleton didn't turn to a dud overnight. 

Thank God he’s gone..... he was horrible.  Straight trash.  His scheme was so stale and out of date and he lacked the intelligence to adapt to the times.  The guy could be a good LBs coach again but that’s it.  I don’t think Marinelli is a long term answer, and in fact he better not be, but he’s good enough to carry us through the rest of the season as we cling onto a low percentage chance of making the playoffs.  But we need a young innovative defensive mind who can develop new schemes and coverages for the changing NFL.  You simply can’t use 10-15 year old schemes.  They’ve been figured out a long time ago and won’t work in today’s advance offensive age.  It’s like using a 15yr old Computer at work.

I don’t want another retread DC who failed somewhere else and will bring the same failed system here.

47 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who are good options out there for us to hire after the year?  I hope we get a young sharp mind and not some retread trash...

Let's be honest coaching for the Raiders in any fashion over the last 25 years has been a graveyard, so I am assuming it may be difficult to land top talent.

Lol you know its gonna be a gruden grinder..Raheem morris is my best guess. But some new young guy with some new innovative stuff aint gonna happen. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

And we drafted guys to fit his system 🤦🏽‍♂️Over other people 

We also signed a guy like Littleton who is out of position. Some of these guys are capable, they just need better direction.

Edited by RaiderX

This is way over due, but at least it happened finally. How can the player be held accountable when the DC repeatedly gets a pass? I just never understood that. Have little faith in Marinelli, but at least it should provide a little spark these next few weeks.  Here's to hoping we get a young innovative defensive mind, and not another retread.