NFC #1 Overall Seed Watch

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I know everyone is pissed right now, but its still alive as a possibility, obviously a slimmer chance but its there

The Packers would have to lose out, which you may say is unlikely, but did you see them on Saturday? Not impressive at all. While the two teams they are playing need wins. The Titans dont need it as much, but they are still fighting off the Colts for the division title, and if they get the win against the Packers, they can rest guys Week 17 to before the playoffs. And assuming the Bears take care of business against the Jags this coming week, they are still fighting for the final Wild Card in week 17 against the Packers.

And then all we would need is the Saints to lose one of their final 2, and with Michael Thomas out, they are a different offense. Not to mention that the Vikings still have the slimmest of Playoff hopes, so they too will be going all out against the Saints.

As I said, Slim chance, but still a chance right now

We're not getting the #1 seed, but if the Saints lose to the Vikings and we win out, we get the #2 seed. That's good enough for me.

36 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We're not getting the #1 seed, but if the Saints lose to the Vikings and we win out, we get the #2 seed. That's good enough for me.

Were not likely to get it, but weirder stuff has happened. Just sayin the possibility is still out there

• Like 1

Does anyone WANT the 5th seed as much as I do? I have no desire to play Tom Brady in round 1 with no home field advantage. I don't care about a division title. I want to advance. Bring on the NFC East. Let Seattle deal with Tom Brady and the best rush defense in the league. 

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Does anyone WANT the 5th seed as much as I do? I have no desire to play Tom Brady in round 1 with no home field advantage. I don't care about a division title. I want to advance. Bring on the NFC East. Let Seattle deal with Tom Brady and the best rush defense in the league. 

I want that but we don't control that's with the Jets loss. If we win out we win the division. If we win 1 game and go 10-6, Tampa take the 5 seed with wins over Detroit and Atlanta to close out the year. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I want that but we don't control that's with the Jets loss. If we win out we win the division. If we win 1 game and go 10-6, Tampa take the 5 seed with wins over Detroit and Atlanta to close out the year. 

Then we would get Seattle again in the 3 v.6 matchup? Sure works for me too lol Just not playoff Tom.

9 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Then we would get Seattle again in the 3 v.6 matchup? Sure works for me too lol Just not playoff Tom.

Yes. Tampa would get the 5 and Seattle the 6th. 

But agree on Tampa. Tampa and New Orleans are the 2 teams I'd prefer not to play due to their run defense and pass rush. I think Rams can beat anyone in the NFC but both of those teams could easily neutralize our running game. I'm not worried about playoff Tom. I'd trust our defense against any team besides the Chiefs. I worry about teams that can stop the run and get pressure on Goff with 4. 

Edited by LeotheLion
40 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'd rather win out and build positive momentum going into the playoffs. At the end of the day, we're going to have to beat great teams to win the Super Bowl. For all we know, Tampa Bay may end up with the #5 seed or we might end up with the #2 seed. Go out and win. Let the everything else sort itself out.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'd rather win out and build positive momentum going into the playoffs. At the end of the day, we're going to have to beat great teams to win the Super Bowl. For all we know, Tampa Bay may end up with the #5 seed or we might end up with the #2 seed. Go out and win. Let the everything else sort itself out.

Meh too simple for me. I'd rather rack my brain for the next 3 weeks over thinking everything 🧐

• Like 1