Week 14 GDT: Ravens @ Browns - MNF @ the Factory of Sadness

drd23

3 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I love Lamar man. I know he's not perfect. I know he has to improve as a passer.

But what we saw tonight? That's greatness.

We have a special opportunity with him. I will never stop being a broken record on this, we gotta do everything we can to build around him. Stop doing it halfway. Stop settling. Leave it all out there. We won't get another chance like this again. 

What a ******* game. What a team. What a quarterback. It's always gotta be the hard way. That's why we love them. 

Selfishly in a weird way, I love that he stuck it to the world on Monday night. All the trash talkers. They'll continue no doubt. This was a Jordan like "team on my back" performance and it couldn't happen to a better kid on Primetime. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Seeing Tucker close out this glorious game made me think of and have to dig up the greatest thread created in the history of football forums by our own @diamondbull424

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=491645

28 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Classic DB thread.

I still don’t think I hyped Tucker up. 😂

But after the ‘kickback’ from @AFlaccoSeagulls and @drd23 it certainly did inspire me to create that Justin Tucker sig for myself that I rocked for a long while- until of course, I made that Ray Lewis ‘last ride’ sig based on The Dark Knight theme (that I saw on someone’s shirt screen printed, someone was making money off my art and I got no contributions smh)- I had to make a sig to hype him up further and felt like I needed to call my shot with the kid, even if I wasn’t fully confident... just because of the pushback. I think that made me love Tucker more, like he was proving my thread relevant and aging it quite well. Who would’ve known he would age my thread better than my imagination could muster. 😂

Fast forward to the end of that year, he hits a clutch kick in the playoffs. Such a stud. Easily top 3 favorite Raven for me all time.

But yeah, how ironic was it that the FG he made in that practice was a 55 yarder and the clutch kick he made in this scenario was also a 55 yarder.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I love Lamar man. I know he's not perfect. I know he has to improve as a passer.

But what we saw tonight? That's greatness.

We have a special opportunity with him. I will never stop being a broken record on this, we gotta do everything we can to build around him. Stop doing it halfway. Stop settling. Leave it all out there. We won't get another chance like this again. 

What a ******* game. What a team. What a quarterback. It's always gotta be the hard way. This ******* team. I haven't been feelin it this year. I feel it now. 

Agreed. Lamar is the dude. Please lets get him some offensive firepower because he is unbelievable 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Agreed. Lamar is the dude. Please lets get him some offensive firepower because he is unbelievable 

I’m going to keep singing the praises for DeVonta Smith. I just look at our offense and his ability to play inside and outside and win in such a variety of ways, his clutch ability, his elite catch radius, his deceptive speed, his ability to gear down to properly meet the ball without giving anything away to defenders in tight coverage, his route running and route releases to beat man coverage, and then all that combined with his ability to attack the ball at the highest point to protect his QB on throws (whether he catches it or prevents the defense from doing so)... he’s the absolute perfect fit for what Lamar needs at WR IMO.

If he somehow falls within 10 picks of us, I’d give up a future 2nd and a day 2/3 pick in order to secure him. Better yet would be if EDC has the balls to allow him to fall and actually take him with our 1st round pick. But that’s hype for another thread I suppose.