Week 14 GDT: Ravens @ Browns - MNF @ the Factory of Sadness

drd23

15 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I was about to say. You've had this name forever. I popped in around that time too, maybe even 2005? I can't remember. Lol

Yea, I lurked for a while too. Got introduced to the forum by a member of the 49ers section who was a TA in one of my 'accelerant' classes(middle schoolers who get to take HS courses/..not that big of an achievement in Cali- trust me) 😆. I would always have Ray Lewis and Jon Beason(Was a fan of the Miami program) vs Patrick Willis arguments with him. He told me to lie about my age, figured there could be some creeps in here lol. I picked up the habit and would always tell people I was like 5-6 years older than I was in other places like PSN, XBOX live, etc. Worked because of my height and voice, but now as I actually approach my mid-late twenties...I just want to remain young forever. Getting old really does F'n suck. Threads like that just make me flash right back.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I made that Ray Lewis ‘last ride’ sig based on The Dark Knight theme (that I saw on someone’s shirt screen printed, someone was making money off my art and I got no contributions smh).

One of the most common forms of theft going on in the world right now. I've seen so many cases as well where one party will give permission off hand/nonchalantly to another party to use their art for an endeavor like that simply because they don't think there's any actual money to be made. Only to come back for blood when they find out there is. Boy do things get real ugly and.... litigious in those situations, quickly.

Honestly this game just felt like a loss, still have no idea how the team pulled this one through. It seemed like every bounce of the ball in the 1st half went Clevelands way. So many fumble opportunities that we couldn’t take advantage of. Even in the 2nd half their were some plays like the XP play where they somehow completed it after that deflection. Then for Lamar to be forced to leave the game for cramps, felt like the death knell.

You just don’t typically see a team get such ‘lucky’ brakes with turnovers (even considering the Bowser pick in the equation) and lose football games. The fact that Lamar somehow was able to pull this one out is insane to me. Him and Tucker. With the Browns it felt like their entire offense was balling out, whereas with our squad, while our RBs did very well and Andrews was a stud, it just felt like Lamar Jackson was carrying our squad tonight.

Quick Notes

• Much respect to the Browns team. They did their thing this game and really put it on our defense, worse than I’ve really seen in awhile.
  • The Ravens are now leading the Titans and Browns by 208 and 228 rushing yards, respectively. Strong chance to repeat as rushing champs.
  • Marlon Humphrey needs 3 fumbles in 3 games in order to pass Peanut Tillman and Osi Umenyora
  • Highly unlikely, but if the Ravens could average 247 rushing yards over their final 3 games, the Ravens would become the 1st rushing attack in NFL history to have back to back 3000 yard rushing performances.
  • Far more likely, The Ravens rushing attack if it averages 164 yards (163.667 technically) they would be become only the second team in NFL history to go b2b above 2750 yards, the other being the 84&85 Chicago Bears with Sweetness.
  • If Lamar Jackson averages 69 yds/game over the final 3 games, he’d be the first QB in NFL history to have back to back 1000 yd rushing seasons, strengthening his claim as the greatest rushing QB of all time after only 3 years in.
  • The OL certainly balled out pretty well tonight. They’ll need to continue to show up moving forward.
  • Myles Garrett is a beast, but kudos for the OL in keeping him from completely going off against the unit, this without Ronnie Stanley. Front office really will have to decide between Brown and Stanley at this point and Brown has been more versatile, a Ravens lifer, and more durable. He’s also already an offensive leader.
  • This win and that TD doesn’t excuse Hollywood’s hands coming up short lately, he needs to get back to the elite hands he displayed last season and as an NFL prospect. I have faith that with the correct #1 WR, Hollywood becomes a dominant #2, but that can’t happen if he continues to drop footballs.
  • Hopefully the next few weeks can allow Campbell and Jimmy to heal up wounds to get healthy, if we can make the playoffs, this defense would be far more dangerous with those guys healthy.
  • Wink deserves blame for not being able to do more with this defense, however I do give Wink credit for utilizing our pass rushers in their rotation probably the best I’ve seen all season. The team felt Bowser earned snaps over the last few weeks and didn’t bury him in the rotation and they benefited with a big momentum play.
  • Judon’s impact was definitely felt, absolutely not worth resigning him- unless its supremely below market value- but we’re definitely a better defense with him in there as long as he can eliminate the bone headed plays.
  • Ngakoue has really been SOOOO close all season long, just have a feeling he’s going to come through with a big play in the biggest of moments.
  • Also was impressed with the coaches decision to essentially bench Ingram throughout the game, what Dobbins and Gus were doing with carries just aren’t things Ingram can truly generate. He’s not washed, but he’s probably right there with Justice Hill now and I was impressed by the coaches to go with the winning rotation of RB talents vs forcing Ingram out of loyalty.
  • That game might be the 2nd wildest game I’ve ever enjoyed as a Ravens fan, behind only the 2012 game against the Broncos for the Mile High Miracle play and Tucker finishing it off in OT.
  • Like 2

Quintessential Lamar Jackson game yesterday. Very reminiscent of the Seattle game last  year. Unreal running, playmaking while still missing a couple throws, but that's his game right there.

PS: for the love of god, stop going into games with only 4 CBs.

Edited by M.10.E

I crap on him a lot so it's only fair to give credit when credit is due...Tyus Bowser INT was arguably the difference last night in a game where neither defense could seemingly get a stop. Good on ya Tyus

Defense couldn't hold the edge or rush the passer at the end of the game and he's a part of that obviously but today I'm being nice 😂

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I still don’t think I hyped Tucker up. 😂

But after the ‘kickback’ from @AFlaccoSeagulls and @drd23 it certainly did inspire me to create that Justin Tucker sig for myself that I rocked for a long while- until of course, I made that Ray Lewis ‘last ride’ sig based on The Dark Knight theme (that I saw on someone’s shirt screen printed, someone was making money off my art and I got no contributions smh)- I had to make a sig to hype him up further and felt like I needed to call my shot with the kid, even if I wasn’t fully confident... just because of the pushback. I think that made me love Tucker more, like he was proving my thread relevant and aging it quite well. Who would’ve known he would age my thread better than my imagination could muster. 😂

Fast forward to the end of that year, he hits a clutch kick in the playoffs. Such a stud. Easily top 3 favorite Raven for me all time.

But yeah, how ironic was it that the FG he made in that practice was a 55 yarder and the clutch kick he made in this scenario was also a 55 yarder.

I'm ashamed of myself reading through that thread.

"MY GOD MAN, YOU'RE DISPARAGING THE FUTURE GOAT, JUST STOP!!!!"

I just watched the highlights again and I just want to take a moment to appreciate the JKD 2-point conversion run where he was hit 2 yards short of the EZ but literally trucked the Browns guy so hard he injured him and then scored. What an effort.

Also dude, Trace with the throw to Snead was big-time to pick up that 1st down for us.

But also watching the highlights back, our coverage sucked. Like, really sucked.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just watched the highlights again and I just want to take a moment to appreciate the JKD 2-point conversion run where he was hit 2 yards short of the EZ but literally trucked the Browns guy so hard he injured him and then scored. What an effort.

Also dude, Trace with the throw to Snead was big-time to pick up that 1st down for us.

But also watching the highlights back, our coverage sucked. Like, really sucked.

MF JKD put this man in concussion protocol. damn

• Like 2