NFC Playoff Picture

incognito_man

54 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

They have a better point differential with their backup QB playing 1/3 of their games, and we're 17th in points allowed. That's not a ridiculous take. 

I guess but with Brees out they also just lost to a sub 500 team with their back up QB. With Brees out they have only beat denver with a WR at QB and the Falcons with a interim coach during that 1/3 

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

That's a worn out rationale for a cold city team wanting to get home field advantage...Remember the days when the Packers were unbeatable at Lambeau?

Not really, look at Rodgers record/performance in Dec at Lambeau. It doesn't mean you're going to win but it sure is an advantage unless you have an old Favre who wants no part of the cold like the visiting team.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Not really, look at Rodgers record/performance in Dec at Lambeau. It doesn't mean you're going to win but it sure is an advantage unless you have an old Favre who wants no part of the cold like the visiting team.

I think it's more counter effective against teams who rely on the twelfth man such as NO and Seattle...But since that is not applicable this season, it's just not that big of an issue....

If you don't think it's an advantage to get the LA Rams or either of the 40+ year old QBs into cold weather, I don't know what to tell ya. The lack of a crowd doesn't matter. Rodgers plays on another level in the cold and it would be a massive advantage for the Packers. Nothing guarantees a win but being in Lambeau in January definitely matters. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol no ****, sherlock. I'll never understand people that feel the need to point out simple stuff like that. 

Again, like I posted above....Many teams feel the need to get home field advantage as much for keeping from having to go somewhere else...Places like Seattle and New Orleans in their dome stadiums, generally are not conducive to visiting teams....But since fan participation is a non-issue, this is not the big deal it was in previous years...

Again, like I posted above....Many teams feel the need to get home field advantage as much for keeping from having to go somewhere else...Places like Seattle and New Orleans in their dome stadiums, generally are not conducive to visiting teams....But since fan participation is a non-issue, this is not the big deal it was in previous years...

Sure it is. You think Jared Goff, Tom Brady and Drew Brees want to come up to Green Bay and play in that weather over playing in Florida, a dome and LA? The elements matter more than the crowd.

Edited by beekay414

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If you don't think it's an advantage to get the LA Rams or either of the 40+ year old QBs into cold weather, I don't know what to tell ya. The lack of a crowd doesn't matter. Rodgers plays on another level in the cold and it would be a massive advantage for the Packers. Nothing guarantees a win but being in Lambeau in January definitely matters. 

Like it never got cold in New England....

You're comparing apples to oranges.
You're comparing crowds as home field advantage - other are referencing the elements.
Since crowds have been removed - across the board - GB *does* enjoy a home field advantage given the elements.

Just now, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Like it never got cold in New England....

And how many of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers players played in New England? It's a different type of cold in Lambeau than it is in Foxborough. Brady's also another year older and looked like trash in the cold last year. But, sure, HFA doesn't matter.