NFC Playoff Picture

incognito_man

25 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I'm picking and choosing like others are in this thread....AR has been successful lately in the playoffs at Lambeau, but has also has had a past history of being successful on the road in the playoffs....In 2010-11 he needed three road wins to get to the SB, and than win a road game at Dallas...

Understood and it's not a point of contention. I like that we have the elements going for us. Although I've never been there, I'm not that enamored by the Lambeau crowds being as big a home field advantage as some other venues. They're just not crazy enough and can be too quiet at times.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Understood and it's not a point of contention. I like that we have the elements going for us. Although I've never been there, I'm not that enamored by the Lambeau crowds being as big a home field advantage as some other venues. They're just not crazy enough and can be too quiet at times.

I was at the Seattle playoff game last season. While it still has a ways to go, I think the Flower and co have helped improve it some. It was a  bit more rowdy than I remember. I also drank a bunch of fireball to warm up so my impression could be impaired. 

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's a big open air stadium that they don't pump noise into. Thing was built way before architecture was worried about funneling sound. 

There are duds for sure who just sit quiet in the stands, but there's plenty of socially lubricated Packers fans that get loud in there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

The Packers haven't looked good this year coming out of bye week. Anybody else think #2 seed and keep them playing might be better?

You always take the bye if it presents itself. It's a free W and ticket into the divisional round, where now you are one game away from the NFCCG. You have to hope the team rises above any bye week rust, etc. and takes care of business. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a big open air stadium that they don't pump noise into. Thing was built way before architecture was worried about funneling sound. 

There are duds for sure who just sit quiet in the stands, but there's plenty of socially lubricated Packers fans that get loud in there.

Really hope we get some fans for the playoffs. I know were not going to get 50k, but it would be a real shame not to get 10k-15k people in there to at least create somewhat of a home atmosphere for a team with HFA for the first time since 2011. 

Edited by packfanfb

3 hours ago, Refugee said:

No doubt but settling for FGs was on MM. That Seattle D was nasty but after coming up short early, we went conservative. By no means do I want AR running for a bunch of first downs.  His injury slowed that down but we had other ways to move the chains. The whole game was a perfect storm of a collapse and I’m going right on back to not remembering that it ever happened. 

Everyone always talks about Bostick in this game, but if Burnett doesn't slide on that final interception then we are in field goal range and win.  

3 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Everyone always talks about Bostick in this game, but if Burnett doesn't slide on that final interception then we are in field goal range and win.  

One of the many things that had to collapse in the perfect storm.  When Peppers tells you to get down, you do it and I can understand the line of thinking but Morgan still had some easy uncontacted yards ahead.  Let's just drop this subject for today.  And every other day.

Just now, Refugee said:

One of the many things that had to collapse in the perfect storm.  When Peppers tells you to get down, you do it and I can understand the line of thinking but Morgan still had some easy uncontacted yards ahead.  Let's just drop this subject for today.  And every other day.

agreed on all of the above, especially the last part