NFC Playoff Picture

incognito_man

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

If GB wants to win the SB, this is something they should have no problem doing. Just no stupid mistakes/turnovers. Take care of business and get that 1st round bye

Yep. lets have one more game where the other team is in playoff mode before the bye

Best possible outcome in week 17:

Dolphins over Bills
Patriots over Jets
Ravens over Bengals
Steelers over Browns (So I can LOL at the Browns for losing to the Jets and then missing the playoffs)
Cowboys over Giants
Lions over Vikings (Lions currently have 7th overall, Vikings have 13th)
Falcons over Buccaneers
Titans over Texans
Colts over Jaguars
Raiders over Broncos
Chiefs over Chargers
Packers over Bears
Saints over Panthers
Rams over Cardinals
Seahawks over Niners
Eagles over Washington

That would make the playoff match ups as follows:

Chiefs
Colts(7) at Steelers(2)
Ravens(6) at Buffalo(3)
Dolphins(5) at Titans(4)

Packers
Bears(7) At Saints(2)
Buccaneers(6) at Seahawks(3)
Rams(5) at Cowboys(4)

This would be the perfect scenario because it would instantly eliminate one of our top 3 most dangerous opponents. 

The Saints, Buccaneers and Seahawks are our biggest NFC threats.  In that order.  That Buccaneers game got out of hand and is not an accurate reflection of how we match up with them. 

If this happened, we would want the Seahawks to win.  That way there would be no possible way we would play the Seahawks or Saints until the Championship round.  We would play either the Bears, Rams or Cowboys. 

In the AFC, the Steelers would beat the Colts.  The Bills would beat the Ravens.  The Titans would beat the Dolphins (or Dolphins over Titans)

Then, the Chiefs would have to play the Titans.  The Titans would beat the Chiefs in a stunning upset.  Then the Bills and Titans would play in the Championship game. 

The Bills and Titans are both teams we could beat in the Super Bowl. 

Packers would take care of business in the NFC.

Wait, the Bears would upset the Saints.
Packers would play the Bears a third time (which would make me nervous as ****).
The Seahawks would beat the Buccaneers.
The Rams beat the Cowboys easily, then beat the Seahawks.
Packers beat Bears, then they beat the Rams. 

We could win the Super Bowl. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Best possible outcome in week 17:

Dolphins over Bills
Patriots over Jets
Ravens over Bengals
Steelers over Browns (So I can LOL at the Browns for losing to the Jets and then missing the playoffs)
Cowboys over Giants
Lions over Vikings (Lions currently have 7th overall, Vikings have 13th)
Falcons over Buccaneers
Titans over Texans
Colts over Jaguars
Raiders over Broncos
Chiefs over Chargers
Packers over Bears
Saints over Panthers
Rams over Cardinals
Seahawks over Niners
Eagles over Washington

That would make the playoff match ups as follows:

Chiefs
Colts(7) at Steelers(2)
Ravens(6) at Buffalo(3)
Dolphins(5) at Titans(4)

Packers
Bears(7) At Saints(2)
Buccaneers(6) at Seahawks(3)
Rams(5) at Cowboys(4)

This would be the perfect scenario because it would instantly eliminate one of our top 3 most dangerous opponents. 

The Saints, Buccaneers and Seahawks are our biggest NFC threats.  In that order.  That Buccaneers game got out of hand and is not an accurate reflection of how we match up with them. 

If this happened, we would want the Seahawks to win.  That way there would be no possible way we would play the Seahawks or Saints until the Championship round.  We would play either the Bears, Rams or Cowboys. 

In the AFC, the Steelers would beat the Colts.  The Bills would beat the Ravens.  The Titans would beat the Dolphins (or Dolphins over Titans)

Then, the Chiefs would have to play the Titans.  The Titans would beat the Chiefs in a stunning upset.  Then the Bills and Titans would play in the Championship game. 

The Bills and Titans are both teams we could beat in the Super Bowl. 

Packers would take care of business in the NFC.

Wait, the Bears would upset the Saints.
Packers would play the Bears a third time (which would make me nervous as ****).
The Seahawks would beat the Buccaneers.
The Rams beat the Cowboys easily, then beat the Seahawks.
Packers beat Bears, then they beat the Rams. 

We could win the Super Bowl. 

You can dream, but more likely the Bucs beat the Falcons, Washington beats Philly, and with Goff's badly injured thumb the Cards may beat the Rams. I don't know how that would change the playoff scenario, but those outcomes seem more likely. Happy Holidays to you OP31.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

You can dream, but more likely the Bucs beat the Falcons, Washington beats Philly, and with Goff's badly injured thumb the Cards may beat the Rams. I don't know how that would change the playoff scenario, but those outcomes seem more likely. Happy Holidays to you OP31.

This wildcard weekend would have the chance for some upsets i think. 

1 GB

2 NO

3 SEA

4 WAS

5 TB

6 AZ

7 LA

WC: 
NO v LA = ??
Sea vs AZ = ??
WAS vs TB = ??

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

This wildcard weekend would have the chance for some upsets i think. 

1 GB

2 NO

3 SEA

4 WAS

5 TB

6 AZ

7 LA

WC: 
NO v LA = ??
Sea vs AZ = ??
WAS vs TB = ??

I've lost all faith in the Rams. Gotta like Seattle at home. The big question is Washington versus TB. In this scenario it looks likely GB will be playing the winner of that game. Not sure how I feel about facing Brady in the playoffs. He certainly knows how to play in the cold. Who would you prefer? Happy Holidays!

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I've lost all faith in the Rams. Gotta like Seattle at home. The big question is Washington versus TB. In this scenario it looks likely GB will be playing the winner of that game. Not sure how I feel about facing Brady in the playoffs. He certainly knows how to play in the cold. Who would you prefer? Happy Holidays!

TB matches up well with us as we have already seen but these are not the exact same teams from earlier in the season. Brady in the playoffs is something only a fool would take lightly but it would be so sweet to crush him and that team at Lambeau. If he takes an embarrassing L to the NFCE, so be it, but I hope we get him and the glory that comes with beating his team. 

Edited by Refugee

Well, the old man will play for TB today. I hope he has to work a bit but the Falcons without Julio might get washed out early. 

Next year we’ll travel to NO and might see Was or Dal in Lambeau. I really don’t think the Boys can pull it off but MM returning to GB would add some spice to the rivalry next year. 

35 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Well, the old man will play for TB today. I hope he has to work a bit but the Falcons without Julio might get washed out early. Next year we’ll travel to NO and might see Was or Dal in Lambeau. I really don’t think the Boys can pull it off but MM returning to GB would add some spice to the rivalry next year. 

When the radio alarm clocks went off in the ATL players bedrooms this morning, each heard this........

All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye........