My 5 Takeaways From Jets vs Seahawks

rdelaney89

For those who don't want to watch:

5) Jamal Adams - First pass of game was in front of Jamal(niiiice), drops INT, beats chest about causing a fumble he didn't actually cause, gets record setting "sack" on Sam by Sam running out of bounds

4) Marcus Maye - Wild INT, hope we can retain him

3) Scored on opening drive 7 straight games, it's the other drives that are giving us problems

2) Sergio Castillo - 3 missed field goals, you are filling Gregg Williams role perfectly, but please don't come back next year.

1) Sam Darnold - 14/26 132 yards 0 TD 0 INTs. Very deceptive stat, Sam should have had 3 INTs all dropped by Seattle.

Edited by rdelaney89

Yeah Sam was down right terrible as he has been in almost every game this season. He doesn’t process information fast enough to ever be a star in this league. Maybe he becomes a solid game manager, but he’s never going to be a top 10 QB. I made a point in the other thread but he reminds me way too much of Blake Bortles. 

• Like 2

From a fans perspective, it is his inconsistency that is most frustrating. He can show glimpses and good play followed by horrible and stupid play. All on the same drive!  If he was able to reduce his poor play and poor decision making over the course of three years, we would not even be talking about the draft as much.  We would be talking about how we could be a contender in 2021  

If he were to show this type of horrible play after he came back from mono last year, we would still be in the same boat but I think the few supporters Sam has would have been silenced. We would ALL agree he sucks.  It could also have been a possibility that we would have traded up for Tua or Herbert, but I do not believe JD is that impulsive.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah Sam was down right terrible as he has been in almost every game this season. He doesn’t process information fast enough to ever be a star in this league. Maybe he becomes a solid game manager, but he’s never going to be a top 10 QB. I made a point in the other thread but he reminds me way too much of Blake Bortles. 

After yesterdays game Darnold punch his out of town ticket. No way will the Jets give him extension contract, after the year he had. He probably is the worst move the Jets ever made having the six overall pick in the draft trading two second round picks to move up three spots to draft Darnold, some will say it was letting John Riggens, walk, but what is the difference they both were terrible moves.

19 hours ago, doumeyer said:

After yesterdays game Darnold punch his out of town ticket. No way will the Jets give him extension contract, after the year he had. He probably is the worst move the Jets ever made having the six overall pick in the draft trading two second round picks to move up three spots to draft Darnold, some will say it was letting John Riggens, walk, but what is the difference they both were terrible moves.

the worst ever? You can't be serious. 

• Like 1

Agree with you on pretty much every point.

5. Adams made himself my most hated player with the his antics and all. So to see him not have the incredible game against the worst offense in the league made me happy. Still wish Becton would've put him on his butt a few times. But he didn't.

4. I actually thought Maye didn't have a good game. He more so had a great play. But I do agree that we should retain him.

3. I believe this streak comes to an end this week going against the NFL's best defense.

2. He gone

1. Further shows he is done here. IMO doesn't matter if we are 1 or 2 now we are moving on from him with TLaw or Fields. Bad part for us... is he's killing his trade value each week. When this is said and done... we might be lucky to get a early 3rd at best for him... and that's optimistic. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Trading away BB and injuring Bledsoe to get Brady in the game and kickoff his career.

BB wasn't traded away. He resigned and then signed with the Patriots. The Pats were then forced by the league to give a first to the Jets because it was determined they had convinced Bill to leave the Jets and go to New England while he was still under contract with the Jets.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

BB wasn't traded away. He resigned and then signed with the Patriots. The Pats were then forced by the league to give a first to the Jets because it was determined they had convinced Bill to leave the Jets and go to New England while he was still under contract with the Jets.

Eh, BB would've stayed if the Jets FO didn't shaft him and basically say that he's only a HC in name.

BB didn't like new ownership so he resigned.  Patriots had to trade high picks to Jets so BB could become their HC right away.  The commissioner didn't grant BB to interview with other 31 teams until next year. Hence, the trade happened. 

Passing on Dan Marino was the worst movement ever.   Marino fell all the way to Dolphins the run oriented team. Don Shula changed the offense philosophy to suit Marino.  Dunno if Joe Walton could do the same thing to Marino but Kevin O'Brien wasn't a bad passer so I could see Marino naturally doubled that.