Chase Young defensive player of the week

offbyone

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Somehow that feels like it’s understating how well he played. He was absolutely unbelievable. 

Yeah. It's the "don't go by the stat line" argument but running in the other direction than it usually takes. He took that game over. He is as advertised

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Haasan Reddick had five sacks, two TFL and six QB hits.  Sadly I think he's got Young beat here.  

It's too bad that they are both in the same conference. They both should get the nods for their play this week. But yes, Reddick is probably going to get the nod over Young.

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

who cares abouy awards this isnt madden

we need to focus as fans on smith and gibson being healthy if we want to make a run

mclauren might be nicked up too

None of us are trainers. How shall we "focus" (as fans) on them being healthy? We can't do anything about them being healthy. We can only hope they get healthy. Just like we can't do anything about awards, we can only hope that our players are recognized for their efforts.

It's what this site was built to do. Talk about the team and the players on it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

None of us are trainers. How shall we "focus" (as fans) on them being healthy? We can't do anything about them being healthy. We can only hope they get healthy. Just like we can't do anything about awards, we can only hope that our players are recognized for their efforts.

It's what this site was built to do. Talk about the team and the players on it.

yes but I find the obsession with nick names and awards cheesy...and wanting to be the main topic on espn or skip & shannon

call me a grinch rather keep a low profile and sneak up on suckers

im worried mostly about gibson and smith

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

yes but I find the obsession with nick names and awards cheesy...and wanting to be the main topic on espn or skip & shannon

call me a grinch rather keep a low profile and sneak up on suckers

im worried mostly about gibson and smith

We can walk and chew gum at the same time. It’s possible to think Chase should get DPOW and at the same time try to find out if Alex can play next week and Gibson which, we won’t know until tomorrow or really Friday anyway.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Chase’s main competition for Defensive Player of the Week is his own rookie teammate Kam Curl:

7 tackles, 2 passes defensed and a 76-yard interception return for a TD

Just as an aside, that dude is the worst lol. He steals all his content and posts it like it’s his original stuff. I had to block him when I had Twitter after he stole one of my posts word for word. 

With that said, Curl is unbelievable. Which leads me to what we do with Collins? You can’t push Curl back to nickel and Collins isn’t a free so maybe Curl slides over to free? I’m not as down on Collins as most are I just think he was having a rough season adjusting to the scheme as most of the guys were to start the season. I’m not sure Curl would do well at free though. It’s a good problem to have but you Curl needs to be on the field all game. 

I want to give an honorable mention to someone that hasn't received enough credit.

DaRon Payne was an animal out there yesterday. 5 tackles, 1 Sack, 1 Pass Batted, 1 FF and 1 FR. It was his hit that led to Chase Youngs scoop and score and he recovered Chase Youngs FF. 

IMO this game was his coming out game and he showed how dominant he can be.

• Like 2