Indians to drop nickname

40Year Pack Fan

4 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

If changing the name of a mascot will have a profound effect on society and how people treat one another, than I applaud it...Unfortunately in a world that has far more pressing concerns, it will solve very little if any thing...People have discussed the woes caused by using a race of people as a mascot, but have yet to make one argument as to how and which things are going to improve....

Dude, it’s a baseball team, not a recipient of the Nobel Prize. It doesn’t need to change the world to be justifiable. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

You want pizzazz and City history? The Cleveland Flaming Rivers. 

I made this joke to my dad, who is from Cleveland. I said the River Fires, but more or less the same. Even made the corny tagline, "We are so hot we can set water on fire" BOOM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Dude, it’s a baseball team, not a recipient of the Nobel Prize. It doesn’t need to change the world to be justifiable. 

You're talking to a guy who's idea of persuasive discourse is, "my dad didn't mind it", and "I talked to this girl from New Zealand this one time" ( which somehow makes him more knowledgeable on the relationship between Aussies and New Zealanders than an actual Aussie). You may want to just let that one go. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

You're talking to a guy who's idea of persuasive discourse is, "my dad didn't mind it", and "I talked to this girl from New Zealand this one time" ( which somehow makes him more knowledgeable on the relationship between Aussies and New Zealanders than an actual Aussie). You may want to just let that one go. 

Your right, my bad...Historically neighboring countries get along real well with one another...Like the British and the Irish...Not to mention innocent "rivalry" in Europe called the first and second world war....

25 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Your right, my bad...Historically neighboring countries get along real well with one another...Like the British and the Irish...Not to mention innocent "rivalry" in Europe called the first and second world war....

Sorry for the confusion....I should have been more specific last time, that's my bad. The conversation between you and I is finished...in perpetuity. I know everything I need to know, you don't have to reinforce it. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, I do appreciate you for it, and for sharing your opinions. It's never easy, particularly online, and I commend you for standing by them regardless of the responses. I just wanted to take a moment to advise my friend pwny against an endeavor that I believe may prove fruitless. 

• Like 3

On 12/17/2020 at 2:46 PM, pf9 said:

I believe the Atlanta Braves should also change their name, like Cleveland, renaming themselves after a former hockey team, this time the former NHL team the Thrashers. The Thrashers look would be acquired by the team and used almost verbatim. One major difference is that the hockey stick of the original Thrashers logo is changed to a baseball bat.

As a person who still owns an Ilya Kovalchuk powder blue Thrashers jersey, I fully support this one. Loved the thrashers unis. 

Thrashers also fits the theme of Atlanta's other big 4 teams (Falcons and Hawks)

My proposal to realign MLB's soon-to-be 32 teams involves moving Atlanta to the new Continental League, and with the name change to Thrashers, the move to the CL would be keeping with cutting ties to the past and having the Braves name be solely an element of NL history. Of course this proposal is a modified version of another I saw on another website.

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Not to mention the neighboring European settlers and native Americans  

Clearly this baseball team name representative of a misnomer is meant to cherish that wonderful friendship between them 

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sorry for the confusion....I should have been more specific last time, that's my bad. The conversation between you and I is finished...in perpetuity. I know everything I need to know, you don't have to reinforce it. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, I do appreciate you for it, and for sharing your opinions. It's never easy, particularly online, and I commend you for standing by them regardless of the responses. I just wanted to take a moment to advise my friend pwny against an endeavor that I believe may prove fruitless. 

Rivalry is just a euphemism for dislike....Has a nicer tone...Being a Packer fan, I'm a rival to the Bears, Vikings, and Lions.....And yes I do dislike them....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan