Week 15: VIKINGS (6-7) vs. Bears (6-7)

swede700

Game 14

When: 1:00 PM EST December 20th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Chris Myers, Greg Jennings, Brock Huard, Jen Hale

Coverage Map: https://506sports.com/2020/15-FOX.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Bears - Questionable: TE Jimmy Graham (hip), LB Khalil Mack (shoulder), LB James Vaughters (knee), DB Deon Bush (foot), DB Jaylon Johnson (shoulder), Doubtful: None, Out: DB Buster Skrine (concussion)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

I am officially worried about this game.  Trubisky, for a Bears quarterback, played pretty well last week.  Allen Robinson is an underrated WR.  In almost any  other offense, he'd be a star, and he has a a slight size advantage on Dantzler, and is much stronger going after contested catches.  The Bears d-line is still one of the best and they still get pressure coming up the middle.  The interior offensive linemen for the Vikings will have their hands full with Edwards and Nichols, and the ends and linebackers protect the edge very well.  If given time, Cousins and the receivers should be able to exploit the Bears secondary.  But getting pressure in his face has been the way good defenses have been able to rattle Cousins.

4 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I am officially worried about this game.  Trubisky, for a Bears quarterback, played pretty well last week.  Allen Robinson is an underrated WR.  In almost any  other offense, he'd be a star, and he has a a slight size advantage on Dantzler, and is much stronger going after contested catches.  The Bears d-line is still one of the best and they still get pressure coming up the middle.  The interior offensive linemen for the Vikings will have their hands full with Edwards and Nichols, and the ends and linebackers protect the edge very well.  If given time, Cousins and the receivers should be able to exploit the Bears secondary.  But getting pressure in his face has been the way good defenses have been able to rattle Cousins.

Don't worry, Mitch used up his one good performance last week against what has been a horrible Houston defense all year long.  The key will always be how the Vikings' offense will do against the Bears defense.  Mitch and the Bears offense won't be a factor.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think Montgomery could be a problem for us.

While Montgomery has certainly played better the last 3 weeks, it's no coincidence that it's been against 3 teams (GB, Det, Hou) with worse rush defenses than the Vikings do.  I don't see him being a significant factor.

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

While Montgomery has certainly played better the last 3 weeks, it's no coincidence that it's been against 3 teams (GB, Det, Hou) with worse rush defenses than the Vikings do.  I don't see him being a significant factor.

You also said it wasn't a revenge game for Patterson and he certainly played with that kind of attitude against us.

We are 6-7 for a reason, and the run defense plays a factor in that. I think he's going to be their biggest threat this game alongside Allen Robinson.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You also said it wasn't a revenge game for Patterson and he certainly played with that kind of attitude against us.

apparently you forgot you made that claim earlier in the year and then retracted your stance by posting quotes from Patterson saying it wasn't true, it was just another game...

READ! your own posts even. lol.

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

apparently you forgot you made that claim earlier in the year and then retracted your stance by posting quotes from Patterson saying it wasn't true, it was just another game...

Yes...and as far as I was concerned, he played with no "attitude."  I'm not sure what Steve was watching.  He certainly had a good game, but there was no "edge" to him.  He played just like he's always played.  

14 hours ago, vike daddy said:

I was making a light joke, VD. 

However, the effort and energy I saw from him was different. Maybe he was lying lol. Coach talk/player talk is common. 

I saw an edge to him that game. Disaacs and anyone else is free to disagree to that.

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I was making a light joke, VD. 

However, the effort and energy I saw from him was different. Maybe he was lying lol. Coach talk/player talk is common. 

I saw an edge to him that game. Disaacs and anyone else is free to disagree to that.

Which is certainly fine.  You saw something I didn't.  I think he's always played hard, just hasn't always been effective when doing so, especially on offense.  And at least, when he splits out into receiver, he still hasn't significantly improved his route running, which is what Zimmer always wanted him to do.  

• Like 1