Jump to content

Playoffs? Playoffs!?


Recommended Posts

I understand I'm in the minority here, but I want to win out and make the playoffs. 

I think we are a more talented team than we have shown all season, and I think Nagy has realized his stubbornness with this offense has cost us games. 

We have a formula that works, let's continue to build on this and see if we can make some noise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless GB sits their starters they'll maul us. If they want a potential easier win in the postseason they might actually sit (like Chicago could have done in 2018, but ended up letting PHI into the post-season to beat them).

 

Just put this team out of its misery already. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Unless GB sits their starters they'll maul us. If they want a potential easier win in the postseason they might actually sit (like Chicago could have done in 2018, but ended up letting PHI into the post-season to beat them).

 

Just put this team out of its misery already. lol

If GB clinches the #1 seed this next week...which is very possible ..then they won't need to play for anything other than pride in week 17.

Either way I'm not really worried what happens with them.

If Bears are going to be worthy of making playoffs this season then they should beat their opponents regardless of whether or not they have anything to play for..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything can happen once you're in.   If you don't believe in the universe generating infinite beauty and variety all I have to say to you is this:  Jets over Rams.

Seems pretty clear the Bears won't be in the running for a coveted QB, lets get in and see what happens! 

Vikings game was a ton of fun.  I don't think Mitch is the answer, and if you want to talk about re-signing him lets all go jump in a ravine instead, but I'm on board to get into the playoffs and see what's up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

What's the best-case scenario here? Make the playoffs to get embarrassed by the Saints?

We almost beat the Saints with Foles starting...I think they are very beatable but I get that you think it's pointless for this team to make the playoffs.

I'll still take a playoff berth over another 8-8/9-7 year with no playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

We almost beat the Saints with Foles starting...I think they are very beatable but I get that you think it's pointless for this team to make the playoffs.

I'll still take a playoff berth over another 8-8/9-7 year with no playoffs.

I would rather the draft spot. 3-4 spots can make a huge difference.

I don’t see the game being as close in New Orleans with how the Bears have been playing defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Idc at this point. During our losing streak I just wanted to lose out but the bears are absolutely incapable of not going 8-8+ so the trajectory of the rest of the season is no surprise. Losing out fires Nagy and gives us a higher draft pick. Winning out maybe puts us in the playoffs and maybe it all comes together and Eddie Goldman stops being a p***y

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Idc at this point. During our losing streak I just wanted to lose out but the bears are absolutely incapable of not going 8-8+ so the trajectory of the rest of the season is no surprise. Losing out fires Nagy and gives us a higher draft pick. Winning out maybe puts us in the playoffs and maybe it all comes together and Eddie Goldman stops being a p***y

I still believe that in order for people to save jobs they will need to win both games, whether that's enough to get them in. 

If they lose to a struggling Jacksonville team that clearly has nothing left to play for then that would be a very bad look for this regime.

And losing to GB twice in the same season, especially when playoff implications are on the line would be the nail in the coffin I think.  Bears ownership hates nothing more than losing to the Packers.

And yes I am aware the team hasn't given up and is looking a lot better the past couple weeks along with a rejuvenated Mitch and run game, however despite all that it still won't excuse the fact that Nagy coached this team to 6 straight losses after staring 5-1.  The stats on teams that start the season with that record and fail to make the playoffs is astoundingly low.  It would just be further indictment on Nagy.

Bottom line is there are still a lot of things that can go wrong in the last couple weeks of the season.  Currently the odds are against this team so let's all slow down the talk of people having earned the right to come back next season.

Edited by topwop1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2020 at 8:31 AM, G08 said:

I think we are a more talented team than we have shown all season, and I think Nagy has realized his stubbornness with this offense has cost us games. 

Really? I think Nagy was ordered by Pace to give up his play-calling role. About a season too late, really, but I'll take whatever we can get at this point...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Really? I think Nagy was ordered by Pace to give up his play-calling role. About a season too late, really, but I'll take whatever we can get at this point...

He very well may have, but I think watching Foles fail to the point of getting benched made him realize his crap isn't working.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...