Jump to content

Playoffs? Playoffs!?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Did they say they were going flex the game, or is that just your prediction?  I haven't checked. 

I'm torn between whether I would like to see the Packers game first and watch us lose and then biting my nails for the Rams to beat the cards in hopes of keeping the season alive.  Or beat the hell out of the Packers at home and not have to care about the Rams game.

Nevermind..........I just answered my own question. 

It's been officially flexed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think there is still a very small possibility of the Pack getting #1 before KO with a Saints loss to the Falcons, but I wouldnt hold my breath.  

Right now there's a 3 way battle for #1 seed. GB, SEA, and NO.

If the packers beat us they get #1 no matter what based on record--- then we would need the Cards to lose to get into the playoffs.

If we beat the Packers and the Saints beat the Panthers then the Saints get #1 no matter what. 

If we beat the Packers AND the Saints lose AND the Hawks beat the 49ers then the Hawks get #1. 

If we lose and the Cards beat the Rams then we are out of the playoffs. If we win then the Cards game doesn't matter.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Right now there's a 3 way battle for #1 seed. GB, SEA, and NO.

If the packers beat us they get #1 no matter what based on record--- then we would need the Cards to lose to get into the playoffs.

If we beat the Packers and the Saints beat the Panthers then the Saints get #1 no matter what. 

If we beat the Packers AND the Saints lose AND the Hawks beat the 49ers then the Hawks get #1. 

If we lose and the Cards beat the Rams then we are out of the playoffs. If we win then the Cards game doesn't matter.  

 

I thought the Seahawks needed a 3 way tie for tiebreakers.  If the Saints lose the Hawks lose the tiebreaker to the Packers. At least that's what I thought, I could be wrong though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I thought the Seahawks needed a 3 way tie for tiebreakers.  If the Saints lose the Hawks lose the tiebreaker to the Packers. At least that's what I thought, I could be wrong though.

Nah, the Hawks are still in it.  If the Saints and Packers both lose and the Seahawks beat the 49ers then they get the #1 seed. 

If the Saints and Packers lose then the Hawks and Packers would both be 12-4 while the Saints would be 11-5, which eliminates the Saints from #1.  Leaving only the Hawks and Packers fighting for #1,  and the Hawks hold the tiebreaker over the Packers based on common opponent records (MIN, ATL, SF, PHI).  The  Seahawks are 5-0 against those teams while the Packers are 4-1. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We are likely losing to the Packers unless they have nothing till play for.

Which means our playoff hopes come down to the Rams backup QB who has never throw a pass in the NFL.

How many games did we waste with Foles?

Too many.  Mitch was benched too soon. I understood the idea, from Nagy's standpoint,  but I didn't agree with it because Foles was fools gold before AND when he got here. 

Foles should have only started later in the season IF our season was hanging on a by a small thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Too many.  Mitch was benched too soon. I understood the idea, from Nagy's standpoint,  but I didn't agree with it because Foles was fools gold before AND when he got here. 

Foles should have only started later in the season IF our season was hanging on a by a small thread.

Yeah I'm not buying the benching changed Tru line that Nagy has been trying to spin for damage control.  I dont think its Mitch who changed, I think it was Nagy finally being humbled and deciding to coach the guys on the team and not the ones he wished he had.  Mitch probably saved those dudes jobs by making everyone else better.  He makes the OL better, he makes the RB better, he makes the WRs better, he makes the TEs better.  

I like Matt Nagy, I like the be you attitude.  But if the Bears miss the playoffs, he deserves to be the fall guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We are likely losing to the Packers unless they have nothing till play for.

Which means our playoff hopes come down to the Rams backup QB who has never throw a pass in the NFL.

How many games did we waste with Foles?

In that scenario it will actually come down to McVey being able to outcoached Kingsbury, I kinda like those odds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah I'm not buying the benching changed Tru line that Nagy has been trying to spin for damage control.  I dont think its Mitch who changed, I think it was Nagy finally being humbled and deciding to coach the guys on the team and not the ones he wished he had.  Mitch probably saved those dudes jobs by making everyone else better.  He makes the OL better, he makes the RB better, he makes the WRs better, he makes the TEs better.  

I like Matt Nagy, I like the be you attitude.  But if the Bears miss the playoffs, he deserves to be the fall guy.

I do agree that it has been Nagy realizing his mistakes, and that his offense is better suited for a player like Mitch, and that he thought too highly of Foles from the time spent with him before.

However,  I don't think benching Mitch was just damaged control either. Nagy took on the job knowing Mitch's faults and he thought he could fix them, and he tried too, several times. But you can't always fix what is already broken.

Nagy coddled him at first (2018)  thinking it would better ease him into the game since he hadn't had much experience as a starter in College,  and when that wasn't working since Mitch was making the same mistakes (mentally and physically in mid-2019),  Nagy tried again to change his play-calling to adapt to Mitch's flaws by limiting it and that still didn't work either. So then Nagy finally gave up and basically said to Mitch...."here is the offense that I WANT to run and if you can't run it then I don't know what else to do". 

That didn't work out either so Nagy went to Pace and said "I like Foles as a backup just in case Mitch doesn't workout because I don't have much faith in him anymore'.  So Pace signs Foles and he we are.

 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I do agree that it has been Nagy realizing his mistakes, and that his offense is better suited for a player like Mitch, and that he thought too highly of Foles from the time spent with him before.

However,  I don't think benching Mitch was just damaged control either. Nagy took on the job knowing Mitch's faults and he thought he could fix them, and he tried too, several times. But you can't always fix what is already broken.

Nagy coddled him at first (2018)  thinking it would better ease him into the game since he hadn't had much experience as a starter in College,  and when that wasn't working since Mitch was making the same mistakes (mentally and physically in mid-2019),  Nagy tried again to change his play-calling to adapt to Mitch's flaws by limiting it and that still didn't work either. So then Nagy finally gave up and basically said to Mitch...."here is the offense that I WANT to run and if you can't run it then I don't know what else to do". 

That didn't work out either so Nagy went to Pace and said "I like Foles as a backup just in case Mitch doesn't workout because I don't have much faith in him anymore'.  So Pace signs Foles and he we are.

 

I cant really see anytime in 2019 where Nagy coached to Mitch's strengths.  2019 was all about Nagy trying to prove he could coach offense the way he wanted to.  Or do I have to remind you about the insistence in throwing into dime coverage against soft boxes.  About 51 pass attempts against GB in a game that you never trailed by more than a TD.  And honestly if I'm Ryan Pace, Im a little pissed at Nagy for this season.  You tell me you have all the talent you need, then why the hell did we lose 6 in a row.  

I will give Nagy credit for keeping the team together through all of that, but he gets no pass for the lack offense for 2 years before he decides to change himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I cant really see anytime in 2019 where Nagy coached to Mitch's strengths.  2019 was all about Nagy trying to prove he could coach offense the way he wanted to.  Or do I have to remind you about the insistence in throwing into dime coverage against soft boxes.  About 51 pass attempts against GB in a game that you never trailed by more than a TD.  And honestly if I'm Ryan Pace, Im a little pissed at Nagy for this season.  You tell me you have all the talent you need, then why the hell did we lose 6 in a row.  

I will give Nagy credit for keeping the team together through all of that, but he gets no pass for the lack offense for 2 years before he decides to change himself.

That's the thing though. He has seem to be willing to accept fault and change. And I think you're also making the same mistake as others (even myself) by mixing his duties as a OC AND a HC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That's the thing though. He has seem to be willing to accept fault and change. And I think you're also making the same mistake as others (even myself) by mixing his duties as a OC AND a HC. 

I give him major props for admitting a mistake and swallowing his pride this year.  And you cant separate his duties between OC/HC before Minny #1 this year.  That was his own doing.  He chose to call plays.  His #1 job as HC is to win games.  Trying for 2+ years to fit your round QB in a square offense is the fault of both the OC and HC.  He was both.  The fact that he was able to accept responsibility and change would be the only reason he doesnt get fired in the offseason. Big props for that, but his Hubris is why they were in The situation to begin with

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...