2020 GDT Week #15 Steelers @ Bengals

Steeler Hitman

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

They should let Cam Heyward address the offense at halftime. 

that's tomlins job, but ben being the leader he is should do that. He doesn't get a free pass nor should he. it's HIS offence, he picked the OC, now he has to deal with it. I want him to stay in and get shut out vs the bungles

Edited by 3rivers

Just now, August4th said:

so they can afford to cut him? just lose 3 mil on the cap. I'm all for option 1. maybe they can deal for stafford

Yea, so Stafford would be $21mil in new money coming in.  So in the exchange we would actually save $1mil on the cap hit at the QB position.  Heck if we did that but with Wentz we would save $3mil on the cap by trading for him.  If the Jets take Fields/Lawrence, Darnold would only bring $5mil in new money meaning $27mil tied up with the starting QB.  The trade market could be really rich for us if we were to cut Ben or see him retire.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yea, so Stafford would be $21mil in new money coming in.  So in the exchange we would actually save $1mil on the cap hit at the QB position.  Heck if we did that but with Wentz we would save $3mil on the cap by trading for him.  If the Jets take Fields/Lawrence, Darnold would only bring $5mil in new money meaning $27mil tied up with the starting QB.  The trade market could be really rich for us if we were to cut Ben or see him retire.

no part of wince, that can't even be  an idea. Stafford would be the one, no part of the rest

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think Ben is too greedy to walk away from $41M. I think Pittsburgh extends his contract and that makes me cringe. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I think Ben is too greedy to walk away from $41M. I think Pittsburgh extends his contract and that makes me cringe. 

He's not actually walking away from $41mil though.  It's more like $19mil.  The other $22mil is restructuring cap hits that he's already been paid.  For a guy who's made $253mil over his career if he sticks for money then just cut him.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Don't put it in his hands by cutting him tho can't have a regressing player keeping the whole team hostage like this

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

we have the same crystal ball, ready to be thrown into the TV after it's unplugged from the outlet ready for the curb

1 minute ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

What do you guys think of Haskins? If Ben doesn’t leave (and I don’t think he will) I wouldn’t mind bringing Haskins in as a backup and seeing if we can develop him. I think he puts Mason to shame and I can’t see Washington wanting too much for him 

Ugh god no.

• Like 1

Just now, SteelersFan2333 said:

What do you guys think of Haskins? If Ben doesn’t leave (and I don’t think he will) I wouldn’t mind bringing Haskins in as a backup and seeing if we can develop him. I think he puts Mason to shame and I can’t see Washington wanting too much for him 

Want nothing to do with Haskins. He is terrible.

If Derek Carr isn't retained by Oakland, I'd most definitely look in that direction