The search for a new Defensive Coordinator

RaidersAreOne

I’ve never seen someone want our DC job so bad ever. He’s basically grabbing Gruden by the shirt saying “HIRE ME AND TRUST ME”. 

Also Wade is correct, he became the DC on many teams that had a 4-3 personnel. If anyone can make it work, it’s him. 

Wade is still my preferred choice. One of the greatest DC’s in history. And from my knowledge, he has never once failed as a DC.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Oh no! That sounds like just the type of totally uninspiring guy we would hire. But hey, he could take our D from #32 to #28 in two seasons before being fired I suppose 😁

lmao my exact thoughts, we are tainted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

based on what we've seen we need at lest 7-8 new players on defense regardless of scheme

i dont think thats true. If we really think the scheme was as bad as whats been discussed we need to give the defense, especially the young guys a chance with a competant DC. That doesnt mean we dont need to upgrade multiple spots, its obvious we need a 3T, FS and another DE but we have some talent to work with imo. The biggest problem to me is scheme and depth.

8 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I think he wants a 4-3 because that's what every D under him at HC have been (it's his preference) and because the players who have been added in the last 3  years are better fits for that scheme. Littleton and Kwit could work in a 3-4 since they've done it in the past but the DL are 4-3 players. Ferrell at 270 isn't a 3-4 DE, same with Crosby. They'd have to transition to OLB or add some serious weight. Nassib also played OLB in the Bucs 3-4. Hurst has no role in a base 3-4. Hankins could be the NT but he's a FA and i don't think they bring him back. There's no player under contract to play the 3 DL. No starter and no depth. That's at least 6 players you'd have to add in 1 offseason just to field that kind of D.

Why couldn't Hurst play Aaron Donald spot? We need to draft all defense no matter what system we run, but this isn't horrible as a start.

LDE- C. Ferrell

NT- J. Hankins

RDE- M. Hurst

LOLB- M. Crosby

LILB- Nick. K

RILB- C. Littleton

ROLB- V. Beasley

LCB- T. Mullen

RCB- D. Arnette

SS. J Abrams

FS. L, Joyner

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Why couldn't Hurst play Aaron Donald spot? We need to draft all defense no matter what system we run, but this isn't horrible as a start.

LDE- C. Ferrell

NT- J. Hankins

RDE- M. Hurst

LOLB- M. Crosby

LILB- Nick. K

RILB- C. Littleton

ROLB- V. Beasley

LCB- T. Mullen

RCB- D. Arnette

SS. J Abrams

FS. L, Joyner

Dude. No more lists. That's EA's job.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

LDE- C. Ferrell

NT- J. Hankins

RDE- M. Hurst

LOLB- M. Crosby

LILB- Nick. K

RILB- C. Littleton

ROLB- V. Beasley

LCB- T. Mullen

RCB- D. Arnette

SS. J Abrams

FS. L, Joyner

Irving would seem to me to be the obvious guy to slot into 34 DE. Nassib, Crosby, Beasley and McKinley looks like a really poor edge group to me. All look like they would be depth or rotation guys only. Wonder if we can use Morrow more as he looked like our 2nd best pass rusher to me but he obviously wouldn't be able to set an edge.

I do like the 34 and Melvin Ingram and Ryan Kerrigan look like they could be FA's.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

LDE- C. Ferrell

NT- J. Hankins

RDE- M. Hurst

LOLB- M. Crosby

LILB- Nick. K

RILB- C. Littleton

ROLB- V. Beasley

LCB- T. Mullen

RCB- D. Arnette

SS. J Abrams

FS. L, Joyner

This actually looks solid. And doesn’t even include a likely new starter somewhere in the draft. 

I’m one of the few that thinks Crosby can play 3-4 OLB. May even be better there. He’s a huge liability as a run defender as a 4-3 DE. 

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I guess we could try that. I think Donald getting success in that scheme has more to do with him being a freak than a true fit though.