No surprises: Hurts to start for Eagles vs. Cardinals

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hurst is RG3 all over again. A 1 read wonder, not there take off! Its just a matter of time before he too gets injured.

I mean... you just described Deshaun Watson his rookie season. One read and run, got injured.

So, it doesn't always end up RG3.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think we've seen enough of Watson as a passer to eliminate the need for a "yet".

His old GM went out of his way to make everything harder on him... and he only had a career year in the process.

These ads of these pajamas with all these women and their pooper flaps open on this site makes me think of you. 

On 12/16/2020 at 5:28 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Thats simply not true. Wentz is very good when throwing on the run, boots, rolling out and even scrambling on designed runs. However Doug Pederson at not time in 12 weeks wanted to incorporate that into a Carson Wentz led offense.

He was to worried about Wentz getting injured and being blamed for calling such plays. He isn't in the slightest with Jalen Hurst. He gets hurt, he gets hurt! That is the only difference between the two. Wentz like Rodgers could run for 50-70 yds a gm, with ease if they wanted too. But both try to stay a Passer as much as possible.

Wentz just doesn't have the luxury of doing that with this surrounding cast/OL. Hurst is RG3 all over again. A 1 read wonder, not there take off! Its just a matter of time before he too gets injured.

Correct. At least someone else gets it. Ho many times are the talking heads gonna fall for the same 'athletic QB' BS. Wash, rinse, repeat. Novelties never last. 

On 12/16/2020 at 2:28 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Thats simply not true. Wentz is very good when throwing on the run, boots, rolling out and even scrambling on designed runs. However Doug Pederson at not time in 12 weeks wanted to incorporate that into a Carson Wentz led offense.

He was to worried about Wentz getting injured and being blamed for calling such plays. He isn't in the slightest with Jalen Hurst. He gets hurt, he gets hurt! That is the only difference between the two. Wentz like Rodgers could run for 50-70 yds a gm, with ease if they wanted too. But both try to stay a Passer as much as possible.

Wentz just doesn't have the luxury of doing that with this surrounding cast/OL. Hurst is RG3 all over again. A 1 read wonder, not there take off! Its just a matter of time before he too gets injured.

Considering Wentz is washed you have a pretty bleak outlook Nabbs if you don't even have hope for Hurts.

He looked very good today, better than Murray I'd say.

Missed on some deep balls, but also was not afraid to fire and give his guys a chance to make a play. Rough 1st few drives and could have an INT on 1st or 2nd throw, but after that he was smart with his decisions. Again did an amazing job extending plays and throwing on the run. He never panics, that's what has jumped out to me early, it can be 3rd/4th down with pass rush closing in and he stays calm, doesn't get jittery, delivers the throw or confidently escapes.

Biggest weaknesses are that ball security, he might be fumbling more than Carson who was fumbling more than anyone not named Daniel Jones, and the arm strength. It's definitely good enough to get it done in the NFL but he has to put a lot more of his body into throws to deliver with high velocity or good distance than, say Carson, had to. 

There are have been a handful of positive plays where he is in the pocket, scanning the field and going through his reads, which is huge since I think that was his biggest concern. Threw outside of pocket all the time at OU, played vs Packers game as read and run QB, dropped back and scanned a couple of times vs Saints, and then seemed to do it even more today and without disaster striking. 

With all that being said, I'll need to see this kind of play for remainder of 2020 as well as 2021 before I think he could be the franchise QB, and I won't get even a little bit excited for him until he's got 4 years of good play under his belt, I've learned my lesson (Wentz apparently proved you can still end up sucking after 3 years of looking good, so I'm now drawing the line at 4. If you look like a franchise QB for 4 seasons, then you are one)