2K20: Game #14 - Kansas City at New Orleans

onejayhawk

47 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Well ... left to right

Rankin - Allegretti - Kilgore - Wylie - Durant ???

Based on what we saw Sunday, Reiter at C. You might switch LT and RT.

If Rankin is not ready to go a whole game, then Durant/Wisniewski/Reiter/Allegretti/Wylie. 😝

Pringle is returning from IR. They released Marcus Kemp, so this move was tipped. 
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/16/kansas-city-chiefs-byron-pringle-practices-returns-from-ir/

J

Edited by onejayhawk

5 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Kinda scary if ya ask me. Oline is a high draft priority. We can't go thru a whole season with this. When it comes to BACK injuries this is a possible look. Intolerable.

Say it again. Incredibly stupid to sign Mahomes to a 10 year contract and then force him play behind one of the worst OL's in the league. Injuries a part of it, Niang and LDT opting out due to COVID is a part of it, but I don't even care. Our OL depth was an obvious issue we failed to address that very well might cost us the chip this season. In the forum mock draft I got us Michael Onwenu and he's a god damn pro bowler in year 1. Come on Veach.

Trade up if you got to, get a blue chip interior OL prospect in round 1 then draft BPA OL from there. Say we give up our 1st and 2nd to get the best G in the draft then trade back from our 3rd to get a 4, 5, and a 7. Round 1 draft a G. Round 4 get two T's. Round 5 get two C's. Round 6 get a G. Round 7 a G and a T. If like 2-3 of these guys don't make the roster who cares thats pretty normal for a draft anyways.

Fisher could easily get cut this offseason, Schwartz has one more year left on his deal, the doctor isn't a longterm answer at RG. Everybody else sucks. We can't afford to put off this issue any longer.

Remember that we drafted a premium OT last spring--Lucas Niang. He's a COVID reserve. I am totally up for investing in a C. Reiter is too expensive and Kilgore has other issues.

Fisher will not get cut in the last year of his contract. Niang will eventually replace him or Schwartz, but we get one more season with both. Drafting another 2nd or 3rd round OT makes sense.

Everything else does not suck and this is not one of the worst OL in the league. What's with that? At worst it's an average run blocking line and well above average at pass pro, at least when everyone is healthy. 

J

7 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

at least when everyone is healthy. 

And that's the problem now isn't it?

Being on the Covid/reserve list is bad too. That's worse than being on injured/reserve. You can't even come back in a few weeks. And there's no guarantee the future will look brighter for these back issues. Schwartz is old/tired now. Fisher was drafted years ago. He's gotta lot of miles on the odometer. Niang hasn't played a down of NFL football, we don't know what he looks like and he's broken/injured before he even starts a career.

We gotta protect Patrick. No.1 job. We gotta go all in on the Oline this next draft. Our CAP can't even help us much this next year.

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

And that's the problem now isn't it?

Being on the Covid/reserve list is bad too. That's worse than being on injured/reserve. You can't even come back in a few weeks. And there's no guarantee the future will look brighter for these back issues. Schwartz is old/tired now. Fisher was drafted years ago. He's gotta lot of miles on the odometer. Niang hasn't played a down of NFL football, we don't know what he looks like and he's broken/injured before he even starts a career.

We gotta protect Patrick. No.1 job. We gotta go all in on the Oline this next draft. Our CAP can't even help us much this next year.

That's life in the NFL. COVID is just a wrinkle. 

We have some of the best pass protection in the league already. We have a premium OT waiting in the wings and you will not find much better in the draft. We can and should draft another IOL, preferably one who can play C. Otherwise, we need to replace WRs who will be leaving. DL is an every year thing. Kelce is the top of his game, but he's also over 30. OL is an area of concern, but it is not a screaming need.

J

Depth at any position can be FA, whether UDFA or street FA. OG and OT can be FA as well. We have UDFA at OG/C and OT on practice squad.  Yasir Durant has shown he can play at this level, so he is an option somewhere. 

There are five starting OL. We have already drafted the replacement for one of them. One more premium pick replaces 40% of a fairly good OL. What I find difficult to understand is why you think it is not a fairly good OL.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

The final practice had some good news, as LT Eric Fisher returned with full participation. Other news is not as good. Thompson and Wilson are out and RT Mike Remmers is doubtful. Most likely, we will see more of UDFA rookie Yasir Durant, who played about 1/3 of the game against Miami.

The Saints have their own issues. Drew Brees could play, but it is unclear if he will. WR Michael Thomas is out, as well as OG Nick Easton and DL Malcolm Brown.

Player Injury Participation* Designation
LB Damien Wilson Knee DNP OUT
OT Mike Remmers Back/Neck DNP Doubtful
OT Eric Fisher Back FP Questionable
WR Tyreek Hill Hamstring FP
TE Nick Keizer Ankle/Knee FP
DE Alex Okafor  Knee FP
DE Tanoh Kpassagnon Hip FP
DT Derrick Nnadi Ankle FP
C Austin Reiter Knee FP
OL Martinas Rankin Knee FP
TE Ricky Seals-Jones Illness FP
RB Darwin Thompson Illness DNP OUT

Player Injury Participation* Designation
DT Malcolm Brown Shoulder/Calf DNP OUT
OG Nick Easton Concussion DNP OUT
WR Michael Thomas Ankle DNP OUT
DT Malcolm Roach Illness FP
WR Deonte Harris Neck LP Questionable
OT Ryan Ramczyk Elbow FP
DE Marcus Davenport Quad FP
OG Andrus Peat Foot FP

Remmers being out isn't a huge surprise but it does hurt. Wylie played OT in college. Are we looking at a Fisher-Allegretti-Reiter-Wis-Wylie line tomorrow? I'd think they go with an experienced line rather than putting in Durant at RT. It seems to be Andy's way.

I'm also hoping that Baker gets some playing time. He could be a big upgrade in the secondary.

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Remmers being out isn't a huge surprise but it does hurt. Wylie played OT in college. Are we looking at a Fisher-Allegretti-Reiter-Wis-Wylie line tomorrow? I'd think they go with an experienced line rather than putting in Durant at RT. It seems to be Andy's way.

I'm also hoping that Baker gets some playing time. He could be a big upgrade in the secondary.

Wylie at RT does not sooth me at all. I hope Patrick has a good pair of skates to wear.

• Like 1