Week 15: Panters at Packers

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah, i was recalling the one before that.  The gabbert game I must have missed.

Oh, that wasn't even the gabbert game

just feels like one of those games where we have a buncha nervous nellies and then we absolutely steam-roll em. But I'm a week ahead. I'll save my remaining hot-takezzz for next week.

Just now, incognito_man said:

just feels like one of those games where we have a buncha nervous nellies and then we absolutely steam-roll em. But I'm a week ahead. I'll save my remaining hot-takezzz for next week.

I'm fine looking past the panthers.  Been impressed with Mike Davis.  This is a guy we should sign if they let Jones go.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I assume Christian is going to be back?

Supposed to practice and has a "chance" to play per Rap. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but why would you even play him at this point if you're Carolina? You have a long-term investment in the guy and your season is over at 4-9. Just put him on ice the rest of the season. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Supposed to practice and has a "chance" to play per Rap. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but why would you even play him at this point if you're Carolina? You have a long-term investment in the guy and your season is over at 4-9. Just put him on ice the rest of the season. 

I BET YOU'D LIKE THAT WOULDN'T YOU

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Hey, I'll deflate some footballs if I have to for the W. 

Aaron likes em high psi for maximum velocity unlike baby-hands Brady

32 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone else excited to see more Austin in this offense? Maybe it's shiny new toy syndrome, but even on a few plays for short yardage yesterday, he looked quick. Want to see him get the ball with some space. 

I was really happy to see him on plays other than ST. As coach said, so far just on the scripted plays because he really can’t know enough at this stage to work on all of the nuance stuff. If he’s physically fit and has his head in the game, he might provide at least a Swervelike boost which was really nice last year.

I guess he’s been working a good amount with Boyle.  I don’t know if Boyle works extra reps with other receivers but he was one of the guys backslapping MVS in the end zone on his monster TD. Obviously wasn’t on the field so it seemed like he was pretty happy for his guy. I was, too. 

11 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone else excited to see more Austin in this offense? Maybe it's shiny new toy syndrome, but even on a few plays for short yardage yesterday, he looked quick. Want to see him get the ball with some space. 

yea, definitely liked seeing that. i think we can involve him more in the offense than swervin ervin. austin has more upside 

17 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Titan have the 30th ranked pass defense.

I am unsure why we are so nervous about that game. Yes, they are the best remaining team we face - but their defense is significantly worse than our's and our offense is ever so slightly better than their's.

Probably because they have one of the top RBs in the league.

17 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Titan have the 30th ranked pass defense.

I am unsure why we are so nervous about that game. Yes, they are the best remaining team we face - but their defense is significantly worse than our's and our offense is ever so slightly better than their's.

They have part of the formula to beat us. Long drives, keep our offense off the field. 

16 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah, i was recalling the one before that.  The gabbert game I must have missed.

Oh, that wasn't even the gabbert game (which I see now was preseason).

I was remembering this one, the 21 points in the 1st Q
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400874572

i was at that game.. demarco murray broke the opening play for 75 and a TD and I knew it was gonna be a long day. Saving grace was i watched a packers fan dive down a flight of stairs to catch a brat in his mouth... he did not catch the brat