GDT: Detroit Lions @ Tennessee Titans

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

There’s no questioning Stafford’s toughness, but I just can’t imagine him playing. If they were chasing a playoff berth, maybe you fight through crazy pain with every deep breath. But man, as a coaching staff, I’d want to protect him from himself.

Yeah especially being a new staff next year, trade rumors....Just take care of yourself for once. 
I think he has laid enough of himself down for that franchise. 

30 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I thought the idea of cutting him was bad given Adoree's injury issues, but it's even worse given his level of play now.

I mean that contract though.... 

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Sure he’s playing extremely well right now but that’s always been him. Extremely inconsistent. He’ll have a stretch like this and then have a stretch of terrible play. For what he’s getting paid, he should be lock down all the time damn near. Still one of worst contracts Robinson has even given out.

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean that contract though.... 

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

Sure he’s playing extremely well right now but that’s always been him. Extremely inconsistent. He’ll have a stretch like this and then have a stretch of terrible play. For what he’s getting paid, he should be lock down all the time damn near. Still one of worst contracts Robinson has even given out.

this is just so so wrong lol

Butler had a rough first like...6 games with us and has been mostly very good ever since. Corner is the most volatile position in the NFL and he's been able to avoid the stretches of "terrible play" that you mention. Was also killing it last year before getting injured

edit- adding in this. obviously people only like PFF when it benefits their case, but alas

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-tennessee-cb-malcolm-butlers-2018-campaign-was-a-tale-of-two-halves

so if Butler had a great second half of 2018, and has played well since when healthy...with this year being his best...he's not worth the money why? these fantasy terrible stretches of play?

Edited by deeluxx3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Butler had a rough first like...6 games with us and has been mostly very good ever since. Corner is the most volatile position in the NFL and he's been able to avoid the stretches of "terrible play" that you mention. Was also killing it last year before getting injured

edit- adding in this. obviously people only like PFF when it benefits their case, but alas

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-tennessee-cb-malcolm-butlers-2018-campaign-was-a-tale-of-two-halves

so if Butler had a great second half of 2018, and has played well since when healthy...with this year being his best...he's not worth the money why? these fantasy terrible stretches of play?

Yeah, there’s just no argument for cutting Butler at this point. Fulton has barely played and hasn’t shown anything, Adoree is entering his option year and hasn’t played, cutting Butler would open up a massive hole at corner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, there’s just no argument for cutting Butler at this point. Fulton has barely played and hasn’t shown anything, Adoree is entering his option year and hasn’t played, cutting Butler would open up a massive hole at corner.

people need to put respect on his name

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

This. Butler is a stud and isn't going anywhere. 

I don't even think his contract is that bad. He's the 14th highest paid corner(in terms of per year) in the league and I think it's fair to say he's largely performed at that level. At least top 20.

If I were to say I have a concern, it's the fact that he's 30/will be 31 next year, but that being said he hasn't shown any physical decline yet, so that's a bit premature on my part to worry about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

He gets beat at times. 
Every corner will.

It would be nice to see his number come down some, given we want to pay so many of our own guys. But when we tell him to guard a man.....one on one. He has risen to the challenge more times than not.

The times he gets in trouble is in zone, because he is so aggressive and his eyes get caught peeking. 

But yeah, with Fulton not looking so hot yet, Adoree not sure how he is going to respond to this mystery injury and what we have. Butler is a must keep at this point. 

Having maybe his best season since joining us.  
I have had my moments of frustration with Butler but can we point to another corner in our secondary with more than one pick right now?

Bring King back, Fulton, hopefully Adoree and Butler.....and maybe add another 2nd-3rd round corner. That's a good group. 

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He gets beat at times. 
Every corner will.

It would be nice to see his number come down some, given we want to pay so many of our own guys. But when we tell him to guard a man.....one on one. He has risen to the challenge more times than not.

The times he gets in trouble is in zone, because he is so aggressive and his eyes get caught peeking. 

But yeah, with Fulton not looking so hot yet, Adoree not sure how he is going to respond to this mystery injury and what we have. Butler is a must keep at this point. 

Having maybe his best season since joining us.  
I have had my moments of frustration with Butler but can we point to another corner in our secondary with more than one pick right now?

Bring King back, Fulton, hopefully Adoree and Butler.....and maybe add another 2nd-3rd round corner. That's a good group. 

I think if you bring back King, you've invested enough in corner to switch gears and address other holes.

King won't cost nothing, Butler and Adoree will get big checks, and Fulton was a recent high draft pick.  That's a lot in a single position when we have lots of other holes to address.

We need help at almost every other position on defense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This is awesome. Amy making moves. Nashville would be an incredible place to host a Super Bowl. This could help its cause. It would be cool to make our stadium look unique. Give us one of those Raiders Seahawks stadium-vibes to get the fans pumped. Idk put like a sword on fire in the stadium. Haha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think if you bring back King, you've invested enough in corner to switch gears and address other holes.

King won't cost nothing, Butler and Adoree will get big checks, and Fulton was a recent high draft pick.  That's a lot in a single position when we have lots of other holes to address.

We need help at almost every other position on defense.

I think if you're drafting a corner in the 2nd-3rd, there's likely someone that fell unexpected or you're planning to not resign either Butler or Adoree after next year. Corner is said to be one of the hardest positions to transition from college to pro, and they usually aren't great their first year. So if you get them in early to learn, hopefully they would be ready for a bigger role in '22.