GDT: Detroit Lions @ Tennessee Titans

ttitansfan4life

Just reading the discussion over the last page, I feel our WR rooms are very similar. One stud and some nice role pieces. 

You shouldn't pay Davis, we've heard the same thing last deadline when we didn't trade for AJ Green or Robbie Anderson, then we heard it last off-season when we didn't sign Anderson or Emmanuel Sanders and then again when we didn't trade for Will Fuller, yet our offense keeps humming along. 

The draft is deep this year, get your comp pick, keep spending to fortify that secondary and OL and as long as Tannehill keeps it up, you'll be dangerous. 

Excited for the game this week, you're our worst matchup among the top AFC teams, so if we win convincingly I'll be excited for the postseason. I'm expecting the worst though, we're both playoff bound so at the end of the day and good game with no injuries is all we can ask.

• Like 1

Besides obviously being a fan I would really like to play well Sunday 

Titans don’t get on Prime Time a lot so it’s another opportunity for the world to see some of our unknowns 

I really don’t care about the Pro Bowl as a fan and I’m sure outside of the money the players don’t care to play in the game as they would rather be prepping for a SB

But it would be really nice for the world to get to know Jeffrey Simmons and the one real Pro Bowl linemen that really for snubbed for us Nate Davis 

It just be nice to make a little noise heading into the playoffs 

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Just reading the discussion over the last page, I feel our WR rooms are very similar. One stud and some nice role pieces. 

You shouldn't pay Davis, we've heard the same thing last deadline when we didn't trade for AJ Green or Robbie Anderson, then we heard it last off-season when we didn't sign Anderson or Emmanuel Sanders and then again when we didn't trade for Will Fuller, yet our offense keeps humming along. 

The draft is deep this year, get your comp pick, keep spending to fortify that secondary and OL and as long as Tannehill keeps it up, you'll be dangerous. 

Excited for the game this week, you're our worst matchup among the top AFC teams, so if we win convincingly I'll be excited for the postseason. I'm expecting the worst though, we're both playoff bound so at the end of the day and good game with no injuries is all we can ask.

I don't disagree with a word you said.

The more and more I think about it, though, I think we should break the rule of thumb you're correctly describing with Davis. I think we should bring him back. Cannot break the bank, but pay him that second-tier money if possible. 

Our offense is getting more and more explosive over time. The chemistry/continuity between this core group of YOUNG players is already hot. I just can't help but think that it's worth investing in guys like Davis and Jonnu. Here's reality, in my opinion -- We have 2 more years after this season w/ Tannehill. He's playing his best ball for us yet right now, so let's give benefit of the doubt that he continues to be productive over that time.

I hate the idea of "windows", but that's our window. And as great as Tannehill is, he's not a Rodgers/Mahomes/Wilson in which he can get 600+ yards out of a bunch of mid round guys. Our offense is just the perfect mix of the right group of players at the right time. From a skill position perspective, I think Henry-Davis-Brown-Smith are the pillars.

Our defense is bad right now. We're certainly a couple pieces away and we'll need to invest in the draft. But I don't think our defense is playing bad due to lack of talent, but poor coaching/scheme. It's not a group of players behind repair...we just need a DC.

I think we were discussing it in another thread but, as bad as our defense is, any AFC playoff team will need to beat Kansas City in a shootout to make the Super Bowl. And that's going to be the case for the next 10 years. Corey and AJ complement each other too well and we're finally getting SOME consistent WR production thanks to them.

I don't want to neglect the defense, but I think we'd have an easier time replacing Jayon Brown (who I've been a HUGE fan of) than Corey Davis. I do think our defense feels the loss of Jayon a little bit throughout the game, but I think Corey's absence would hamstring the offense a bit more.