30 members have voted

1. 1. Player Of The Game?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Aaron Jones
    • Davante Adams
    • Nick Perry
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Other?

This is the first team with 2 pass rushers that will stress us and 2 corners who can press up and play coverage.  If lane taylor is playing in the game at LT, he will need a lot of help.

I expect this to be a defensive struggle, so I hope Mac coaches accordingly.  FGs are good in this game, and special teams are important.  If Diggs is full strength that could be an issue, but I expect we will get some good pressure based on watching the Bears game.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

During the 2010 regular season, the Packers traveled to Dallas, the site of the 2010 Super Bowl.... and they crushed the Cowboys 45-7

During the 2017 regular season the Packers travel to minny, the site of the 2017 Super Bowl ...and they'll ********* the vikings

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Hate to be that guy but the Packers crushed the Cowboys in Lambeau that year

That may have been the year we got about three coaches fired. That drubbing of the Cowboys had consequences. Wade Phillips as I recall.

This will be a typical Vikings game for us, unless the Vikings commit more mutiny (feel free guys), Rhodes will shut down Jordy, but now we have Tae who will feast on Waynes and Newman, Cobb always seems to be uncoverable for whoever their slot CB is. If they try to cover Bennett with Kendricks, we should exploit that, if they use Smith than Bennett is sadly nothing more than a decoy. Sendejo sucks, so try to match up someone on him. If Bahk plays I'm not overly worried about their DL.

Defensively, Daniels and Clark will laugh at this group after facing Dallas' OL. Easton-Elfein-Berger is not going to be able to block them. I see little to no run game. It will come down to whether or not we can cover Diggs and Thielen. Hopefully King and Burnett play.

Early prediction (if most of our injured play) 24-17 Pack.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This will be a typical Vikings game for us, unless the Vikings commit more mutiny (feel free guys), Rhodes will shut down Jordy, but now we have Tae who will feast on Waynes and Newman, Cobb always seems to be uncoverable for whoever their slot CB is. If they try to cover Bennett with Kendricks, we should exploit that, if they use Smith than Bennett is sadly nothing more than a decoy. Sendejo sucks, so try to match up someone on him. If Bahk plays I'm not overly worried about their DL.

Defensively, Daniels and Clark will laugh at this group after facing Dallas' OL. Easton-Elfein-Berger is not going to be able to block them. I see little to no run game. It will come down to whether or not we can cover Diggs and Thielen. Hopefully King and Burnett play.

Last time they played, Jordy tore up the middle of the field, I think from the slot.  Not sure if Cobb was hurt for that one.  I am expecting a similar strategy this week, with Adams having to mostly deal with Rhodes.

14 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Last time they played, Jordy tore up the middle of the field, I think from the slot.  Not sure if Cobb was hurt for that one.  I am expecting a similar strategy this week, with Adams having to mostly deal with Rhodes.

The last time the Vikings DBs went away from Zimmer's game plan because Terrence Newman thought he could cover Jordy. I doubt anyone other than Rhodes covers Jordy.

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

The last 2 games with Keenum, the Vikings offense has been pitiful. The Lions completely shut them down in Minnesota and they had Cook for half of that game at least. We need a good defensive effort because our offense usually does not have great games in Minnesota. Last year was an odd game because our defense only gave up 17 points, which I would take again this year, but Bradford was basically perfect and Diggs had 500 yards receiving on Randall. Our offense struggled as it has before in Minnesota, with a couple of turnovers and several sacks. I think our offense plays better this time around, but won't put up Dallas numbers. Depending on if Bakh plays, I think we score 17 (if he doesn't play) to 27 (if he does) . Hopefully that should be enough if our defense can simply match the efforts by Detroit and Chicago the past two weeks against Minny. 

But as we see time and time again, our defense makes struggling offenses look like Top 10 units. It seems like our defense always serves as a jump start for struggling offenses. It makes me sick. Our defensive scheme sucks.

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

And that's why my fear is. I just don't get my hopes up for this defense anymore. I think this is going to be a tough game because Minnesota is going to be apply some pressure on Rodgers maybe moreso than any team we've faced so far this year but our defense might struggle to cover their WR/TEs. Sorry but I just envision Diggs and Rudolph open all over the field. I don't think we'll give up a ton of points but we are going to struggle to get off the field and we might lose the time of possession game.

35 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

But as we see time and time again, our defense makes struggling offenses look like Top 10 units. It seems like our defense always serves as a jump start for struggling offenses. It makes me sick. Our defensive scheme sucks.

What's funny is I think we need to flip schemes between offense and defense. By that I mean we should be more of a basic defense ( ala Seattle) so our guys can just play and not worry about all the moving parts. And I think the offense could be more scheme heavy/ complex  (ala chiefs, Rams, falcons with Kyle).

I think it that happened this team would be more consistent on both sides of the ball.

http://m.packers.com/news/article/packers-face-road-test-at-the-vikings-c1751d37-e296-41f1-9acf-1427a48ed98

The Dope Sheet 

Green Bay has won five of the last seven at Minnesota.

• The Packers have a 28-27 record in away games against the Vikings.

• Through 113 meetings, which includes two postseason contests (1-1), the Packers hold a 60-51-2 edge over the Vikings in the all-time series.

• The Packers are 11-3-1 in the last 15 games between the teams during the regular and postseason.

• The Packers have scored 30-plus points in eight of their last 14 regular-season games against Minnesota. That included a 38-point effort the last time the two teams played last season, a 42-point game in 2014, a 44-point outing at Minnesota in 2013, the most points ever scored by Green Bay at the Metrodome, and a 45-point effort at Lambeau Field in 2011.

• Since Head Coach Mike McCarthy took over in 2006, the Packers have a 15-6-1 record (.705) against the Vikings in the regular season.

• Since 2006, the Packers have scored 20-plus points against the Vikings in 19 of 22 regular-season games. The Packers’ 614 points scored in the regular season since 2006 are the most against the Vikings in the NFL, and Green Bay’s average of 27.9 points per game leads the league among teams that have played Minnesota at least four times over that span.

• Including the playoffs this will be McCarthy’s 200th career game as head coach.

• The Packers are 4-1 this season, marking the fourth time since 2006 that Green Bay has won at least four of its first five games (5-0 in 2015 / 5-0 in 2011 / 4-1 in 2007).

• The Packers have won 10 of their last 11 regular-season games and are tied with Kansas City of the best record in the NFL over that span.

• Dating back to 2006, the Packers (31-11, .738) hold the second-best winning percentage in the month of October behind the New England Patriots (40-8, .833). Green Bay has won 22 of its last 26 games played in the month of October.

• Dating back to 2008, Rodgers leads the NFL (min. 300 pass attempts) in passer rating (108.4), passing touchdowns (81) and touchdown percentage (6.9) in the month of October, while ranking No. 3 in passing yards (9,796).

• The Packers are the only team with four touchdowns on opening drives this season. Green Bay leads the league with 27 points on opening drives.

• The Packers are No. 1 in red-zone efficiency this season (15 TDs on 19 drives, 78.95 percent). Green Bay has scored nine TDs on 10 red-zone drives over the last two games.

Archived