1. 1. Player Of The Game?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Aaron Jones
    • Davante Adams
    • Nick Perry
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Other?

9 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

i wouldn't call geronimo an amazing 3rd/4th yet.

I agree... he needs more seasoning. But my point is Allison has that potential here. It's why people are comfortable saying trade Cobb. Put him in another situation he'd might be inactive most games.

For my money Juju Smith-Schuster is the best 3rd/4th WR... but that makes sense as he was drafted to be Pitts 2nd WR of the future. Allison was undrafted... again proving the point GB drafts based around their MVP that they will likely need to pay $200 million in the future.

Aaron doesn't play defense so he can only help elevate them soooo much. So they draft "talent" there.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Yea it would be one thing if after the injury, he missed practice for 3 straight weeks, but the literally practices every day, at least on a limited basis and has been for 5 weeks. That makes no sense.

But his participation in these practices has been limited.  I seriously doubt he has been in pads going one on one for over a month.  I think he's gonna be out until after the bye at the earliest.  :(

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

MN not having Diggs is a big blow for them.  It makes the potential loss of not having King not so dire.

Caught a huge break for sure. Hopefully the front 7 can take advantage of a pretty average to below average offensive line. Keenum is going to be throwing lots of quick hitters and behind the line of scrimmage passes. We need House, Randall, and Rollins to be physical at the point to keep the yac down. 

34 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Caught a huge break for sure. Hopefully the front 7 can take advantage of a pretty average to below average offensive line. Keenum is going to be throwing lots of quick hitters and behind the line of scrimmage passes. We need House, Randall, and Rollins to be physical at the point to keep the yac down. 

MN is still pretty strong at WR without Diggs, which is a big loss no doubt. Had a groin issue last year too.

Thielen has been fabulous this season and I would expect Michael Floyd to start opposite of Thielen with Treadwell as the #3. Still a pretty solid group.

Packers opponents PPG without GB: 20.75

Packers opponents PPG: 22.4 PPG

Packers allowing an average of 1.65 points over opponents average

Vikings opponents PPG without MN: 21.48 PPG

Vikings opponents: 18.6 PPG

Vikings allowing an average of 2.88 points under opponents average scored.

On average GB is allowing teams to score more than their average and MN is holding teams under their average. These numbers are pretty close though.

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

"Known talent"... how are jordy or davante not known talents? The problem with Green Bay's offense is that it has a lot of talent and all that talent can go off any given game because of how amazing the trigger man is.

The reason Jones, Beckman, Green are "amazing" is because they are their teams' passing offenses. All have average to above average QB (yes even Ryan, without jones and Kyle drawing up plays he is above average) and those QBs feed them touches.

These guys would see minimal gains in Green Bay because the ball is spread around. Heck all of Bennett's red zone TDs everyone was hoping for are going to Jordy and Davante (I'm assuming because defenses are scheming to take Bennett away). Which would happen to Jones... Rodgers would go to an uncover Richard Rodgers before forcing into double coverage Jones.

In case you've missed it, Jordy has lost a step.  He is going to be fine, but he isn't running by or away from anyone anymore.  And that isn't Davante's game, either.

When I say, "known talent", I'm talking about a skill set that GB doesn't have in a WR that they trust.  Size and speed.  Watkins has both.

If you think that Jones, Green and Beckman are only good because of the scheme they play in?  Well, I'd take offense to that.  Those are amazing football players.  If any of them were in GB, Rodgers would love them and they would produce great numbers.

But let's put Davante and this year's Jordy on the Giants team.  Or Cincy.  Heck, even Atlanta.  Hmmm.  I think Davante still gets his.  But maybe 85% of what Aaron will get him.  And if I'm being totally honest with myself, Jody gets maybe 75% of what Aaron is going to get him.  

Rodgers makes guys better.  Say what you want about anything else, that was the point about the post that I was referencing.

Archived