1. 1. Player Of The Game?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Aaron Jones
    • Davante Adams
    • Nick Perry
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Other?

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

As others have said, how many elite players are on any given team?

I look around the league and see 4-5 elite players on the playoff teams. I just don't see it on this team. I'm not saying other teams have elite players at half their starting positions but this just isn't all that talented of a team. We are slow on both sides of the ball. I really wish I was wrong but I think we are an average team and the statistics bear that out. We are basically an average team offensively and defensively. We literally rank right in the middle of the pack. I just don't think this team is talented enough to make a playoff run. I don't think we have the offensive talent to legitimately challenge a strong defensive team and our defense has no shot against an elite offense. I haven't seen much this year to make me think this year is any different than years past where our offense has struggled against good defenses in the playoffs and Top 10 QBs have a field day against our defense. I hope I'm wrong. Believe me I would love to be wrong and see the Packers win another title but I just don't see it. The one thing going for them is there doesn't seem to be any teams that are simply in another class this year. I'm not a huge believer in KC. I think what Alex Smith is doing right now is a fluke.  

2 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

I look around the league and see 4-5 elite players on the playoff teams. I just don't see it on this team. I'm not saying other teams have elite players at half their starting positions but this just isn't all that talented of a team. We are slow on both sides of the ball. I really wish I was wrong but I think we are an average team and the statistics bear that out. We are basically an average team offensively and defensively. We literally rank right in the middle of the pack. I just don't think this team is talented enough to make a playoff run. I don't think we have the offensive talent to legitimately challenge a strong defensive team and our defense has no shot against an elite offense. I haven't seen much this year to make me think this year is any different than years past where our offense has struggled against good defenses in the playoffs and Top 10 QBs have a field day against our defense. I hope I'm wrong. Believe me I would love to be wrong and see the Packers win another title but I just don't see it. The one thing going for them is there doesn't seem to be any teams that are simply in another class this year. I'm not a huge believer in KC. I think what Alex Smith is doing right now is a fluke.  

How broad are you defining elite teams?  I'd like to see a list.

28 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

I guess we'll wait and see if our defense can hold up over the course of the year and in the playoffs. The two times our defense has faced quality offenses, they failed. Point blank. I don't know what games you are watching.

Sorry for not believing that a defense ranked #20 in scoring defense is actually much better than what the numbers indicate. We aren't very good dude. The two legitimate offenses we've played this year moved the ball at will and both topped 30+ points against us. We are an average defense at best. Our red zone defense is pathetic. 2nd worst in the NFL. But I'm the delusional one. I'm posting actual hard numbers to support my case while you just sling mud at me.

I don't know why you're talking about Kansas City now (the 20th ranked scoring defense).

Green Bay is 13th currently.

31 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

But don't you know. According to some folks on here, our defense is just as good as Minnesota's. What a crock.

well, no. Same tier, but Minnesota's defense is currently outperforming our's slightly.

It may not look that way to you because you randomly make stuff up to fit an agenda and ignore reality.

You really wish you were wrong strat, you scored big time.

Green Bay is one of the few teams who is in the trophy hunt near every single year, this year is no exception.  If we can get healthy later in the year I do not see one team we can't beat.  Atlanta in Atlanta would again be tough on that fast track, but healthy we can beat them and good.  At home I wouldn't give them much of a chance against us.  What mystical teams have such advantage over us?

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I don't know why you're talking about Kansas City now (the 20th ranked scoring defense).

Green Bay is 13th currently.

With our All World QB running the offense I believe all we need is an average defense.   

11 minutes ago, 15412 said:

You really wish you were wrong strat, you scored big time.

Green Bay is one of the few teams who is in the trophy hunt near every single year, this year is no exception.  If we can get healthy later in the year I do not see one team we can't beat.  Atlanta in Atlanta would again be tough on that fast track, but healthy we can beat them and good.  At home I wouldn't give them much of a chance against us.  What mystical teams have such advantage over us?

I don't think we can beat ATL in ATL even if healthy. Too bad of a matchip across the board for us. That being said, I think we can beat any other NFC team on the road on any given day including the likes of PHI, CAR, Dallas or SEA. So, key is...avoid that matchup at ATL in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think we can beat ATL in ATL even if healthy. Too bad of a matchip across the board for us. That being said, I think we can beat any other NFC team on the road on any given day including the likes of PHI, CAR, Dallas or SEA. So, key is...avoid that matchup at ATL in the playoffs.

oh that's nonsense and you know it...we absolutely can beat ATL in ATL. We probably wouldn't be favored to, but to say we couldn't beat them is ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

oh that's nonsense and you know it...we absolutely can beat ATL in ATL. We probably wouldn't be favored to, but to say we couldn't beat them is ridiculous.

Every team has a kryptonite.

Our kryptonite is universal.  It's injuries.  No other team is kryptonite to us.  We can beat anyone anywhere.  Things not being right we can also lose in multiple ways and places.  Same for every team to one degree or another.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/10/14/silverstein-davante-adams-emerging-packers-no-1-receiver/763901001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

"Jordy Nelson has caused a lot of misery for Green Bay Packers opponents over the years and the Minnesota Vikings have not been immune, even during their defensive renaissance under coach Mike Zimmer.

It was in Week 16 last year that Zimmer decided he wasn’t going to let Nelson beat him and constructed a game plan that would call for Pro Bowl corner Xavier Rhodes to shadow him all around Lambeau Field. It didn’t work so well: The Vikings' secondary resisted the strategy and though Rhodes eventually did match with him, Nelson caught nine passes for 154 yards and two touchdowns...As the Packers prepare to play the Vikings for the first time this season, expect Rhodes to shadow the opponents’ best receiver again.

Only don’t be surprised if it’s Davante Adams."

I remember it was described as a "mutiny"  by the media, that got a laugh out of me . I can't see Zimmer looking for the missing strawberries, that's more of a Childress kind of thing

According to Football Ousiders, Packers pass defense is rated slightyly higher than the vikes. # 19 vs # 21

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Archived