Missed Connections: WRs, what are they and how can we get some? {The Shrine of Jefferson}

21 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This. The only people who will disagree with this are those unable to admit when they made a mistake. Reagor can still be good... but Jefferson is clearly better. Again, he is on record breaking pace... 

Everybody misses, take the L and move on if you thought Reagor > JJ.

I thought they were about equal. I thought Reagor was faster than his timed speed, but he isn't. I also pegged Jefferson as a Tyler Boyd clone, who would be great in the slot, but just average outside. I was wrong. He's just good all around. I don't feel bad for being wrong though. Jefferson never really dealt with press coverage in NCAA, so it was impossible to guess how he would deal with getting off a jam/releasing in the NFL. 9 times out of 10, never dealing press coverage means large growing pains as a rookie, but there will always be outliers.

I wanted Mims more than both. He'll be nice if NYJ ever get a decent HC and QB.

Edited by Jeezla
3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It is more than a fair point to wait and see, like I said I thought Reagor was much more of a big play receiver than Jefferson. My biggest knock on Jefferson is clearly not the case after a rookie season.

It is much harder to be patient though given the dreadful history of drafting that position and that again, it looks like every player the Eagles' could have had instead of Reagor seems to be producing right away. It is just disheartening to be at the end of a season and be having this debate......again

I feel you and if we are in year 3 which is usually the year a player should have had their breakout by and Jefferson still definitely has the better production, then I’ll admit he’s the better receiver. I’m not hoping on Jalen’s case when he didn’t get much time before the season to work with the new WR coach and missed like a third of the season with a hand injury. Let’s just let it play out. Even if it turns out that he isn’t better than Jefferson, but is still a very good #2 then I don’t think we should really be upset. I completely understand why the Eagles favored Reagor.

Remember when Brandon Graham was relentlessly hated on early in his career and called a bust? Now he’s been one of the most consistent players on our defense for a decade and is still going strong in his 30s. Made arguably the most iconic play in Eagles history.

25 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

PAIIIIN as to how good this guy really is.... OH HOWIE

All that showed me is how Jefferson isn’t super fast and didn’t get a lot of separation on those plays, but is so nuanced in his route running and releases that he puts himself in position  where he has the DB stacked and most of the time Cousins put the ball in a good spot for him to get it away from the DB. No way to take away from just how polished he is already, but you should’ve known that coming into the season lol.

Also, you do realize that Kollmann really liked the Reagor pick for the Eagles and thought he fit well with what we needed and probably isn’t as down on him as you guys cause he is aware of his time missed with injury, playing with the most inaccurate QB and that he didn’t have the same polish as Jefferson coming out of college? Lol

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I will say though. I believe Brett mocked us Jefferson just before the draft.

If we knew Wentz would turn to poop and Ertz would become invisible and likely traded after the season, then the reason for drafting Jefferson would’ve made more sense. 

With that said I like Hurts touch on deep balls probably more than Wentz already. That was never a consistent part of Carson’s game. He was up and down in regards to deep passing. I think Reagor’s connection at least going deep will be better with Hurts.

And, yeah I just checked and he did mock us Justin Jefferson. Also, interestingly enough he was one of the people higher on Hurts. He had him mocked to the Saints at 24th overall. I remember him coming on the BGN podcast with Kist and talking Hurts up and why he was high on him. Now, Jalen will get his first start against the very team he mocked him to.

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

All that showed me is how Jefferson isn’t super fast and didn’t get a lot of separation on those plays, but is so nuanced in his route running and releases that he puts himself in position  where he has the DB stacked and most of the time Cousins put the ball in a good spot for him to get it away from the DB. No way to take away from just how polished he is already, but you should’ve known that coming into the season lol.

Also, you do realize that Kollmann really liked the Reagor pick for the Eagles and thought he fit well with what we needed and probably isn’t as down on him as you guys cause he is aware of his time missed with injury, playing with the most inaccurate QB and that he didn’t have the same polish as Jefferson coming out of college? Lol

You're lost & living in banana land 

3 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

You're lost & living in banana land 

Nah. Jefferson may be on pace for GOAT rookie WR season but if you watch the tape he is not outrunning guys on go routes,  he relies on crisp route running to get open and elite QB Cousins for his production. You're crazy if you wish the Eagles took him. 

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Aka what everyone said about him coming out.

JJ has been really good for them. But yeah I think we all should know how silly it is to call anything so soon.

• Like 1