Our Little Feel Good Bubble has Burst

RSkinGM

52 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

No offense with a gimpy Smith, McLaurin and no Gibson. Reality sets in . Our well, we move up in the draft- many of our posters will be 😀

I actually like our matchup with Seattle (assuming our run D keeps Carson in check). Metcalf is a really good WR, but if Jimmy can keep Lockett in check, we should win. Their defense outside of Wagner and Adams is not very good.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I actually like our matchup with Seattle (assuming our run D keeps Carson in check). Metcalf is a really good WR, but if Jimmy can keep Lockett in check, we should win. Their defense outside of Wagner and Adams is not very good.

How do we score any points ?

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

How do we score any points ?

Clearly our defense. Haha.

We had 9 points last week that came from our offense and you cant even attribute those 9 to the offense getting there.

Alex Smith wasn't setting the world on fire. Run the ball, develop a short to intermediate quick passing game and play good defense. We will win this game. 

(I also live in Washington State and I very badly want to rub it in some co-workers faces that were saying Russ for MVP early)

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I disagree . Smith needs to be 100% - He's impaired as is . He won't be 100%.  McKissic = Gibson--Get real !

McLaurin has a bad wheel - he's not near 100%. Just a decoy.

I’m pretty sure McKissic has a higher YPC average than Gibson and gets first downs on like 60-70% of his receptions. 

• Like 1

We are first place in the division mid december, this isn't the time to give up hope and go full monte negativity.

Sure, if we are going to lose a game, we will likely lose the Seattle game.  But the other nfc east teams will likely get whooped up on as well.  

• Like 1

If we don’t win another game and compete until the end of them all then our bubble hasn’t burst. This year was completely about finding out what we have. And I do remember 4 weeks ago in our draft and every other thread here there being about 10 more need positions then what we’re saying now. We can improve a lot of spots but this no tea that this team has nothing but a DL is simply just not correct. Players have shown that with this coaching staff they will buy in work hard and in that develop closer to their ceiling then their floors. I don’t see our bubble popping in fact I think it’s just starting to get bigger. This team has come a long way in year one. And it’s not over. I will say this offseason will be the most critical to our long term success. There are a combo of a few things this team will need to prioritize early in the offseason to build twards shaping out the rest of this roster to take the next few steps.
To me the bubble only pops when they let Kyle Smith go because at that point I quit!!! I will no longer scout or even watch this team and I mean that. I’ve stayed through the bad which has been my whole life. Me quitting has nothing to do with this point. But if they don’t promote this man this owner/ team just can’t be fixed.  This guy and the scouting dept get it!!! No one person is above the group. But listen to Kyles draft interviews from last year!!! A+. Look at the draft classes throughout the rounds. Nobody is perfect so I’m giving him a B+ simply to remove homerism. This year added the FA duties to his workload and I’m giving that a solid B. This guy presents a brighter future then any other member to our FO. Ron still doesn’t have a SB. I gotta admit that if he was to go elsewhere and not reward Kyle for the title he has earned on this team then I’d have to say Rons not here to win SB’s. Kyle has a eye and vision to be a trend setter instead of trying to follow what others are doing after they’ve won. Your either start a trend or your chasing. Kyle deserves the chance to select the QB for this staff. I know the world isn’t fair but there’s literally no way with all the kissing and making up Snyder and Ron has to do this past offseason to the fans they even want to go here with the fans.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I disagree . Smith needs to be 100% - He's impaired as is . He won't be 100%.  McKissic = Gibson--Get real !

McLaurin has a bad wheel - he's not near 100%. Just a decoy.

Smith will never be 100% again. If he’s ok, we’ll enough to push off on his right leg, he’ll be the same as he was before the 49er game.

Lavar didn’t say McKissic was Gibson, he said McKissic he’s just close, and he is. McKissic is a better runner than people give him credit for and he’s just as good a receiver as CT was. He’s been a perfect replacement for CT. And, what we lose in short yardage we get that back with Barber.

I think it’s obvious Gibson is a more powerful runner, breaking tackles etc - he reminds me of a better receiving Portis - but McKissic is no slouch.