2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

What don't you like exactly? He is 6'4" 240 lbs. And expected to workout well. So it's not physical. His best attributes seem to be his motor, tackling, and tenacity. So it can't be mental. He led the team(who won their bowl game against the ducks) in interceptions, forced fumbles, and had more tackles than any Boise State player since 1988. He also won his Conferences DPoY. So it can't be production that you don't like....

I'm just trying to think what more you need to be a good LB prospect?

So it sounds like this guy is a 1st rd. talent in your mind, no?   You comfortable taking him at #19? 

I have a couple LBs ranked ahead of him. It's doubtful that all of them are gone before 19. Considering that the widely dubbed best one, RoQuan Smith, might still be on the board. I also don't like the idea of taking LB at 19, period. We run a 2 LB system and our 2 highly drafted starters are in place. We are losing a valuable former 4th round LB. But there's no need to replace him with a 19 overall pick.

That said, I stand by the thought that it's hard to find a flaw in LVE the prospect. I'm not sure what's not to like as a LB.

On 1/28/2018 at 7:57 PM, Matts4313 said:

What can you all tell me about DJ Chark, WR from LSU? Scouting report, round projection.

Last year I got my son really, really into the draft. He watched the senior bowl and fell in love with this dude. Has been texting me highlights. 

If he ends up being a stud, then every week would be "Chark Week"

I would also contend it is hard\harder to find a flaw on Edmunds or Smith without nit-picking. It's actually possible for multiple players to be good at the same time.

I'm still waiting to hear your grievance with people thinking LVE is a good prospect. You've posted twice since I asked you, and you've only returned with questions(which I answered) and now sarcasm.

It's okay if you don't like LVE, and it's equally fine that I ask you why. I was genuinely curious. That way I know if I should value your opinion on him or not. It's starting to look like the latter. 

I didn't like TJ Watt last year. It was an unpopular opinion here, but I could at least tell you why.

26 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Man, you are ignoring a lot of what he said and jumping to really odd conclusions.

DaBoys hinted at you being the poster that found this "gem" so would you do me the honors of linking me to a post containing your break-down of said LB?  As for "odd conclusions": I made no conclusions other than stating that I was not picking-up the hype that some of you guys were laying down. I said that in the first friggin post.

16 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I would also contend it is hard\harder to find a flaw on Edmunds or Smith without nit-picking. It's actually possible for multiple players to be good at the same time.

I'm still waiting to hear your grievance with people thinking LVE is a good prospect. You've posted twice since I asked you, and you've only returned with questions(which I answered) and now sarcasm.

It's okay if you don't like LVE, and it's equally fine that I ask you why. I was genuinely curious. That way I know if I should value your opinion on him or not. It's starting to look like the latter. 

I didn't like TJ Watt last year. It was an unpopular opinion here, but I could at least tell you why.

I don't hate him, but I simply don't see the late-1st rd player I've seen trumpeted. Just no.  If you don't "value my opinion"..I don't care. I'm not about to get into a "youtube scout vs. youtube scout" debate about this.  You think he's worthy of our top pick and I do not.   There's no road to go down with this, man.

15 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

DaBoys hinted at you being the poster that found this "gem" so would you do me the honors of linking me to a post containing your break-down of said LB?  As for "odd conclusions": I made no conclusions other than stating that I was not picking-up the hype that some of you guys were laying down. I said that in the first friggin post.

I have posted it in this thread some pages back. It has some video breakdown. It had a lot to do with the similarities of Lee & Dallas love of drafting replacement players a year early & the love of the school. Plus the name is awesome.

You are coming across a little irritated. As if you had a bad day. Not that I give damn, but you can understand why I am not empathetic to really try and help you out anymore.

Feel free to find it. Or don't. 

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I have a couple LBs ranked ahead of him. It's doubtful that all of them are gone before 19. Considering that the widely dubbed best one, RoQuan Smith, might still be on the board. I also don't like the idea of taking LB at 19, period. We run a 2 LB system and our 2 highly drafted starters are in place. We are losing a valuable former 4th round LB. But there's no need to replace him with a 19 overall pick.

From this you got this:

1 hour ago, ///mcompact said:

You think he's worthy of our top pick and I do not.   There's no road to go down with this, man.

You're not reading.

“Your boy has good eyes, but can struggle getting off blocks. He has very good straight line speed and plays will very good intensity. I believe he is going to struggle in coverage at the next level because he doesn't have fluid hips which would be exposed at the next level.”

This was my response to TO7 when he asked me to watch LVE.

3 minutes ago, JWingate said:

“Your boy has good eyes, but can struggle getting off blocks. He has very good straight line speed and plays will very good intensity. I believe he is going to struggle in coverage at the next level because he doesn't have fluid hips which would be exposed at the next level.”

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I have posted it in this thread some pages back. It has some video breakdown. It had a lot to do with the similarities of Lee & Dallas love of drafting replacement players a year early & the love of the school. Plus the name is awesome.

I'll check a few pages back and look into your Observation of him. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

You are coming across a little irritated. As if you had a bad day. Not that I give damn..

Irritated? Possibly. There are about 3 to 4 "Footballsfuture OGs" in this little Cowboys forum that I've been on the receiving-end of some pointed responses before...some even siding with some trolling divisional rivals.  I guess you could say that, as an outsider,  this Cowboy forum's "welcoming mat" was covered in animal feces and cigarette butts.  If the minority of 12-15 Cowboy fans on this forum want to maintain this "Lord of the Flies" society and gang-up on the new guy,  so be it. 

1 hour ago, JWingate said:

Yeah I’m not quite buying the hype on this dude,. We need the position and love the school, though, so it’s not unreasonable to connect some dots there. But at 19? Man

Archived