2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

On 2/14/2018 at 10:11 PM, JWingate said:

I see him as a 2nd round prospect who can sneak into the 1st round due to his traits. He has New England type player written all over him.

If he is that type of player then hell yes i want him. Because those guys are all about leaving it all out on the field. 

Just now, WizardHawk said:

With this team, Vea (or any tier 1 DT) feels like he's a million miles away. 25+ years of not taking one has to come to an end at some point, I just haven't much confidence this organization sees it that way. 

Same was said of the OL. A man can change his stars.

True, but they at least tried to find some guys in rd 2.

I find totally bizzare that one spot can be completely ignored, especially with the numerous defensive minded coaches we've had. 

Think @matt79511 posted a tweet the other day stating Dallas hadn't taken a DT in first 2 rds since Maryland (actually Kelvin Pritchett was last DT taken in rd 1 or 2).. Too take that a step further...

Maliek Collins is the only DT Dallas has taken prior to rd 3 since Willie Blade (3rd) in 2001.  Crawford could be counted here, but he isn't really a true DT.
In 26 years, Dallas has drafted a total of five DT's in rds 1 - 5. Collins, Blade, Mike Ulufale (1996), Micheal Myers (4th rd 1998), and Antonio Anderson (4th 1997).

Dallas simply puts zero value on drafting DT. 

How many years were we a 34, though? And how many DT's for a 34 are drafted early?

What would Spears be in our current 43?

EDIT - Not saying I don't agree with the overall premise. But I think it is a little more nuanced than that. Prior to our 34 years we had La'Roi Glover who we didn't draft but was excellent.

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

With this team, Vea (or any tier 1 DT) feels like he's a million miles away. 25+ years of not taking one has to come to an end at some point, I just haven't much confidence this organization sees it that way. 

After watching Philly win a SB with back ups against a 5 time SB champ, I have no confidence in this team, league, or sport anymore.

It just isn't the sport I used to know. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Remember when a particular player rushed so many times or a defense took a lead into a 4th quarter, teams almost always won?

What the ball difference does it make WHO we draft if mutt teams like Philly are winning trophies with guys who couldn't hold a starting job on three other teams and a bunch of 1 year contra t FAs?

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Vea  would completely change the identity of this Defense.

No he wouldn't. He would get double teamed, our secondary would get toasted by a guy like John Skelton, and we would lose in the divisional again after winning the #1 seed in the playoffs.

We are a losing organization. Period. Not Vea, not another "shut down CB, ha ha, not Jimmy Johnson himself could change that.

25 years and no SB or NFC championship game appearances???

We are offically mutts!

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

No he wouldn't. He would get double teamed, our secondary would get toasted by a guy like John Skelton, and we would lose in the divisional again after winning the #1 seed in the playoffs.

We are a losing organization. Period. Not Vea, not another "shut down CB, ha ha, not Jimmy Johnson himself could change that.

25 years and no SB or NFC championship game appearances???

We are offically mutts!

Oh. I didn't think about that 

Yeah we straight up suck money balls. I know the older guys in here have seen the cowboys win Superbowls and all that. I will always support my cowboys..because I have nothing in me to ever support another NFL team.

That being said as a young cowboy fan all i've ever seen is losing or 1 and done playoff seasons. No expectations for this upcoming season is the best way to go. 

I still haven't watched the NFC championship game highlights or the Superbowl highlights. Seems like whatever we try to do , things fall apart. Utter bull****.

We are the NFC's laughing stock, honestly.

Charles Haley said it best, we are a bunch damn losers.

9 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Yeah we straight up suck money balls. I know the older guys in here have seen the cowboys win Superbowls and all that. I will always support my cowboys..because I have nothing in me to ever support another NFL team.

That being said as a young cowboy fan all i've ever seen is losing or 1 and done playoff seasons. No expectations for this upcoming season is the best way to go. 

I still haven't watched the NFC championship game highlights or the Superbowl highlights. Seems like whatever we try to do , things fall apart. Utter bull****.

We are the NFC's laughing stock, honestly.

Charles Haley said it best, we are a bunch damn losers.

Yup, and I hate to keep harping on this subject but the thing that has me so twisted about Philly's SB win is that it seemingly took NOTHING to obtain. It's like they signed a bunch of FA's, stormed thru the season, suffered devastating injuries across the board and won a SB after going 7-9 last year with the 7th win being a gimmie.

Now here we are, again, talking about drafting this guy or that guy and his speed or his strength or what position needs to be filled or BPA.

Heck, Philly did it with, at MOST that I can count, 3 top draft picks -Ertz, Cox, Johnson. The rest were FA's, trades  or later picks:

Jeffrey, T. Smith, Ajayai, Blount, Jenkins, Darby, Foles, Jerrnigan, P. Robinson, Elliott (K), Long, etc.

So, here we are with 5 first rounders on our O line, a 1st round RB (top 5 pick), 1st round S (B. Jones) 1st round talent in (S. Lee, J. Smith, D. Lawrence), 1st round WR in Bryant, and all pro players like Witten. And we can't even win a GD playoff game!!!

I hate to say it but we suck. period! With THAT much talent on this team we should have AT LEAST showed in the NFC Championship game. 

I can only point to coaching and the FO as to why a team with THAT many new players can come in and win a SB with less than a year to gel, and we a team with all our talent can't even win a frickin playoff game.

Archived