2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Free Agency :

Tag Lawrence
Tender Irving
Re-sign/ext. Martin, LP, Smith, and Looney.
Release: Scan, Hanna, Mayowa, and Beasley.
Restructure: Dez. Add another year and some incentives. 

FA signings:

Kenny Vaccaro [SS]- Dallas had a 1st rd grade on KV in '13. He's younger and going to be far cheaper than Earl Thomas, who is a pipe dream imo.
Kevin Minter [LB] - With Hitch and Wilbur out, Dallas will need to add at least one vet to the mix. 
Chris Smith [DE] - Replaces Mayowa
Troy Niklas [TE] - Has been bitten by injury bug, but is a good blocker. Cheaper version of Hanna.

1[19] - Trade to Cleveland. Browns have a massive amount of cap space ($110m) and 12 picks. Think John Dorsey is going to be looking to make moves in an attempt to turn that franchise around quickly. Dallas receives 2[33] and 2[35].

2[33] - James Washington (WR - Oklahoma St) - Dez's future seems unclear and TWill likely won't return in 2019. 
2[35] - James Daniels (G - Iowa) - Quick, versatile and lots of upside. 
2[50] - Kemoko Turay (DE - Rutgers) - Think DLaw plays this season on tag and believe Crawford/Irving may be on outs come 2019. Turay is one of my pet cats for 2018.
3[81] - Kendrick Norton (1T - Miami) - Excellent run stuffer and space eater. 
4[116] - Tegray Scales (LB - Indiana) - Lee's future replacement. 
4[137c] - Justin Jackson (RB - Northwestern) - Lot of mileage, but terrific runner and receiver.  
5[171c] - Durham Smythe (TE - Notre Dame) - Under used at ND. Probably goes higher.
5[173c] - Joesph Noteboom (T - TCU) - ZB experience and Green's replacement.
6[193] - Kurt Benkort (QB - Virginia) - Benkort needs work, but has some nice intangibles and tools.
6[208c] - Robert Foster (WR - Alabama) - Good project at WR.
7[236] - Chris Worley (LB - Ohio St) - Depth and ST

I don't know, the last two times we traded out of the first to pick up multiple 2nd's, if memory serves, were the Julius Jones draft and in 2000 when we drafted 3 CB's including, K Lattimore, D. Goodrich and 1 other one.

Neither scenario worked out well for us. Jones had 1 solid year and was injury prone and ALL of the CB's we drafted in 2000 were terrible.

I really don't like LVE.  All the metrics indicate I should but whenever I picture him in a Cowboys uniform I suddenly convulse and see micro flashes of Bobby Carpenter in my head.  ¬¬

However, this is amazing in every possible way:

0090273-ilju-1280x720.jpg

Basically I had us releasing Dez Bryant, and getting a cheaper version of him in round 1. I had:

1. Courtland Sutton 6'4" WR SMU

2. Braden Smith 6'6" 303 lbs. OG Auburn

3. Tim Settle 6'3" 335 lbs DT Virginia Tech

4. Skai Moore Jr. 6'2" 225 LB

4. Micah Kiser 6'2" 240 LB

Which I would be okay with, if we HAVE to release Dez.

16 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Basically I had us releasing Dez Bryant, and getting a cheaper version of him in round 1. I had:

1. Courtland Sutton 6'4" WR SMU

2. Braden Smith 6'6" 303 lbs. OG Auburn

3. Tim Settle 6'3" 335 lbs DT Virginia Tech

4. Skai Moore Jr. 6'2" 225 LB

4. Micah Kiser 6'2" 240 LB

Which I would be okay with, if we HAVE to release Dez.

Like it. Like it a lot actually.  All but the Dez part anyway,. But it would be the Dallas thing to do.

I know it’s kind of a cliched and unproductive thing to say, but I have a really hard time seeing Tim Settle fall to the mid-3rd unless it’s a medical or off-field thing. He’s very much one of those “humans that size should not be able to move like that” types. I’m not convinced he makes it 50

Archived