2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I know it’s kind of a cliched and unproductive thing to say, but I have a really hard time seeing Tim Settle fall to the mid-3rd unless it’s a medical or off-field thing. He’s very much one of those “humans that size should not be able to move like that” types. I’m not convinced he makes it 50

Possibly. But the question becomes how many DT's do you see drafted before him? And how many DT's do you think go before our 3rd round pick?

50 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Possibly. But the question becomes how many DT's do you see drafted before him? And how many DT's do you think go before our 3rd round pick?

I think he’s closer to the Vea/Hurst/Payne tier than the next group, if that’s what you’re suggesting, although I could be forgetting someone. I don’t really think it’s that crazy to suggest he’s even better than Payne. We’ll see how everyone tests

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

I think he’s closer to the Vea/Hurst/Payne tier than the next group, if that’s what you’re suggesting, although I could be forgetting someone. I don’t really think it’s that crazy to suggest he’s even better than Payne. We’ll see how everyone tests

It is the question I am asking. Because there is also:

Taven Bryan.

Harrison Phillips.

Nathan Shepherd

Derrick Nnadi .

Who all in theory could go before or could go after. Deeeeeeeep class.

Not yet familiar with Shepherd but I like Settle better than the other three.

I think this DT class is very much setting up to be “ice cream flavor” discussion where it’s really a matter of subjectivity and what different teams are looking for. Personally, I’m a huge sucker for 335 pounders with the get-off of a 3-tech

24 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think this DT class is very much setting up to be “ice cream flavor” discussion where it’s really a matter of subjectivity and what different teams are looking for. Personally, I’m a huge sucker for 335 pounders with the get-off of a 3-tech

Indeed.  But for that  very reason (flavors) that it is plausible that he is there in the third. We just don't know how teams will attack the DTs.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I had a big mock draft written up. Spent about an hour on it. Had explanations, pictures, gifs, expert scouting reports, and my personal scouting opinions. I was all the way into round 5 and it got deleted.

Stupid

Was it a new post or a post for this thread? I do believe posts save...ie if it's was a new thread you can go back to post new topic. Click in msg box and it may reappear

Bottom line, it sounds to me like the Cowboys are about to release Dez Bryant. Calvin Ridley is probably the 1st WR off the board and probably gone before 19. Every other WR outside Ridley may still be available at 19.  If the Cowboys want a guy that can potentially replace Dez around the goal line and the occasional fly route then Courtland Sutton is your guy. If you want to go a whole different route with WRs and get smaller and faster all around well then you have some decent options there as well.

We are in a good situation in that all of our big needs(LG, 1-tech, Off ball LB) are all positions that are not only deep but not positions that tend to get drafted high.

The Cowboys could be thinking they can get a guy to give Dezs' production under Dak, which is 59 rec/817 yards/7 TDs average over the last 2 years, in the draft. Possibly up the odds by using a 1st. All the other needs could be had later.

With Will Hernandez, Wynn, Daniels, and Braden Smith I'm confident one will be there at 50, maybe 2. Especially with Nelson going ahead of all of them.

3rd round is a good spot to get DT or 1 tech. The Cowboys drafted Collins in the 3rd, and there are a few other options other than Settle here. But not none better imo. Also a good spot to get an explosive back up RB like Chubb, Michel, and many others.

After that I would LOVE to go back to back LB and really load up. Landing Moore jr. And Kiser is a pipe dream but the two LBs compliment each other in that Skai Moore is a smaller LB with questions about his ability to hold up, and Kiser is s 240 pound true thumper with questions about his play speed. And there are a couple other LBs in this range.

6 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I’m curious. How have you watched Tim Settles?

Archived