2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

It'll be interesting to get his actual combine numbers(if that happens) to compare them with Zeke.  Something we will never get with Gurley.  We can just compare them anecdotally: "Gurleys faster than Zeke because I saw him blah blah blah" 

I just remember "they" saying Leonard Fournette was better than Zeke because he was bigger AND faster blah blah size speed combo blah blah. Then he runs a slower 40. Others were saying that Zeke was good but didn't have the break away speed of Dalvin Cook.  Then Cook doesn't clock as fast as Zeke either.

This Barkley kid looks like the real deal.  Looks way more shifty than Zeke and appears to have the vision as well.  He looks faster than Zeke too.  He really reminds me of a young Adrian Peterson.

If they are saying 4.3 for Barkley now I bet it's a mid 4.4's at the combine.  Zeke was a 4.47. I just think Zeke lowers his shoulder and looks for contact a little more than most.

On 9/25/2017 at 5:20 PM, flyingmonkey30 said:

I definitely am not on the "Darnold is the best QB prospect since Luck" bandwagon, but I do think you're selling him short a bit. I think his poise is his best asset for sure, as you pointed out. I also do agree though that he doesn't have a particularly special arm. His anticipation and ball placement are top notch, which helps when you have the windup he has. I think the race for the first pick is closer than people think, between Darnold, Rosen, even Lamar Jackson could work his way into the conversation. Not to mention non-QB's as well.

His arm is top notch in terms of velocity, release point, quickness, and accuracy. I've never seen any QB that is a 10 across the board. But I would say his is a straight 8. Maybe a 7 in velocity and a 9 in release point. But it's pretty close to perfect.

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

So is Saquan Barkley better than Zeke?  He can do the hurdle, get hit in the air, stay on his feet and keep running thing too.

It's looking like I would give the edge to Barkley, but as I said in another thread. I would give Zeke the edge in inside running as well as blocking.

I still think it is way too early to think next years needs.  frankly after the Denver game we could say Every position.  But I still claim one of the major needs is a play making LB to supplement what we have and if this team does not want to resign DLaw then a power edge rusher  I also would like to see more depth/upgrade over  Carrol in the secondary 

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

His arm is top notch in terms of velocity, release point, quickness, and accuracy. I've never seen any QB that is a 10 across the board. But I would say his is a straight 8. Maybe a 7 in velocity and a 9 in release point. But it's pretty close to perfect.

I'm not seeing that, but I guess we'll see

5 hours ago, quiller said:

I still think it is way too early to think next years needs.  frankly after the Denver game we could say Every position.  But I still claim one of the major needs is a play making LB to supplement what we have and if this team does not want to resign DLaw then a power edge rusher  I also would like to see more depth/upgrade over  Carrol in the secondary 

For the bold - Maybe, maybe not, but it is a message board and it is somewhat entertaining.

You know, and this is hoping for the best.

But assuming our defensive line troubles are largely corrected this year. And we develop 3 very capable maybe even borderline elite starters with Lawrence, Collins and Irving.

Who would then be your targeted prospects for next years draft? I doubt Connor Williams declares. But if he did, would you consider him an option in the late 20's. Even at 32? Who else would you consider or even want?

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

You know, and this is hoping for the best.

But assuming our defensive line troubles are largely corrected this year. And we develop 3 very capable maybe even borderline elite starters with Lawrence, Collins and Irving.

Who would then be your targeted prospects for next years draft? I doubt Connor Williams declares. But if he did, would you consider him an option in the late 20's. Even at 32? Who else would you consider or even want?

Courtland Sutton maybe?

On 9/28/2017 at 5:12 AM, Desperado82 said:

A message board entitled "Football's Future" ;) 

What I mean by the "too early" is not that the draft is too far away only until we see how so many of our unknowns perform we really don't know what are needs will be...  will all our Rooks work out in secondary.. early returns on Lewis is great, Woods has shown promise but... Awuzie hasn't made the field   and our DL..  will resign DLaw if he continues at this pace.. how will Taco, Tapper and Mayowa perform....   and with our OL  will Green and Collins work out in their new roles..

about the only thing I can say so far is that it is evident we will need more help at LB, we just are too fragile there, Nolan is serviceable in a certain role but he can not be our lead CB, we could use a upgrade there even if Awuzie works out.   On the positive side I think our WR is working good, Butler is a very solid back up and Williams is preforming very well.   I would not be surprised if we try and find some "speed" in a back up RB role.

so... by actual pick.. not round no...

1. DL pass rusher (I see D Law going bye bye)

2. LB depth 

3. DL bulk middle to help collins/Pea

4.  OL ..  I see Smith on the way out...

5. S or OL...   Heath is better as a role player not main starter  OL needs depth

6  see 5

7  RB with speed... if a good one has slipped go here early but not before the 5th pick of the draft..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation. 

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

Archived