2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

13 minutes ago, BobbyBelt said:

Spoke with Rashaan Evans today. Talked about visiting the Cowboys.

https://cowboys-cast.com/2018/04/11/right-kinda-guy-a-conversation-with-alabamas-rashaan-evans/

See, while im not an Evans fan in the first (I have a 2nd round grad) he at the least, despite being on the risk side, shows via film he can be a star. I can get behind that pick.

15 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Post Dez.....

19 - Ridley/Moore/Sutton

50 - Trade for Earl Thomas

81 - Corbett/Smith/some other OG that falls

116 - LB 

137 - DT

best part about this draft is the ******* trade. this front office blows. hopefully we don't win a game next season and everyone goes.

Post Dez Mock:

Dallas Trades our 1st round pick and Cole Beasley to New England for their first first, and a 2nd.

Dallas Trades our 3rd round pick to Seattle for Earl Thomas. 

• 1.19 - TRADE to New England
  • 1.23 - Taven Bryan - Florida - DT
  • 2.50 - Will Hernandez - Texas-El Paso - OG
  • 2.63 (from NE) - Jack Cichy - Wisconsin - LB
  • 3.81 - TRADE to Seattle
  • 4.114 - Fred Warner - Brigham Young - LB
  • 4.137 - Daurice Fountain - Northern Iowa - WR
  • 5.171 - P.J. Hall - Sam Houston State - DT
  • 5.173 - TRADE to Oakland
  • 6.192 (from Oak) - Nyheim Hines - North Carolina State - RB
  • 6.193 -  Brett Toth - Army - OT
  • 6.208 - Vyncint Smith - Limestone - WR
  • 7.236 - Matt Linehan - Idaho - QB

• Offense - 24
    • QB: Dak Prescott | Cooper Rush
    • RB: Ezekiel Elliot | Rod Smith | Nyheim Hines
    • FB: Jamize Olawale
    • WR: Allen Hurns | Terence Williams | Ryan Switzer | Daurice Fountain Deonte Thompson | Noah Brown
    • TE: Jason Witten | Rico Geathers | Geoff Swaim 
    • LT: Tyron Smith | Cameron Fleming
    • LG: Will Hernandez Marcus Martin
    • C: Travis Frederick 
    • RG: Zack Martin | Joe Looney 
    • RT: La'EL Collins | Chaz Green 
  • Defense - 26
    • LDE: Demarcus Lawrence | Taco Charlton 
    • 3T: David Irving | Taven Bryan | Tyrone Crawford | Brian Price 
    • 1T: PJ Hall | Maliek Collins
    • RDE: Kony Ealy | Charles Tapper | Randy Gregory
    • WLB: Sean Lee | Fred Warner
    • MLB: Jack Cichy | Joe Thomas
    • SLB: Jaylon Smith | Damion Wilson 
    • CB: Byron Jones | Chidobe Awuzie | Jourdan Lewis | Anthony Brown | Marquez White 
    • FS: Earl Thomas | Jeff Heath 
    • SS: Xavier Woods |  Kavon Frazier
  • Special Teams - 3
    • K: Dan Bailey
    • P: Chris Jones
    • LS: L.P. Ladouceur
    • KR: Ryan Switzer |  Jourdan Lewis
    • PR: Ryan Switzrer

Practice Squad:

• Vyncint Smith - Limestone - WR
  • Matt Linehan - Idaho - QB
  • Brett Toth - Army - OT

little tidbit from DJ on NFL.com

Cowboys in the market for a safety and WR: With the release of Dez Bryant, many expect the Cowboys to look for a wide receiver with their first-round selection (No. 19 overall). It's certainly possible that they'll go in that direction with their top pick. However, I'd keep an eye on the safety position as well. I highly doubt Alabama's Minkah Fitzpatrick will be there at No. 19, and the same goes for Florida State's Derwin James. However, keep an eye on Josh Jackson. The talented cornerback from Iowa is being slotted as a safety on some draft boards and he would fit beautifully in the backend of the Dallas defense

37 minutes ago, couchscout said:

Cowboys in the market for a safety and WR: With the release of Dez Bryant, many expect the Cowboys to look for a wide receiver with their first-round selection (No. 19 overall). It's certainly possible that they'll go in that direction with their top pick. However, I'd keep an eye on the safety position as well. I highly doubt Alabama's Minkah Fitzpatrick will be there at No. 19, and the same goes for Florida State's Derwin James. However, keep an eye on Josh Jackson. The talented cornerback from Iowa is being slotted as a safety on some draft boards and he would fit beautifully in the backend of the Dallas defense

Meh. Jackson should stay at CB. If they didn't like Byron at safety because of his lack of physicality, they're going to hate Jackson.

58 minutes ago, couchscout said:

Man, I hate this staff

29 minutes ago, couchscout said:

who some guys you seem to be higher on than the consensus?

off the top of my head

Anthony Miller
Andrew Brown
Harold Landry
Jeremy Reaves

Anthony Miller gets Antonio Brown comps. And Landry Landry is widely considered a top 15 pick. So if we can use that as a baseline, Taven Bryan for me. 

Archived