2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

3 minutes ago, Dirk Gently said:

I saw that later. Wouldn't mind that one bit. Especially if Brown or Butler turns it up over the course of the season. I think it's entirely possible that Dez plays the same way into his mid 30s, but I wouldn't want to bet the offense on it.

No...I wouldn't either, but I think we can get by one more season without drafting a wide out high. T-Will, Beasley, Switzer, and Brown/Butler would be a decent receiving corps if anything happened to Dez.

I will become VIOLENTLY angry if we take a goddamned CB in the first 2 or 3 rounds of the 2018 draft.

Based on what we have now (and without anyone playing meaningful games yet), I think our major needs will be (in no particular order): TE, DT, OLB, and OG/OT (basically, the position La'El Collins doesn't end up playing). 

I'm sure that a lot of people will disagree, but I don't see WR as a huge need. Don't get me wrong, if that's the BPA at our spot, draft one, but I think a young TE to take over for Witten would be a better long term weapon.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this up. Even before our 2017 draft, I wanted Dallas, to consider, drafting a "stud WR" to put opposite Dez and eventually replace him. So tonight's game did little to change that perspective for me. Might need another LB and DE of course. And one of these days a TE for Witten.

Still want a talented 'project" at QB if one becomes available. 

But I will be looking a WR prospects 1st and foremost this season.

7 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Bumping this up. Even before our 2017 draft, I wanted Dallas, to consider, drafting a "stud WR" to put opposite Dez and eventually replace him. So tonight's game did little to change that perspective for me. Might need another LB and DE of course. And one of these days a TE for Witten.

Still want a talented 'project" at QB if one becomes available. 

But I will be looking a WR prospects 1st and foremost this season.

I'll be honest, I didn't really agree with this until very recently. T-Will did some good things tonight, but having another receiver that can go up and win 50/50 balls would be awesome.

I still think it's DL all the way. 3 out of the 4 players we started tonight will be UFAs next spring (assuming Mayowa hits his opt-out incentive), followed by Irving and Moore in '19. I'm sure we'll keep some of those guys, but we'll probably have to cut Crawford to do so.

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I still think it's DL all the way. 3 out of the 4 players we started tonight will be UFAs next spring (assuming Mayowa hits his opt-out incentive), followed by Irving and Moore in '19. I'm sure we'll keep some of those guys, but we'll probably have to cut Crawford to do so.

Yup. Granted, I don't want us to take a DE just to take one...but it's still likely to be an area of need for us moving forward. Would be nice to see Gregory get his head on straight and be a nice "comeback" story, but....not going to get my hopes too high on that one.

Still...if Courtland Sutton is there, it'd be hard not to take a long hard look at him.

3 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Yup. Granted, I don't want us to take a DE just to take one...but it's still likely to be an area of need for us moving forward. Would be nice to see Gregory get his head on straight and be a nice "comeback" story, but....not going to get my hopes too high on that one.

Still...if Courtland Sutton is there, it'd be hard not to take a long hard look at him.

Talk about loooong shots.

Ironically we are so young across the board that it is hard to think just where we need help as most areas are just gonna be getting better with what we have going into next year.    15 more games like this from Lawrence and we won't be able to afford to resign him .  I can see Smith slowing down  so we need depth on the OL  I also see we need depth at LB maybe x2 so we can upgrade Wilson or get someone with size who can play Lb/safety s back up up grade for Heath x3 then

Those would fit the top  four rounds. Basically DE  LB. OL.     Maybe WR if some one with size is available.   You can get Ol starter as late as RD 6.  Thus moving that need down for BPA 

After that I am at a loss happy with Rush as our long term back up we are set at safety and corner back.  I really expect us to have an elite back field next year if not by the end of this year

acrually come to think of it a fast shifty RB like Ajayi of Miami would be good as a change of pace for Elliot don't know who is available but hat type of back is normally available by RD 6 as well especially as he won't be expected to have a heavy work load 

oh save money and also add a quality long snapper in case we can't afford the one we have now who will be a free agent.  

I think that covers first seven picks which  get us past RD 5 if we get two early comp picks

Post Week 1 Mock-Draft:

• Round 1: Malik Jefferson*, LB, Texas 
  • Round 2: Marquis Haynes*, DE, Ole Miss 
  • Round 3: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan 
  • Round 4: Duke Dawson, CB, Florida 
  • Round 4 (comp):  Larry Allen Jr., G, Harvard 
  • Round 5: TRADED -- Xavier Woods
  • Round 5 (comp): Bentley Spain, OT, North Carolina 
  • Round 5 (comp): Damien Harris*, RB, Alabama 
  • Round 5 (comp): Ethan Wolfe, TE, Tennessee 
  • Round 6:  Quinton Flowers*, QB, South Florida
  • Round 7: TRADED -- Jayrone Elliott

Free Agents:

Timmy Jernigan, DT

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Post Week 1 Mock-Draft:

• Round 1: Malik Jefferson*, LB, Texas 
  • Round 2: Marquis Haynes*, DE, Ole Miss 
  • Round 3: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan 
  • Round 4: Duke Dawson, CB, Florida 
  • Round 4 (comp):  Larry Allen Jr., G, Harvard 
  • Round 5: TRADED -- Xavier Woods
  • Round 5 (comp): Bentley Spain, OT, North Carolina 
  • Round 5 (comp): Damien Harris*, RB, Alabama 
  • Round 5 (comp): Ethan Wolfe, TE, Tennessee 
  • Round 6:  Quinton Flowers*, QB, South Florida
  • Round 7: TRADED -- Jayrone Elliott

Free Agents:

Timmy Jernigan, DT

I don't see my STUD WR, but it is hard not to like this draft. 

Archived