2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Texasmade said:

JMO, but I would strongly consider taking a RB somewhere between round 2-3. Zeke's 6 games are likely going to be pushed into next season, and aside from Morris and McFadden being JAGS, their contracts are also expiring. Having a legitimate back up not only helps plug the hole while Zeke's out, but would also lessen the wear on him while he is available. Plus, there's a REALLY good crop of backs in this class.

If lj Scott falls to where he is, we shouldn't need to. 

15 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Let's talk about Sooners, LB/DE, Obo Okoronkwo. His size [6-1ish/235ish] doesn't check the boxes for a 43 DE, but his ability off the edge is unquestionable. Not sure how he would fit, but I think I'd try to find a way. 

That's more of a description of a Tampa-2 pass coverage LB.

22 hours ago, TVScout said:

He could be a top 10 prospect.

Maybe have to pick him in round 1. But I wasn't going for where we picked in each round. Just the round in general. H/e if I had my choice I would still be going after Hubbard or Gustin unless our defensive line blows up this year with sacks like the 07 Giants. 

I keep forgetting about Gustin, but he's a good name to keep an eye on, @Calvert28. I know it's cliche because he's a pass rusher from USC with lovely locks, but he reminds me of Clay Matthews. But athletically too, Matthews killed the combine and I expect Gustin to as well. Reportedly ran a 4.5, had a 35" vertical, and did 35 reps of 225 on the bench press. These are from the university so take it with a grain of salt, but he looks explosive. He's a tough son of a gun too. Didn't finish the game, but playing just days after having surgery on your big toe is tough.

Mmmmmmk this always makes me feel a little bit better after a loss.

Top 5 needs as of right now.

1. DE- Yes this is still our biggest need until we have at least 2 effective pass rushers for us. Even Lawrence stepping up will not do.

2. FS- We need a true center fielder that can help with double coverage, and actually do it well.

3. TE- This is a given. We need someone. 

4. RT- The line has been good, not great. No actual weakness along it. But still it would not hurt to have draft a true RT and have Collins back at LG.

5. WR- This could be higher up as the year goes on. But finding a Odell type player that can stretch the field would really give us just another dynamic to defend against.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

1. DE- Yes this is still our biggest need until we have at least 2 effective pass rushers for us. Even Lawrence stepping up will not do.

2. FS- We need a true center fielder that can help with double coverage, and actually do it well.

4. RT- The line has been good, not great. No actual weakness along it. But still it would not hurt to have draft a true RT and have Collins back at LG.

5. WR- This could be higher up as the year goes on. But finding a Odell type player that can stretch the field would really give us just another dynamic to defend against.

I mostly agree with this, but I'd sub RT for LG. I think Collins will be fine at RT, he just had a bad game (like everyone else today) against arguably the best pure speed rusher in Von Miller. On top of that, we were throwing all game long, which allowed Miller to just pin his ears back and get after it (as evidenced by his 3 offsides penalties today). I'd also add a 1 tech to the list. I know the coaching staff doesn't value it, but having a Damon Harrison type of player (obviously the best 1T in the business, but still) would go a long way to helping the run defense.

12 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I mostly agree with this, but I'd sub RT for LG. I think Collins will be fine at RT, he just had a bad game (like everyone else today) against arguably the best pure speed rusher in Von Miller. On top of that, we were throwing all game long, which allowed Miller to just pin his ears back and get after it (as evidenced by his 3 offsides penalties today). I'd also add a 1 tech to the list. I know the coaching staff doesn't value it, but having a Damon Harrison type of player (obviously the best 1T in the business, but still) would go a long way to helping the run defense.

I think we'll be fine when we get Irving back. Him and Collins, and Crawford in the middle will be more then enough I think so we are not exhausted given we have a healthy rotation. 

Plus we are also getting Moore back. So at the very least we will see what we will have by the end of the year barring injuries. 

19 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Going to do a 180 from last week. Still too early to make any real decision on needs but...

1.] DE - DLaw is playing his way out of Dallas, though I want to see Taco/Tapper and guys off susp. Still think it's going to be high priority.

2.] LB - Lee will be 32. Smith isn't a sure thing by any means and Hitch is a FA. This was way down on list last week, but after looking at yesterday's turd...it probably needs to be addressed for numerous reasons. 

3.] DT - Upgrade next to Collins a must, imo. 

4.] RB - Need someone behind Zeke...might need someone for Zeke. I suddenly find myself mildly concerned about him. Checking out like he did yesterday really turned me off. Though he had lots of company.

5.] WR - Not worried about position overall, but I would love a legit WR threat.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:35 PM, Calvert28 said:

Im actually hoping this game has convinced the FO to see if they can pick up Kenny Vaccaro from NO for like a 4th or something.

Why though? It's not like he's been a playmaker in the secondary. 

5 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Why though? It's not like he's been a playmaker in the secondary. 

He had 2 INT's and 2 FF's and 1 sack in 11 games last year.

He is a serious upgrade over anything we have. He is 26. And they just traded away Stephone Anthony for a 5th. If we could get him for a 4th or a 3rd. That would take care of our box safety problem. Also from all the talk I heard last year, he was almost entirely misused by the coaching staff. He went Top 20 for a reason. I think his play and tenacity would work well in our scheme.

Recent mock I did

• Mike Gesicki TE, Penn State (1st Round, 32nd Overall Pick)
  • Tyquan Lewis DE, Ohio State (2nd Round, 64th Overall Pick)
  • Keishawn Bierria OLB, Washington (3rd Round, 96th Overall Pick)
  • Duke Ejiofor DE, Wake Forest (4th Round, 132nd Overall Pick)
  • Kamryn Pettway RB, Auburn (4th Round, 135th Overall Pick)
  • Sean Chandler FS, Temple (5th Round, 172nd Overall Pick)
  • Scott Pagano DT, Oregon (5th Round, 175th Overall Pick)
  • Tony Adams OG, N.C. State (6th Round, 210th Overall Pick)
  • RoDerrick Hoskins MLB, Florida State (6th Round, 212th Overall Pick)
  • Austin Allen QB, Arkansas (7th Round, 253rd Overall Pick)

Thoughts? 

Archived