2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

On 1/4/2018 at 8:49 AM, eagles suck said:

Do you guys think we already have Dak friendly WR that can get separation and is great hands catcher in Lance Lenior. I think the biggest thing with him was learning the playbook.

The guy dropped passes like hot potatoes but he did have impressive show-outs too. But to say we can rely on him is very far fetched at this point.

6 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

The guy dropped passes like hot potatoes but he did have impressive show-outs too. But to say we can rely on him is very far fetched at this point.

I'm not sure I like you having an "s" at the end of your name. It looks like a toupee.

giphy.gif

We gotta talk to webby about getting it removed. I don't like it.

v9bb46i.gif

On 1/3/2018 at 7:30 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

With Darnold and Rosen declaring, that means 4 QBs go top 15. Very beneficial for us.

I think this draft sets up well to get a top player at a position of need. Theres possibly 4-5 QBs, a RB, and 3-4 OL that could be taken before us. All of which are positions we are strong at. One of the elite players could drop into striking distance for us to trade up a couple spots, or we could stay put and still wind up with one of our favorite prospects 

40 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I think this draft sets up well to get a top player at a position of need. Theres possibly 4-5 QBs, a RB, and 3-4 OL that could be taken before us. All of which are positions we are strong at. One of the elite players could drop into striking distance for us to trade up a couple spots, or we could stay put and still wind up with one of our favorite prospects 

I do not want to trade up for a WR. It needs to be a Front 7 guy or Minkah or Derwin.  

31 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I do not want to trade up for a WR. It needs to be a Front 7 guy or Minkah or Derwin.  

I believe our WR we need on this team can be had later. I feel like there is plenty of talent at that position in later rounds of the draft. Also wouldn’t mind bringing in someone in FA with some wheels either.

36 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Trading up for a god damned DB would make me violently angry.

Then your anger would be misplaced. We have Taco, Irving, Lawrence will most likely be back and Gregory will apply for reinstatement. Not to mention the compensatory picks we can now trade. Derwin's caliber would fill a huge need and solidify our new secondary. 

If Derwin falls to 12-15 range, we need to pull the trigger. Unlike Roquan, Derwin would be a Day 1 starter at safety.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Why not? Calvin Ridley should definitely be in the conversation for a trade up. Day one he would the best WR the Cowboys have on the field.

Who would be the front 7 guy that would start for Dallas in a trade up?

2 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

For sure. I think there will be a couple solid options at 19, be that a NT like Da'Ron Payne or Vita Ve'a, a 3T like Christian Wilkins or Maurice Hurst, a LB like Roquan Smith (unlikely though), or a pass rusher like Harold Landry.

I'd love to see some combo of G, WR, and LB in rounds 2-4. I think those positions are fairly deep and you could find contributors. Gimme like Braden Smith, Michael Gallup, and Skai Moore in that range? Whew

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Trading up for a god damned DB would make me violently angry.

If it's Minkah who turns out to be Polumalu 2.0 then sign me up every damn day of the week. I can see your point about Derwin. But Minkah is a different type of safety. 

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Why not? Calvin Ridley should definitely be in the conversation for a trade up. Day one he would the best WR the Cowboys have on the field.

Who would be the front 7 guy that would start for Dallas in a trade up?

Because a deep threat is not a need position considering the way our offense is built. You trade up for needs, not luxury picks. 

I'd vouch for adding more pieces on the offence. We have a good young defence but lacks veteran presence at least in the secondary. Might also be the reason when Sean Lee is gone our entire defense goes haywire, its great that he has a huge impact on everyone lining up in the secondary but he should have someone helping him. We could add depth pieces in the later rounds but I think our offence needs more young play-makers on the outside or maybe even an offensive lineman.

What our defense needs right now is not more younger blue chip players, we need more vet. presence especially in the secondary. (cough safety cough)

aka follow jacksonvilles blueprint and how they built it

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If it's Minkah who turns out to be Polumalu 2.0 then sign me up every damn day of the week. I can see your point about Derwin. But Minkah is a different type of safety. 

You know that I won’t argue with that. I may hate DBs, but if there’s a potential HOF player in the draft, you draft him regardless of the position he plays. No questions asked.

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Because a deep threat is not a need position considering the way our offense is built. You trade up for needs, not luxury picks. 

If we were talking about Christian Kirk, than yes that would be a luxury pick. But Calvin Ridley is more than just a deep threat like Kirk is. He has the potential to be an elite #1 WR. You would think after the year we had (where none of our WR's could separate 1 on 1) fans wouldn't call this a luxury pick. Dez looks like a shell of himself but there's no one else on our roster who can replace him currently. It would be great to have a young, explosive, sure handed WR who can run the route tree effectively. Dak needs some WRs he can build chemistry with.

Archived