2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

The hilarious thing about the total disinterest in speed at WR is that we run an Air Coryell and have for almost 30 years.

If we were running a WCO, then, sure, burst and acceleration and change of direction would matter more than straight line speed. But when your outside WRs are running verts half the time? Come on, man.

Got bored played a draft simulator. Thought I could hold off till my 2nd to gets Edmunds and be able to select Payne to at 19 but that didn't happen. Thought I think I covered all 3 levels of the defense in a very good way. Definitely 2 starters with Esch and Payne. Hernandez will take over at LG his natural position. And Goedert will have the ability to be groomed by the best leader we have who also plays his position. Might have reached on Callaway but then again there wasn't any dynamic receivers in the 4th and I thought it was safe to gamble. Cichy and Reyes will immediately contribute as well. Both are overachievers and will play Special Teams, Reyes has some real talent to create TO's. and Cichy is a team leader. Solid, solid draft I think despite no pass rushers but I did make our strengths even stronger.

Round 1 Pick 19: DaRon Payne, DT, Alabama (B-)
Round 3 Pick 9 (MIA): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso (A+)
Round 3 Pick 13 (CINN): Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 19 (BALT): Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 11 (MIA): Jordan Whitehead, FS, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Mark Walton, RB, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 4 Pick 18 (BALT): Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida (A)
Round 6 Pick 19: Jack Cichy, ILB/OLB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota (B)

Did a 2nd cause im really really bored.

Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): DaRon Payne, DT, Alabama (B)
Round 2 Pick 2 (NYG): Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 2 Pick 23 (CAR): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso (A-)
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYG): Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 17: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 24 (CAR): Armani Watts, FS, Texas AM (A)
Round 4 Pick 23 (CLE): Jaylen Samuels, RB/WR, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22 (CLE): Toby Weathersby, OT, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 19: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Kyle Allen, QB, Houston (B+)

*Sign Earl Thomas*

Latest Mock:

• Round 1:  Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
  • Round 2: James Daniels, OG, Iowa
  • Round 3: Tim Settle NT, Virginia Tech
  • Round 4: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State
  • Round 4 (comp): Kameron Kellly, DB, San Diego State 
  • Round 4 (comp): Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin
  • Round 5:  Kylie Fitts, DE, Utah 
  • Round 5 (comp): Jaylen Samuels, FB/HB, NC State
  • Round 6: Jake Campos, OT, Iowa State 
  • Round 7: Austin Allen QB, Arkansas 

On 2/4/2018 at 5:37 PM, Calvert28 said:

Got bored played a draft simulator. Thought I could hold off till my 2nd to gets Edmunds and be able to select Payne to at 19 but that didn't happen. Thought I think I covered all 3 levels of the defense in a very good way. Definitely 2 starters with Esch and Payne. Hernandez will take over at LG his natural position. And Goedert will have the ability to be groomed by the best leader we have who also plays his position. Might have reached on Callaway but then again there wasn't any dynamic receivers in the 4th and I thought it was safe to gamble. Cichy and Reyes will immediately contribute as well. Both are overachievers and will play Special Teams, Reyes has some real talent to create TO's. and Cichy is a team leader. Solid, solid draft I think despite no pass rushers but I did make our strengths even stronger.

Round 1 Pick 19: DaRon Payne, DT, Alabama (B-)
Round 3 Pick 9 (MIA): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso (A+)
Round 3 Pick 13 (CINN): Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 19 (BALT): Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 11 (MIA): Jordan Whitehead, FS, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Mark Walton, RB, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 4 Pick 18 (BALT): Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida (A)
Round 6 Pick 19: Jack Cichy, ILB/OLB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota (B)

Did a 2nd cause im really really bored.

Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): DaRon Payne, DT, Alabama (B)
Round 2 Pick 2 (NYG): Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 2 Pick 23 (CAR): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso (A-)
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYG): Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 17: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 24 (CAR): Armani Watts, FS, Texas AM (A)
Round 4 Pick 23 (CLE): Jaylen Samuels, RB/WR, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22 (CLE): Toby Weathersby, OT, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 19: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Kyle Allen, QB, Houston (B+)

I’ll take Scenario 2 and not look back.

You know, and forgive me for feeling this way, but at this moment it doesn't seem to matter what we do. We have an IDIOT for a GM. 

I just cannot wrap my head around the fact that Philly, last year a legit 6 wins, signed 11 FA's this year, lost all of the pieces we lost INCLUDING their starting QB and replaced him with a guy who couldn't hold a starting job ANYWHERE else, looks like garbage when he steps in, spends a week with the QB whisperer ie: Ginger Jesus, and BOOM, he is SB MVP. With the likes of Aikman, Rodgers, Montana, Staubach, Brady, both Mannings, etc.

Which begs the question: Could Wentz have played ANY better???

And if that is the question, then, is Wentz REALLY that good or is it just the system he plays in. Because Foles couldn't do ish on the other teams he played for, but here he put up MVP numbers???

I understand this is not a draft thread. But I will relate it this way.

We are ONLY going to draft DB's, one project D lineman, 1 LB that should have been a 1st rounder if he..wasn't bitten by a werewolf or some ish like that,  sign FA's that wont even be on the team by years end and watch Dak and Dez implode for another season.

So, we can have the first 10 picks in the draft, and we will somehow screw it up because apparentley all it takes to win a SB is 11 FA signings that miraculously gelled in one season and a bunch of back ups to beat the GOAT.

So, take it for what its worth, I am only bitter about the fact that we wasted the careers of guys like Witten, Romo, Barber, etc when a bunch of 2nd stringers just beat a 5 time champion.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about the state of our franchise, then i can't help you. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Did...you really just use Barber? Good grief man, get a hold of yourself.

Barber deserved a ring as much as anyone. Dude flat balled for as long as he could. Even Earl Campbell called quit before 10 years because of the punishment. 

35 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Assuming we don't get good news on Gregory, what does everyone think about Harold Landry?

He is exactly what Rod looks for in a DE. Then again I thought for sure it would have been Watt last year too considering the way he was built too. 

Archived