G/C Marcus Martin
T Cameron Fleming

Out Going

CB Orlando Scandrick
LB Kyle Wilbur
FB Keith Smith
OG Jonathon Cooper
Benson Mayowa

We could certainly do quite a bit of maneuvering with ten picks...though we should have a decent amount of cap room next season, maybe we go for at least one high-priced free agent?

As of now I have our needs as follows:

• OT - depending on how well Collins plays, this could change.
  • WLB - Lee isn't getting any younger, and I think it's time to start looking for his eventual replacement.
  • TE - Same thing above applies to Witten. It would be great if Gathers can emerge.
  • WR - Bryant is still under contract but approaching 30 and has been hampered by injuries the last couple of years. T-Will isn't a #1 threat, and none of the other guys on the roster are either. I'd love to land Courtland Sutton.
  • OG - I don't think they'll consider this a huge need, but if we don't get at least decent play out of whoever lines up at LG for us this year...might want to consider an upgrade.

12 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

We could certainly do quite a bit of maneuvering with ten picks...though we should have a decent amount of cap room next season, maybe we go for at least one high-priced free agent?

• WLB - Lee isn't getting any younger, and I think it's time to start looking for his eventual replacement.
  • TE - Same thing above applies to Witten. It would be great if Gathers can emerge.
  • WR - Bryant is still under contract but approaching 30 and has been hampered by injuries the last couple of years. T-Will isn't a #1 threat, and none of the other guys on the roster are either. I'd love to land Courtland Sutton.
  • OG - I don't think they'll consider this a huge need, but if we don't get at least decent play out of whoever lines up at LG for us this year...might want to consider an upgrade.

I could the need for multiple LBs. As you mentioned Lee, then Hitch and Wilbur (not sure he makes roster this yr) are FA. Wilson is up in the air atm. There's a lot of potential for a big hit to the depth chart right now. Hoping Wacha pans out in some fashion.

I could definitely see them using another high pick on a LB to take Lee's spot (Malik Jefferson please), and then using some later round picks to fill SLB and the rest of the depth chart. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Unless one of our young ends really steps up, I think it would be unwise to pass on a true pass rushing right end. Still think we have a bunch of left ends, and nobody that can just pin their ears back and get after the QB

I'm with you on that. We could let Lawrence walk after this season and move Charlton over to LE (or keep him there depending on where the staff wants him this year). Irving and Tapper would be good rotational players to have. 

It would be great if Harold Landry could fall into our lap, but unless we're picking top five/top ten that's unlikely. Josh Sweat or Dorance Armstrong, Jr. would be great as well.

4 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I'm with you on that. We could let Lawrence walk after this season and move Charlton over to LE (or keep him there depending on where the staff wants him this year). Irving and Tapper would be good rotational players to have. 

It would be great if Harold Landry could fall into our lap, but unless we're picking top five/top ten that's unlikely. Josh Sweat or Dorance Armstrong, Jr. would be great as well.

There are, on the surface, many potential right ends in this class. Arden Key, the aforementioned, Landry, Sweat, and Armstrong, as well as Clelin Ferrell, Sam Hubbard, and Tyquan Lewis to mention a few.

1 minute ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

There are, on the surface, many potential right ends in this class. Arden Key, the aforementioned, Landry, Sweat, and Armstrong, as well as Clelin Ferrell, Sam Hubbard, and Tyquan Lewis to mention a few.

I'm a fan of Hubbard and Lewis. 

It would definitely seem to be a deep draft at the RE spot, at least as of now. 

On 7/20/2017 at 9:51 AM, Desperado82 said:

OT - Still need a reliable swing guy, Green injured a lot

Will - Hitchens might be your guy here. He's at his best when he can run free and not have to engage blockers

TE - Gathers is your guy here. Swaim will stick around a while.

WR - Bingo. Think this is your first rounder, if there is one available. Also Beasley is as old as Bryant, though that has been somewhat addressed with Switzer. Also, Noah Brown has a little something... want to see more of that kid.

OG - Might be worth an upgrade, particularly if they can do so later when the contracts are cheap, but I suspect whoever is there will be fine

You didn't mention D-line.  We have some young possibilities here, but youth at tackle and ability at end can both continue to be upgraded. Plus DLaw will command a lot of $ if he has even a decent contract year and we might not want to pay it.

Corner is always a need, though there is a LOT of youth and skill there at the moment. As the saying goes, you can never have to many good CBs

Archived